War zone FIREFIGHTS the biggest bs yet.

Dancraig902

I want to start by saying that I appreciate 343 going about and continuing to release content for halo 5. It keeps me coming back as I am a 20 something year old whose played halo since the beginning I think your guy's support is amazing.

HOWEVER

I've taken the time to actually come to your guy's forum and post my first topic due to the EXTREME BS that's going on with the new firefight. I've always decided to just play through the bugs and problems for nothing is perfect and I understand that.

THIS TOPIC is not to bash you guys or halo. I want to start by saying the first thing I've done when I got halo 5 was to beat the campaign by myself on legendary. So I dont mind a challenge. And I'm no noob when it comes to competition .

FIRST I want to talk about the overall difficulty of the new firefight, it is WAY TOO HARD and UNBALANCED, the OBJECTIVES are ridiculous hardly giving a good team of 8 people the time to spawn and get to the PROTECT objectives before the LEGENDARY NUMEROUS ENEMIES have destroyed it. I've now played 15 games of firefight and almost everyone has ended with a protect EASILY being destroyed by the enemies.

SECOND the number of enemies is ridiculous, I love a good wave of enemies to go flying into , but when 4 praetons have spawned with ghosts and a good 30 enemies alike when we hardly have LEVEL 3 reqs, it's obvious that firefight has been made to purposely fail more often than you succeed.

HOWEVER i would be fine with this if most of them failed on the 4th or 5th round however due to the random objective spawn most of the time you hardly make it to round 3.

I am a veteran halo player and I have no problem with a challenge as I said but it's obvious that you guys made firefight to be a less than 20% success rate ESPECIALLY if even HALF of the team is filled with people who refuse to use reqs or who just don't have the experience yet to help out. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

As I said I'm not here to tell you guys that the game is trash or that you guys are trash, I love the new game and your guy's continued support. However in the next update it would be nice to have a more realistic firefight. Im talking even a 40% success rate is okay with me.

Sincerely,

A troubled gamer

Well this ain't the official forum so no Dev will hear you here.

Addressing your points below:

1. Warzone FF is indeed hard, but have you played the beta? It was the easiest thing ever except for defending the garage from a Promethean onslaught. Becasue of this a lot of people wanted to see Firefight be a tough challenge like it was back in ODST again, and 343i delivered. Work together as much as possible and USE YOUR REQS! Some objectives are indeed harder than other and some to the point of being nearly impossible (3 Wardens in de homebase) but with focus fire and strategy it can all be done. However I've never had a hard time protecting any objectives in the last round, just spawn a Tank or another heavy vehicle and you should be good to go.

2. The amount of enemies is glorious, just take caution and don't die. Shoot untill your shield drops or gets low and get back into cover, reload, and do it all again. Also, Pheatons aren't that hard. A bit of focus fire on the critical spot on the belly of it and it'll crumble in no time.

Me myself have won more than I've lost and definitely made it past round 3. Thing is that you have to use your Vehicles and Power weapons, you won't get anywhere with your loadout weapons past round 2/3.

Ah well thank you for directing me elsewhere, however I am the one using reqs and my vehicles. My point was that if even half the team is inactive or not using them were ******. As I said I LOVE a challenge, and I agree the beta was way too easy however the objective scale is wrong, and so is the timing for some of the objectives. Really though the only objective to be the biggest bs is the protect due to the fact that 60 enemies show up on legendary difficulty and dish out so much damage ive had it destroyed THREE times before I got my wraith there and I spawned it close to the beginning of the round. I'm glad you've had a better success rate, but I've not been the only veteran with this concern.

Ah well thank you for directing me elsewhere, however I am the one using reqs and my vehicles. My point was that if even half the team is inactive or not using them were ******. As I said I LOVE a challenge, and I agree the beta was way too easy however the objective scale is wrong, and so is the timing for some of the objectives. Really though the only objective to be the biggest bs is the protect due to the fact that 60 enemies show up on legendary difficulty and dish out so much damage ive had it destroyed THREE times before I got my wraith there and I spawned it close to the beginning of the round. I'm glad you've had a better success rate, but I've not been the only veteran with this concern.

Really? Protect rounds? Sounds like you have more of a bad team of not wanting to get inside the Armory/Garage as well as nobody wanting to get to the Power Core.

I have never failed an Armory, Garage or Power Core mission yet. Because there are harder missions out there.

What I suggest is you play in a fireteam of at least 4 people, maybe more. Your success rate will rise.

If you don't have any friends to play with, I suggest you find some. Quite a few of us from here are willing to help out a friendly player.

Also, just a headsup. Stop calling yourself veteran players. Nobody cares. The typical definition of Veteran, is long-term. If you played Halo Reach at launch, you're considered a Veteran. The title doesn't matter anymore.

Hi guys this is my first time I've been so disappointed in game, thats its made me want to share what I think. Halo 5's new Warzone Firefight.....well I didn't get to play the beta as I didn't know there was one! I wish I did then I would have something to compare it with. Anyway, it sucks! Now I know there are players out there that want games to be super hard, but WZ FF is a joke. I don't confess to be the best player in the world, but there have been some really good players in WZ FF that even they have had been put up against impossible odds.

WZ FF is completely unbalanced and most of the missions are impossible to complete. The A.I are stupidly overpowered and the players weapons, well you may as well be just throwing pebbles at the enermy for all the good they do. You have enermies spawn on you when your at the REQ and even when your not! A Mantis I used got destroyed in 2 hits as I was bring it out of the garage before I even had change to hit anything with it.

This is supposed to be a game where players get together and have fun blowing the crap out of everthing and acheving objectives not wasting there time on missions where there up against A.I's that are almost impossible to kill. I wish we could see the hit points on these things as they must be over a million or more. I see players in wraths bombarding an enermy Knight and it just turned at the wrath and destroyed it in 2 shots of its weapon. The wrath did almost no damage at all to the knight except bring some of its shield down!

What the hell is this 343!? Yes you should make it difficult, but this is stupid. I'm sure the difficulty is set on legendary and then gets harder when legendary or better should be the final wave not the first! You've listened to the feedback after the beta, but have gone over the top with it. Do you developers know what easy, normal, hard and legendary even mean? I don't think so.

I've also had enermies shooting at me through walls. Its almost like 343 are upset at how we the player complained that Firefight was not in Halo 4 or 5 and decided that after you got the feedback from the beta said, "we'll teach 'em to complain about our game." And made it as hard and as unbeatable as you could make it and thats not having fun. Thats anti-player mode.

Update on my post reply. I played a bit more WZ FF today to give it another try and if it couldn't get any worse, you'd be mistaken. On a firefight map today, I got to level 6 REQ and went for a scorpion tank. As it rolled out of the garage, what do you think happened? Well I'll tell you, it rolled out right in the middle of enemies!!! WTF!! Until 343 sort this out, I've had it with this BS.