Copyright Complaint Question

ArielTorano

Good afternoon,

My name is Ariel Torano and I am currently creating adverts for my college project at Full Sail University for my degree in Media Communications. I have to generate an advert that represent certain media influence and triggers certain regions of the brain. I was granted permission to use any content I feel passionate about, so I immediately chose Halo 5. I want to create a story montage with 80% in game footage and around 20% campaign video footage to produce a commercial. This advert is for educational purposes only and will have absolutely no monetary gain or personal gain. I want to know if I have permission to use your Halo 5 contents for this purposes and this purpose only. My video in the description will have the Microsoft copyright complaint information and information reflecting that it is indeed a school project and is no way affiliated with Microsoft or 343. The reason I ask is because the copyright information distributed by Microsoft does allow me to use certain footage for personal consumption, but does not allow any form of commercial usage. I am not sure a commercial for educational purposes only falls into this bracket. I deeply respect both Microsoft and 343 and want to make sure that all my actions are copyright compliant.

Thank you for your time,

Ariel Torano

If you want to get an official statement from 343i, try over at Halowaypoint, although you most likely won't get a response. 

Here is the most recent Game Content Usage Rules for Xbox: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rulesIf you scroll down it has a general outline of what falls under commercial use. I think you would be fine if it is just for a university project.

• Like 2

If you want to get an official statement from 343i, try over at Halowaypoint, although you most likely won't get a response. 

Here is the most recent Game Content Usage Rules for Xbox: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rulesIf you scroll down it has a general outline of what falls under commercial use. I think you would be fine if it is just for a university project.

Thank you so much for your reply. I already read the copyright compliant information. Unfortunately, I fall into an odd grey area. I have contacted 3 Facebook profiles, 2 Twitter accounts, An email that doesn't work, 2 forums, and called Microsoft directly. You are the only person who has responded. Thank you again for all of your help I will try Halowaypoint next!  Have an awesome day!

• 2 years later...