•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 09:20 AM) Welcome to the forums, brarnette! :welcome: View brarnette's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 12:47 AM) Hey everyone
@  Melody : (14 November 2019 - 11:47 PM) :hide:
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (14 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) @GermanShepherdD Hey bud! It's been ages, how ya been?
@  GermanShepherdD : (13 November 2019 - 05:45 PM) :dog:
@  343iBot : (13 November 2019 - 05:03 PM) Welcome to the forums, Anthonyriz! :welcome: View Anthonyriz's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (13 November 2019 - 01:27 PM) Hey fam
@  343iBot : (13 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Welcome to the forums, Karensag! :welcome: View Karensag's Profile
@  343iBot : (12 November 2019 - 02:36 PM) Welcome to the forums, lucilleaj60! :welcome: View lucilleaj60's Profile
@  343iBot : (12 November 2019 - 02:19 PM) Welcome to the forums, billybh4! :welcome: View billybh4's Profile
@  343iBot : (12 November 2019 - 01:47 AM) Welcome to the forums, louisamo4! :welcome: View louisamo4's Profile
@  343iBot : (11 November 2019 - 04:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, wildayd16! :welcome: View wildayd16's Profile

Photo

Halo 5: REQ reveal and UI Update

Halo 5 REQ Update

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:13 AM

Halo 5: REQ reveal and UI Update

CVHqUlR.png?1

Last week we had a preview, this week we get the full reveal!

After the little tease of REQs we got in the preview last week we now have the full picture without any smudges or ONI logo's. And I've got to say, it was surprising.

Anyway, here's the list:

h5-guardians-mor-req-infographic-small-3

Turns out all the speculation surrounding the Legendary weapon was true. Jorge's HMG is making its return to Halo! If you get your hands on it you'll find that you walk a lil' faster and can take more of a punch. Also, your bullets explode in impact. I don't remeber it doing that in Reach but... I'll take it.

The REQ with the mysterious ONI symbol plastered over it turned out to be a Pheaton variant. We were all hoping for the Falcon, but maybe this Pheaton won't explode from peashooter fire.

Next we have all of the (predicted) Noble team armors. Keep in mind that they're not supposed to be exactly like the armors you saw in Reach (e.g "Emile's" knife is not on the shoulder armor). Wanted to clarify this since I've seen people literally going crazy over this.

We also get a little armor mod that's going to help you be the designated driver.

Finally we have the weapon attatchment of which I'm still not sure what they do exactly. I believe Fishy said on my last post that it was a marker/spotter of sorts.

Moving on we have images of UI improvements. We finally get post game medals and extended stats in the carnage report for bragging rights and showing off. Extended stats include:

• All Medals earned from the match, including quantity, medal rarity, and description
  • Tool of Destruction
  • Killed Most (see who each player killed most, and how many times)
  • Killed By (see who each player fell victim to the most, and how many times)
  • Press LB or RB to view Commendations or Progress from your Recap
  • Press LT or RT to view Recaps of other players from the match.

And here's how it's going to look like:

Eeg5uXC.jpg?1

6vTfg87.jpg?1

Fancy stuffs.

Alongside the improved carnage report is a search preference tool that'll help you find a game your way. It's not exactly server region selection, but it's a step in the right way. With the tool we're getting we can choose between:

• Balanced (default): Search for a match based on your fireteam's skill and network connection quality.
  • Expanded: Widen search parameters to find the first available match with reasonable skill matching and network connection quality.
  • Focused: Narrow search to find the best match based on your fireteam's skill and connection. Search times may be longer than normal.

Don't forget to leave your thoughts on Waypoint when it drops so 343i knows right from wrong!

Additionally we get an explaination and criteria for the Infection medals we were shown in the preview.

I'll post the list down here:

Zombie Hunter - "Kill 5 Zombies without dying"

Zombie Slayer - "Kill 10 Zombies without dying"

Hell’s Janitor - "Kill 15 Zombies without dying"

Hell Jumper - "Kill 20 Zombies without dying"

Zombicide - "Kill 25 Zombies without dying"

The Cure - "Kill 30 Zombies without dying"

Infector - "Infect 2 Survivors without dying"

Carrier - "Infect 3 Survivors without dying"

Ravager - "Infect 4 Survivors without dying"

Plague Bearer - "Infect 5 Survivors without dying"

Lord of the Flies - "Infect 6 Survivors without dying"

Last Man Standing - "Be the last man standing in a game of Infection"

Infected - "Infect a survivor"

Ancient One - "Survive an entire round as a Zombie and convert at least one Survivor"

Survived - "Live through the Zombie Apocolypse"

Resourceful - "Kill a Zombie when all of your weapons are empty"

Stalker - "Assassinate a Zombie”

Flatline - "Kill the last man standing in a game of Infection"

Finally we get some additional tweaks for the Halo 5 sandbox in a little message from the Halo 5 multiplayer team.

For Memories of Reach, we’ve fixed a bug where Spartan Charge would not properly target enemies at the edges of a red reticle on the horizontal plane (you can still get red reticle and miss vertically). Fear not, though – players who skillfully evade a Spartan-Charging player with Thrust will still escape without taking damage. Additionally, Spartan Charge with Speed Boost will no longer be a one-hit kill, and Spartan Charge with the Gravity Hammer will no longer be a one-hit kill.

The last item is a slight increase to movement speed while crouching. This has been increased to allow for crouching to be a more viable choice for players to flank and attack. The speed isn’t drastic, but after months of testing we’ve found it to be the sweet spot.

So, this is what you can expect when the update drops.

Leave your thoughts and comments down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Halowaypoint

This post has been promoted to an article

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#2 Sikslik7

Sikslik7

The Sicilian

• Community Moderators
  • 2,129 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:sikslik7
  • LocationStorming The Castle
      7    2    2    2       2               

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:48 AM

My Falcon! Just kidding, everyone wanted the hornet more anyways.

33rd to reach 1000 posts (favorite number)

#3 Guts

Guts

The Black Swordsman

• Dedicated Members
  • 971 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationIreland
7    6                  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:07 AM

Finally proper carnage stats! I'm looking forward to this coming out.

berserk_guts_forum_signature_by_edd000-d

#4 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:These Oats
  • LocationInside your imagination, and possibly your dreams! O.O
   5          4      

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

Of all of the weapons they chose to add, they give us the Brute Plasma Rifle!? Why not the regular Plasma Rifle!? Or both!?

bnqJNoV.png

Victory is in a Simple Soul.

#5 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

My Falcon! Just kidding, everyone wanted the hornet more anyways.

No they didn't.

Also, regarding the subject. I think removing the insta-kill Spartan Charge with Speed Boost was stupid. The only place other than Warzone that has Speed Boosts is Breakout, and Spartan Charge is already insta-kill because you have no shields.

Way to go 343, removing something fun that made Warzone chaotic. Now Speed Boost is about as useless as Damage Boost. (Seriously, who uses that?)

#6 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

No they didn't.

Also, regarding the subject. I think removing the insta-kill Spartan Charge with Speed Boost was stupid. The only place other than Warzone that has Speed Boosts is Breakout, and Spartan Charge is already insta-kill because you have no shields.

Way to go 343, removing something fun that made Warzone chaotic. Now Speed Boost is about as useless as Damage Boost. (Seriously, who uses that?)

tryhards, nuff salad.

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#7 Ardent Prayer

Ardent Prayer

Inconsistent with site activity

• Legendary Members
  • 1,045 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:TheArdentPrayer
  • LocationOrange County, Southern California, USA

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

Of all of the weapons they chose to add, they give us the Brute Plasma Rifle!? Why not the regular Plasma Rifle!? Or both!?

No normal Plasma Rifle because of the Storm Rifle. Brute Plasma Rifle because maybe promoting Brutes for Halo Wars 2?

Twitter | Reddit | Twitch | Waypoint | Bungie.net | Steam | Discord: Ardent#2396

Just your average friendly forum user and Halo fan.

PM me for more contact details or misc.

#8 Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Mr Kittens and Gibberish

Sergeant Johnson

• Dedicated Members
  • 346 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:These Oats
  • LocationInside your imagination, and possibly your dreams! O.O
   5          4      

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

Well, whats the point of incorporating the Battle Rifle from Halo 2 and the Pistol from CE then? Or the SPNKR Rocket?

bnqJNoV.png

Victory is in a Simple Soul.

#9 Zaku_John

Zaku_John

Hunter

• Members
  • 26 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Zaku John31
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

I think I'm going to resub to live when I'm back home. Some of those new Reach Req items are sexy.

#10 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

Well, whats the point of incorporating the Battle Rifle from Halo 2 and the Pistol from CE then? Or the SPNKR Rocket?

The Halo 2 Battle Rifle has more aim assist and bullet magnetism compared to the regular BR which doesn't seem like a lot, but it makes a huge difference.

The SPNKR rocket launcher fires faster and has faster projectiles but reloads slower than the regular Rocket Launcher. It also gets 2 more rockets when you spawn it in I believe.

All in all, it's mostly aesthetic.

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#11 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:16 AM

Nostalgic purposes.

But they also have gameplay differentiation. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 5, REQ, Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users