Earlier today, Bethesda launched a trailer for Fallout 4's next DLC 'Wasteland Workshop' as well as additional info on their main site.
Wasteland Workshop - serving as a follow-up to the 'Automatron' precursor - from what we know mostly contains advancements in homestead design along with creature harassment. The package includes...
- Capture cages for monsters, animals, or humans alike: like Preston Garvey.
- Pitting of tamed, wild, or domesticated creatures as well as unfortunate humans (like Preston Garvey) in a gladiatorial extravaganza for the amusement of yourself, and your bloodthirsty settlers.
- OR unleashing of said creatures / hostile humans upon your unsuspecting posse for maximum carnage.
- Planting of... plants onto excavated ground on aggravating dirt-less structures: like concrete, house floors, or in the enclosure you keep your enslaved humans in.
- Utilization of groundbreaking technology like Radiation Scrubbers, Fusion Core Generators, or artsy Neon Letters for spelling "STAY THE FRICK OUT OF MY ROOM, PRESTON!".
- Giant elaborate deathtraps of all shapes & sizes (floor spikes, rotating wall blades, humongous rat traps, etc) used for big or small game: like Preston Garvey.
- Forgery of legitimate concrete or metal structures that lack the myriad of holes, and overall lack of quality by amateurish contractors. Looking at you, Marcy.
- Release a grunt when an active ceiling fan slams against your cranium.
- And finally, as Bethesda exclaims, "new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!"
Check out the video in the spoiler if you'd like a more in-depth look at... whatever you're looking at:
The Wasteland Workshop descends upon the masses worldwide on Tuesday, April 12th across the Xbox One, PS4, and PC platforms. Then, in May, 'Far Harbor' - a full-fledge expansion I liken to Point Lookout - approaches the Fallout 4 community like a tsunami. Here's to hoping Preston Garvey has an "accident" on the voyage to this mysterious land.
Thanks for reading!
This post has been promoted to an article