•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Mr Kittens a... : (16 July 2019 - 06:06 PM) Perty gud
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (16 July 2019 - 04:35 PM) How's the community doing?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (16 July 2019 - 04:35 PM) @Mr Kittens and Gibberish Congrats buddy, nice one ;)
@  Mr Kittens a... : (16 July 2019 - 04:30 PM) Forge Labs server
@  343iBot : (15 July 2019 - 10:18 PM) Welcome to the forums, Aleman9607! :welcome: View Aleman9607's Profile
@  Drizzy_Dan : (15 July 2019 - 12:58 PM) Nice! What kind of server?
@  Halo6 Follower : (14 July 2019 - 02:00 PM) Ayyy, congrats bud!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (14 July 2019 - 06:16 AM) I'm a Discord Moderator now :3
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 July 2019 - 03:20 AM) Fun times
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 July 2019 - 03:20 AM) Haha, that was me!
@  Mothy : (13 July 2019 - 12:43 AM) I was looking around at my bookmarks and noticed that the UNSC warfare website has offically come to a close, and the fourth top player is BatedSuperior5! Now I know hes on these forums someplace, I just forget his username. But still, sad to see it decommissioned like Destiny Cafe was :(
@  Mothy : (13 July 2019 - 12:40 AM) Hola homies
@  343iBot : (11 July 2019 - 12:02 PM) Welcome to the forums, Fight! :welcome: View Fight's Profile
@  Drizzy_Dan : (10 July 2019 - 09:22 AM) There's others!
@  343iBot : (09 July 2019 - 04:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, irynadreamer! :welcome: View irynadreamer's Profile
@  Mr Kittens a... : (09 July 2019 - 12:48 PM) Kind of. Wish I got to go.
@  Drizzy_Dan : (09 July 2019 - 09:03 AM) Anyone see all the cool stuff from Outpost Discovery?
@  Drizzy_Dan : (09 July 2019 - 09:03 AM) Hope everyone had a good weekend
@  Drizzy_Dan : (09 July 2019 - 09:03 AM) Hello forum
@  Mr Kittens a... : (03 July 2019 - 08:39 PM) Man, I can't believe I forgot about such a solid song. The Gorrilaz are dope. https://youtu.be/E5yFcdPAGv0

Photo

Do you remember when Halo CE first found you?

How old where you? First time you played? What made you a fan?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 HuskerFootball9

HuskerFootball9

Prophet of Regret

• Trusted Members
  • 220 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:HuskerFootball9

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I was young when i first got halo CE, i was only like, 5 or 6, i got it on christmas day, along with my xbox, and i thought "hmm, just another game" but ever since i played CE, i can't turn back on halo, it is one of the best games i have ever played.

LONG LIVE HALO.

this is pretty much the same story for me
Posted Image

#22 Spitfire

Spitfire

Brute Minor

• Trusted Members
  • 398 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:lewiswb09
  • LocationHarvest

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

This is the Halo PC trailer from the demo it makes me lol every time

I first saw CE when I saw this trailer

I first played it on the day it was released :p
Posted Image

#23 its LilBeast

its LilBeast

Prophet of Truth

• Banned
  • 296 posts
Liked

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

At that time i believe i was between 16-18. Played countless hours on it and became the "Hunter Blockaid". because each time me and a friend had to deal with a darn hunter he would hide in the corner and suck his thumb while i danced around it and brought it down. I used to love going up against 2 hunters at once since it gave me a rush. Still miss that game to no end, and i often play it on the pc when i can.

#24 Dubness2

Dubness2

Brute

• Members
  • 46 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Dubness2
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

10 years old when I first received Halo. It was a glorious day of nothing but slaughtering aliens with by brothers. Though, I have been familiar with Bungie for sometime. I played all the Marathon's they created, so much fun. Then I saw where they had switched consoles and I along with them. :)

#25 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

Is it just me or does the voice from video two sound a bit like Master Chief doing an "In A World" impression? lol

My first experience with Halo was Halo CE PC version a few weeks after it came out. A couple of guys in my computer tech class figured out how to install Halo on the school computers (not normally possible, but with a few firewalls fubared and a USB, back then, anything was possible). We played it in class when we got bored, and I always won. One of my classmates (he later went into MLG, his names Jeff) got so angry at me he walked over and turned off my computer. xD

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#26 343industries

343industries

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 491 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:aKa HysTeR1aC
  • LocationSanta Friday

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:57 AM

So our friend V gets an XBOX, me and P are not into gaming though at the time. We all were 12 years old. V comes over at P's house and brings his XBOX and Halo CE along to show it to us. Over the next 2 weeks me and P had an XBOX and the 3 of us had amazing lan matches playing Halo.
Posted Image

#27 Adam91

Adam91

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 1,726 posts
Legendary

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

10 years ago the xbox was just released and i was out with my dad getting it for xmas i went into the store and picked an xbox that had the james bond night fire game with it, then the store assistant showed me the xbox package that came with halo ce and he said that this is was far better game and convinced me to get it, so i got it and thats where it all kicked off for me, if it wasnt for that guy i might not have become a halo fan and i wouldnt be part of this brilliant site and comunity, thank you game store assistant guy.

#28 Squirrelboy724

Squirrelboy724

Grunt

• Members
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

I was slightly slow to the Halo CE party. I didn't get to play it (parents not letting me play M-rated games) until 2007. I was at my friends house playing PC games and stumbled upon Halo. Played it once and didn't stop for another 10+ hrs when I beat the game. I have now played through it and CEA at total of at least 5 times. In my opinion the best halo story mode.

#29 Destroyaaa

Destroyaaa

Master Chief

• Trusted Members
  • 414 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Destroyaaa

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

A friend of mine down the road got it in 2002-2003 i believe. I think they got it as a christmas gift so they invited me over to play. We all became immersed in the campaign. Me my brother and my friend and his 2 brothers would constantly fight over who would get to play campaign. We got 4 controls and had a blast in multiplayer. I'll never forget when we finally got to the Maw and how many times we died trying to drive to the end. Simply unreal how good the game was for the time.
Posted Image

#30 M4sT3r Ch13f S117

M4sT3r Ch13f S117

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,084 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:AGG Optimum
  • LocationIn Cryo-Sleep. Outside a mysteries planet.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

I have not seen those Trailers for a long time

#31 ZB-85

ZB-85

The Welcomer

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,158 posts
Inspiring
  • Locationlat -64.998700 lon -60.775354 elev 69 ft.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, my dad brought us to one of his friends house and we played Halo CE for like 2 hours. At tha moment, I fell in love

tumblr_mql9hpBw9n1qj13yko1_500.gif

#32 Archangel Tyrael

Archangel Tyrael

Aspect of Justice

• Trusted Members
  • 2,374 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:iThom Soyah
  • LocationUnited States.
3       2                                          

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well, my dad bought me halo:CE i am like what is this -downloads it and got addicted- now i am here. lol. ( i think i was 12 and i am nearly 19 now)
Posted Image

#33 haloman 2

haloman 2

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 706 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Slavishdig819
  • LocationUT

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

My friend has the cea and every friday I go to his house (except for the times my mom wants him to come over but I just ask if he can bring his xbox 360 and we play all his halo games which I got him into.) We have found almost all of the skulls and we look for the terminals too. I have the original combat evolved on the pc and to this day I play it and when I go to collage I will bring it with me.

the true and only man of halo... I AM HALO MAN!

#34 haloman 2

haloman 2

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 706 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Slavishdig819
  • LocationUT

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

At that time i believe i was between 16-18. Played countless hours on it and became the "Hunter Blockaid". because each time me and a friend had to deal with a darn hunter he would hide in the corner and suck his thumb while i danced around it and brought it down. I used to love going up against 2 hunters at once since it gave me a rush. Still miss that game to no end, and i often play it on the pc when i can.

I too can take hunters down well and I know some secrets in ce where as in the anniversery a lot of them are fixed and gone but still I love the game. You and i should get online sometime

the true and only man of halo... I AM HALO MAN!

#35 ShockGazm

ShockGazm

Y Ddraig Goch

• Dedicated Members
  • 957 posts
Dedicated

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

I was 9 when I got Halo CE, I just had the game for christmas and that's really all there is to it. Best game I ever played, glad I got it.

#36 Banksy

Banksy

Drone

• Members
  • 16 posts
Liked

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Halo CE came with my Xbox, but I looked at the cover thinking "that game just looks ****ty.. " and I put the game on my shelf.

A few months went by and one of my brothers asked me what that game was all about.. the one sitting on my shelf. I told him I hadn't even opened it yet, and so we decided to give it a shot. That was at 8pm..... by the next morning we had already beaten the campaign on Legendary and were having a blast on multiplayer.

#37 fzdw11

fzdw11

The Tin Can

• Dedicated Members
  • 824 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Ruined Hope
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Junior year in highschool when I got my first experience with CE, that was in 2002. Had an AV gaming event after school, blasting the Halo sound through the PA system. Best time ever. Unfortunately I was still a PS2 fan boy at the time and hated the XBox controller, it was just too big. Didn't get an XBox until Halo 2 came out, but will always remember that first experience.
HIM86.png

#38 HaloGamer 7

HaloGamer 7

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 271 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:byMafia
  • LocationUnited states

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

I found out about halo when CE came out.. I got out the hospital after surgery one day and all I could do is lay down and I had an Xbox but not halo CE.my friend had 2 of them so he came over and gave me one..and I loved it...thats how halo found me..

#39 RelevantEagle22

RelevantEagle22

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 134 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:RelevantEagle22

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

i really dont know

oh yea idk when it came out

but i did see its picture on seven elevan

Posted Image

#40 Bighungry2x

Bighungry2x

Prophet of Regret

• Trusted Members
  • 206 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Bighungry2x
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Halo impacted my the day it came out. I loved it from the start and overtime I have collected Halo Items and eventually got 2 Halo Tattoos. Soooo yeah, Halo is my life and it has been more than just a game to me. :)
Check out my Halo Collection at: Bighungry2x's Collection (Preview of my Halo Collection below) Don't Forget To Like! :D

Follow me on twitter @Bighungry2x

Admin of Halo Collectors on Facebook, please check it out and join the rest of us! Facebook.com/HaloCollectors

I am the Designer and Content Creator of StonyProps.com. I am also building props myself! Check them out on facebook as well!

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users