Now, this map was made way back last year around July. On Halo 2 Anniversary. I liked the map, as well did others. However, with MCC's terrible stability. It didn't seem to last. Now, with Halo 5 out and the servers that beat MCC to a pulp. I decided it was time to do a map, however I decided I wanted to do a remake. Of Salient. Mainly because I never could do Scrimmage...

Here's a preview of the sketch of the map, as I've shown you all before:

AEBnxNa.jpg

Now, before I show you the make of the map and everything. Let's go over the details.

The map supports 2-8 players. Medium Sized map, Breakout oriented. Strongholds, CTF, and Slayer are all compatible on this map as well. It is symmetrical. There are also named locations throughout the map. Everywhere you go, has a callout.

Featured Weapons on the map:

4x Frag Grenades, 2x Plasma Grenade, 4x Splinter Grenades, 2x DMR (0x Spare ammo), 2x BR (1x Spare ammo), 1x Hydra Launcher, 1x Active Camouflage, 1x Flag.

However in game modes that are NOT Breakout, the following are available: 4x Frag Grenades, 2x Plasma Grenades, 4x Splinter Grenades, 2x DMR (1x Spare ammo), 2x BR (2x Spare ammo), 2 Storm Rifle, 2x Boltshot (2x Spare ammo), 1x Scattershot.

However, unlike the previous Salient. There is gadgets, terminals in fact. However they do not do anything, they are merely appearance/decoration. 

Alrighty, now that that's all clear. Let's do a map overlook of the finalized product:

Overlook

1ujayYw.jpg

Blue Yard

BVWOrtm.jpg

Red Outside

fUSjqtQ.jpg

Blue Spawn

vN8dKI3.jpg

Red Sneaky

3nO2lcS.jpg

Bunker

VhyDniM.jpg

Red Spawn/Decoy

J34cbk1.jpg

Here below is a video of me, just meandering the map. Showing you a few details I could not capture in picture. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIYtTeAYWtc

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 6

Update: Added more gametypes. It now supports CTF, Strongholds, and even Slayer. However, not FFA. (As of yet, will be later. As well as Assault has yet to be tested)

Weapons are changed from Breakout variant. However, every gametype that is NOT Breakout, holds the same weapons. Breakout has different weapons because it plays differently.

Teleporter was added on outside of map. Due to games of people falling off the man cannon from lag, it now safely teleports you back into the map so you DON'T get that suicide and lose it for the team.

Fixed camera angles, the Pelican's are now is included in the introduction. Instead of being just background scenery, it's meant to look like the deploy ship for the match start.

• Like 4

Update 3/16/16:

• Added Yellow Team and Green Team. (Slayer and Strongholds Only!)
  • Adjusted initial spawns, players can no longer thruster in the air behind the map. You hit the ground before you can withdraw your weapon or use equipment.
  • Added man cannons that shoot you up to Blue Pillar and Red pillar.
  • Red and Blue Pillars now have a cover to hide behind.
  • Opened up two holes so you can drop down into bunker, also allowing players to leave bunker.
  • Removed Hydra Launcher in Breakout
  • Changed Active Camo to Speed Boost in Breakout
  • Scattershot and Active Camo have been moved to the middle of the map. For challengers of both teams.
  • Removed wall edges that disabled clambering.
  • Added 2 new ramps.
  • Fixed the teleporter so those at match start spawns who fall to their death will now synchronize teleport when their teammates hit the ground.
  • Ramp Aesthetics in the corners of Blue and Red Outside are now usable as cover if needed.
  • Added a lot more neutral spawns, to disable spawn killing. Spawns can now be flipped.
  • Adjusted intro camera for a more appealing look.
  • Map Skybox/Theme has been changed to Ascendance to eliminate blue team from advantage.
  • Starfield "Near Fog" has been downscaled and changed to puffs, adjusted for the atmosphere.
  • Game mode now supports Assault.
  • Switches move decoys.
  • Breakout Flag goals moved to compensate for the bunker holes, they're now Outside. 

Outside:

tVvgQKO.png

Pillar:

C0ziMD1.png

Top Mid/Bunker

4uxilkf.png

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 3