(The 0 is a number and not a letter)
Map Name: Simon Say's
Gamemode: Simon Say's (Slayer FFA)
Description of the Map:
Simon Say’s is a fairly straight forward Minigame that uses a simple but effective game style. All players spawn on a coloured Dance Floor, a TV positioned to the front of the Dance Floor shows what colour the Simon (random generator) has chosen, Players must try to survive for 2 minutes or be the last person standing.
(A more complete description of every part of the map will be explained below along with pictures of the map).
Pictures of the Map:
An image of the screen once Simon has activated a colour.
(This is the only indicator of what colour Simon has chosen)
Simon Says Forum Picture (02).png 408KB 0 downloads
What the default screen looks like when Simon is yet to choose a colour.
Simon Says Forum Picture (01).png 441.35KB 0 downloads
What happens when a colour is chosen and 1 second passes.
(This is subject to change depending on the colour Simon chooses)
Simon Says Forum Picture (06).png 416.95KB 0 downloads
This overview shows off an obstacle that the players will be faced with when the game reaches 1:00.
(Just in-case you missed it, the obstacle is the black coloured blocks. That will encourage players to remember the locations of certain block colours)
Simon Says Forum Picture (03).png 304.36KB 0 downloads
The Gravity Hammer spawn location, useful for keeping the peace or causing Havoc.
Simon Says Forum Picture (07).png 517.47KB 0 downloads
When a Player Dies they are sent backstage to hang with the Sangheili DJ's.
Simon Says Forum Picture (04).png 396.6KB 0 downloads
Pocket in the Wall where players can stand if they can't reach the chosen colour.
Simon Says Forum Picture (05).png 451.07KB
Patch 1.00 | 29/12/16 - AUS | 12/29/16 - USA
Hey Everyone, haven't had an update on this map in quite sometime so lets make this worth the wait:
Map Updates -
- The Map's Aesthetic Design has been entirely re-done, it is more empty but feels more like a dance floor (This theme will be changed over the coming days to feel more open)
- The Simon (Player) has been removed from the gamemode and has been replaced with a Random Generator.
- The Period of time between blocks disappearing has been increased to 1.70 seconds instead of 1 second.
- The Gravity Hammer has been replaced with the Tartarus Gravel (Not sure if spelt correctly).
- Scripting has been simplified so it is more Efficient.
20/03/16 - AUS | 03/20/16 - USA
Hey everyone, I am very excited to give you guys the last update for this gamemode for a while as I will be working on another Original Minigame soon.
This however does not mean that I will be finishing all updates on this map as I have something very special planned for it once Infection is released ;P
So, what nonsense have you added this time? -
And that is all for now, this should be a stable enough version of the map to keep you all entertained as I work on my next Minigame.
- The Map's Aesthetic design has been updated with some new Base Geometry giving the map some theme and shape.
- Gravity Hammer has been removed from the gamemodes as a Starting Weapon, however I have added a Single Gravity Hammer that will spawn in the arena after 60 Seconds.
- Simon Platform has been risen to provide a better vantage point for the Simon and to make it difficult for players as it is now harder to see what colour Simon might choose.
- The Merging TV Glitch has been fixed.
- Better Invisible Barrier locations.
- Map Logic (Exits, Lights, Theme, etc.)
- Double Simon glitch has been fixed (again), this time a block will cover the initial spawn point once the player spawns via a pressure plate.
Remember to keep an eye out for this Minigame once Infection is released
07/03/2016 - AUS | 03/07/2016 - USA
Hey everyone, I know that this update is fairly quick but I suppose it is for the best since the map had a few little kinks with the newest Patch (0.01).
I promise future updates will be more bulk and meaningful.
So, what's been fixed -
That's about it, again I am sorry that this update is fairly tiny but this was something that needed to be fixed ASAP.
- I have fixed a double spawning Simon Glitch that would happen during FFA.
(I am fairly certain I have fixed this issue but I could be wrong as I have no one to test it with currently)
- I have started working on aesthetics to the map such as a brand new Simon Box and invisible barriers to prevent players from accessing any weird glitch locations on the map.
06/03/2016 - AUS | 03/06/2016 - USA
Hey guys, so this is Patch 0.01 for Simon Say's. I'm Very excited to bring you all this news as I have been thinking very hard on how to improve, develop and further Simon Say's as an actual Genre of Minigame.
So lets get started -
Anyways guys, that's all I have currently but this is bound to change with future updates.
- The gamemode has been changed from Strongholds to Slayer FFA to improve the scoring system to individuals as an appose to team gameplay.
(If you still wish to use the old strongholds gamemode you can and this will not affect the map overall
- All players will now be equipped with a Gravity Hammer to allow players on the field to knock other players off the coloured blocks and into the abyss. This can also be very useful if used correctly as it can provide extra height when jumping.
- This is more of a coming soon feature, but I thought I would excite you a little and let the community know that I will be adding aesthetics to the map's playing field and Simon Box. I was thinking of going with a Disco feel but any suggestions are welcome.
And that’s about it.
The Minigame is fairly simple but is a lot of fun with a group of friends.
Hope you all Enjoy!