Helioskrill Armor not unlocking after completing The legend achievement

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but wasn't it so that you needed the achievement before release?

Nope, as long as you have the MCC Achievement "Legend," you get the armor, and don't have to get it in a Req pack.

Unlocking armor that is earned from another game or place can take a few days due to updates and such. This happened all the time with Halo Reach and Halo 4 with the special armors. My suggestions to help speed that process up are:

1. Log into Xbox.com and Halowaypoint.com. This will update your profiles on each to be up to date.

2. Log in and play both MCC and Halo 5 on your Xbox. Quiting the game (using the start button on the home screen) and starting it back up also will re-sync your profile with the one on record.

3. Give it a few days. If you don't have the armor after about 10 days, go post on Halo Waypoint, 343i's official site, or send a message to the twiiter accounts of various members of 343i. Someone will notice, and if necessary, unlock it for you.