Halo: Reclaimer Trilogy 'What could Happen'

Archon

"Comes pre-loaded, plus two more in the case!" Bluesky yells over the roar of the engine. He was white-knuckled, holding on for dear life.

If the Covvies don't kill me, this guy's driving just might.

OOC: :blink: I must've been absolutely sloshed when I posted that because I have absolutely no recollection of it whatsoever. :huh:

Anyway, I don't know what's been happening with 819, but I'm willing to put forth a scenario to continue the LFF. When he reads it he can decide if he wants to keep it.

IC:

PFC Mendoza rockets through foliage, zigging and sometimes even zagging around trees and large boulders. A1C Trevelyan hugs a SPNKr to his chest as he braces himself for each maneuver. All the while Pvt. Bluesky keeps watch as he bounces on bent knees from the wild ride.

Suddenly, the trio comes to a break in the forest. Trees were snapped in half or crushed into the soil, and a large scar in the ground extended for near a quarter-mile. About halfway along was another 'Hog upside-down and partly sunken into the soft earth.

There at the end of the scar was the downed Pelican, and on the ground nearby were a few mixed units of Grunts, Jackals and Brutes.

The other team that was in the dropship, however, was not in sight.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IC:

The warthog broke through the thicket, opening to a jagged path carved through the trees. Trevelyan saw a group of Covenant searching the wreckage. He hefted the jackhammer and aimed at the closest brute. He sighted and fired. Twin blasts of fire and smoke exploded from the barrels, decimating the brute and 2 grunts in a cloud of fire. He re-loded as Mendoza plowed through them, spraying a mist of blue and purple over the windshield. A charge fired from the gauss cannon and the engagement was over.

"Where the hell is the platoon? And were'd the scorpion go?" Trevelyan asked.

A spray of bullets spat out of the chain gun and the engagement was over.

"Where the hell is the platoon? And were'd the scorpion go?" Trevelyan asked.

OOC:

Pssst. :sofa: It's a gauss cannon, not a chaingun. And the platoon was with the other downed Pelican. And on my part, a big "DAMMIT" because I forgot which Pelican Trevelyan, Bluesky and Mendoza were looking for.

So, forget the upside-down 'Hog in the crash-landing scar. It wasn't there. :mellow:

IC:

From the back of the 'Hog, Bluesky surveys the carnage. "Showed those ********, didn't we!" he shouts. There were other Covenant bodies besides the ones they had just put down. "Looks like we just got the leftovers, though."

Amidst the scattering of alien bodies and blood, Bluesky could see a couple of human bodies. "****. I got the flight crew. Looks like they might've died in the crash. Probably laid out by our boys before they…" he paused as he saw the tank's treadmarks go off into the bush, "…withdrew?" Bluesky was suddenly and obviously puzzled. "From two small Covvie units?"

Bluesky didn't know if there was any significance to the direction their tank was headed.