When's the last time you watched a machinima?

JammyTurtle

They don't seem to be the in-fashion thing nowadays, usually when a new game comes out (Halo 5 guardians this time) there's usually torrents of content made within days, but that doesn't appear to have happened this time (as far as I can tell).

Is there a different kind of player who Halo appeals to now? Or are we all just tired of the usual over-used storylines which youtube has been filled with ever since the release of Halo reach?

...that reminds me of something (I didn't come here intending to self advertise), but I did a video about a month ago which satirizes over used Halo Reach machinima cliches. I won't go into detail, but the short version of the name is AoRoAS69RECT... bet you'll never work out what that acronym is for.

You can take a gander at it if you're interested: https://youtu.be/EPA6u65lZ3o

But anyway,back to the point.

When's the last time you've seen one of these video game movies? Do you think they've become more or less common? And do you think there's any reasons for any change?

I don't know very many Halo fans to be honest so please share your thoughts...

• Like 1

I think you're overlooking the most obvious thing here, which is that right now the options for custom games are astonishingly poor, centred as they are around competitive gametypes, and without even the use of Forge to edit maps into more convenient canvases for recording. Throw in the fact that armour has to be unlocked via REQs and most people probably don't even have the stuff they'd need to make their Spartans look correct.

Plus? It's been less than two weeks since the launch of Halo 5. That really doesn't leave much in the way of time to write scripts, record scenes and dialogue, and then edit the whole thing together into something presentable.

• Like 1

I think you're overlooking the most obvious thing here, which is that right now the options for custom games are astonishingly poor, centred as they are around competitive gametypes, and without even the use of Forge to edit maps into more convenient canvases for recording. Throw in the fact that armour has to be unlocked via REQs and most people probably don't even have the stuff they'd need to make their Spartans look correct.

Plus? It's been less than two weeks since the launch of Halo 5. That really doesn't leave much in the way of time to write scripts, record scenes and dialogue, and then edit the whole thing together into something presentable.

343 could unlock all the cosmetics for people like Rooster Teeth so they can do their job. Red vs. Blue, and Halo are like a symbiotic relationship that benefits both parties, so to keep everything locked behind a wall would shatter that.

Though it's possible that RvB could be creative with what they have, and make a small arc related to how everyone's armor is either gone, or switched with "Funhouse Armor". Like the fishbowl helmet.

I know RvB isn't the only one, but I've only ever watched RvB.

Anyway, in reply to the question: I stopped watching RvB after Season 12 ended. I decided to wait until 13 was done, and 14 about to begin before going back to the show. I had watched all 12 seasons of RvB, and really enjoyed the surprising amount of positive messages despite being a show largely about situational comedy (well early on anyway before the complicated storylines).

• 2 weeks later...