Reqs= biggest arsonal in halo history.

Mastro Jeffay

With the return of the beloved Halo C.E. magnum in warzone through the use of halo 5s req system I stated thinking "what other fan favorite guns and vehicles could make a comeback?". This could be an amazing outcome if it id done right. Just imagine a whole team of revenants going in to attack the warden or Rok? sounds amazing right? That why we as a community need to give 343 the feedback to make this a possibility. So with this I want to know what all time favorite tool of destruction should be brought back (or even a vehicle that hasn't been featured in multiplayer) to make this mode even more amazing!

post-93752-0-90420000-1446599067.png

• Like 1

You do know that vehicles and weapons CAN'T be added to the game AFTER even as DLC right?  The only way it can work given the history about how Blam! handles tags and DLC data, would be map specific items.  So for instance, they would have to create and release a new set of scenarios with links to the new vehicles and weapons, or keep them specific and compiled to the new maps they are made for.

But again, who knows?  Since XB1 modding hasn't happened yet, I can't pull the map files and begin to see how the new files work at all.  But again, speaking from history with the Halo engine, I don't see it happening.

You can believe all you want.  it has nothing to do with this being a new age or whatever mythical theoretical technology reason you want to believe in.  Blam! and Halo map files are compiled with specific data.  Unless you really want to go on believe that they added a few extra slots in the vehicle and weapon palettes in the scenario files that lead to data not added yet.

Just like how new maps are added via additional slots inside the mainmenu.map file, adding vehicles and weapons would be done the same way.  To date, there has never been ANYTHING added to the game that wasn't already there, aside from new maps themselves.  343 Industries isn't likely to ever add this in.  I admit it would be a neat feature to expand the game or games in the future, but at present I don't see them taking the time to do this and take time away from planning additional games or supporting 3rd party devs in terms of additional Halo material.

Well IF it happens I think I have a few ideas on what could see the light of day...

Fist Of Rukt:

Taratarus' personal Gravity Hammer used in Halo 2.

Scarab's Eye:

Scarab Gun from Halo 2.

M319:

Reach Grenade Launcher.

Pitchfork:

Brute Plasma Rifle.

Edited by Self Destruct

Just like how new maps are added via additional slots inside the mainmenu.map file, adding vehicles and weapons would be done the same way.  To date, there has never been ANYTHING added to the game that wasn't already there, aside from new maps themselves.

What about the extra armour from the Champions' Bundle in Halo 4? That added four completely new armours including the Mark V, ODST, Prefect and Ricochet, and while those couldn't be used in Spartan Ops, they were available on base and previously-released DLC multiplayer maps.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see what other games has to do with Halo.  I never said other engine's and other franchises can't add new things to a game.  The engine layout and development pipeline for more powerful and much better architecture there of, allow many games to add content.  Halo is NOT one of them.

I could write a novel on how the engine works and showcase thousands of evident proof, but it wouldn't be enough to show people how it can't be done, at least with the last version of Blam! that was used with Halo 4.   As I have said before, we don't know how the newest engine works.  It could have been reworked to allow one form of it, but all other engine version previous to 5 have not been able to do it.  Again, unless XB1 modding takes off and we finally obtain a way of looking at the map files, I cannot and will not say it 100% impossible with engines after Halo 4's.

I will not do your research for you.  You can cry about wanting proof all you want, but in the end you are the one with the burden of proving something.  Name one item that was added to a Halo game post release that wasn't a map item, or an already present item in the game data that simply unlocked.  Can't name one?  Yeah, that's cause it can't and wasn't possible to do.

Edited by Twinreaper
  • Like 1