What's the point of pre-loading?

Jack Burton LSG

If you pre-load a game to 100% but are unable to play it upon launch, what's the point? It just sat there with a blank screen and a loading icon. I don't blame 343i 100%, Microsoft's Xbox One software has been less than stellar but this is beyond frustrating when you have to re-install a massive game like this because of an installation/launch glitch.

I paid $60 to be able to play this thing at midnight on launch. You (343i) just cured me of digital downloads. When money is being exchanged for goods or services, things need to work correctly. Plain and simple, no excuses. Long time Halo/Xbox fan here that is anything but happy with this launch. Hopefully the game will actually start this time around, it'd be nice to play the game I purchased rather than just look at it.

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles, but we're not the one's behind it as we're not 343i. Just a fan forum.

I saw some reports about digital owners had quite some trouble playing at midnight, quite possible since a ton of people hit the servers at once.