OFFICIAL HALO 5 MYTHIC SLASO DIFFICULTY GUIDE

michaelwsmith

Hey folks!
What is Mythic Difficulty?
The Halo 5 skull set is exactly the same as in Halo 3 it is an appropriate connection. It has been released that in Halo 5 each level will have a skull or skulls that must be discovered in order to be activated just as in Halo 3. It is these skulls that are the essence of what this thread is about.
Halo 5: Guardians will have a total of 13 skulls which are the same ones from H3.
The past few Halo titles have opted out of having findable skulls but it seems 343 Industries is going back to the tradition in H3 by having us find them before we can use them again.
I am excited to see skull collecting return in the Halo 5: Guardians campaign!!
Here’s a full list of H5Skulls:

• Iron Skull - Solo restart mission on death
  • Black Eye Skull - Shields dont recharge unless you melee an enemy
  • Tough Luck Skull - Enemies always go berserk, always dive out of the way, never flee
  • Catch Skull - Enemies are grenade happy
  • Fog Skull - Motion sensor is disabled
  • Famine Skull - Weapons drop much less ammo
  • Thunderstorm Skull - Major upgrade to the capabilities of enemies
  • IWHBYD Skull - Rare combat dialogue becomes more common
  • Grunt Birthday Party Skull - Headshot a grunt - HAPPY BOOM TIME!
  • Cowbell Skull - Acceleration from explosions increased
  • Blind Skull - The HUD and the first person arms and weapon are hidden
  • Mythic Skull - Enemies have increased health

The name MYTHIC derives from the Heroic, Legendary, and Mythic ranks of the Bungie forums and the old Halo 3 map packs.
Mythic, however, was the only "rank" to never become an official difficulty. Since it is deemed to be the highest, the hardest mode the game has to offer needed to earn its title. Thus, Mythic was formed.More specifically, Mythic Difficulty refers to playing the game on Legendary with all skulls activated. We like to refer to this as SSLASO to incorporate both single player and co-op modes. No, that extra "S" wasn't a typo. Unlike simple SLASO (Solo Legendary All Skulls On), SSLASO stands for "Single-Segment Legendary All Skulls On", meaning the player must make it through each mission individually on Legendary with all skulls on, from start to finish, in one go. No deaths. No saves. No reverting to the previous checkpoint in co-op mode. This is a challenge to be feared.As such, this thread will serve as the main hub for Halo 5 & Waypoint enthusiasts to visit for all their Halo 5 Mythic campaign needs.
Hopefully serious enthusiasts will post video guides for each mission where the skulls are located and even Mythic tactics and strategies here as they become available.
I look forward to embarking on this journey with all of you. Godspeed, and as always, I'll see you on the battlefield!

*MAJOR UPDATE!
Halo 5 on the Xbox One will only allow for 5 minute clips but hopefully there will be a proper stats system. I plan to publish a list of Mythic Conquerors in the OP . However, as individuals conquer individual missions on Mythic here is the place that those Spartans can showcase their achievements. Now, I know this could be the subject of controversy and even stir up the occasional spats of war down the road, but...I believe these folks deserve to be recognized for all of their hard work, and it isn't their fault even if we don't have the usual tools at our disposal for average verification. The reason I'm doing this is so that folks have videos to reference for their own attempts. Generally folks that attempt conquering Halo 5 at this level will have a YouTube playlists featuring their Mythic / SLASO runs.
Unfortunately, this DOES mean that in order to be eligible for "The List", a capture card and a YouTube account is required. Furthermore, if you are a relatively unknown person existing outside of the Mythic Community, it will be that much more difficult for you to be verified and your accomplishments known.In the end, however, I believe the benefits of this will far outweigh the issues. At least for now. So, we all should tip our hats to the conquerors as they emerge and I hope you enjoy their stardom.
Here is a list of known Mythic runners who have proven runs have conquered Halo on Mythic.
Halo 4 Mythic Conquerors
1) AuraSoldier313
2) MichaelWSmith
3) Ultimate RC
4) Old n Achy
5) I The Tyrant I
6) Swartzenegger
7) Legendary smile
Thank you all you've done for our community :)
Best Regards,
Michael W Smith

• Like 3

If I can just quickly throw this out there - so far as I understand it, if you stream to Twitch, it automatically stores streams as VODs for a little while afterward, meaning if you can get access to a computer you should be able to transfer any successful runs to YouTube that way. If anyone who's familiar with Twitch would like to weigh in here, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

And from all the staff here at 343industries.org, we wish the very best of luck to everyone attempting a Mythic run of Halo 5!

• Like 2

If I can just quickly throw this out there - so far as I understand it, if you stream to Twitch, it automatically stores streams as VODs for a little while afterward, meaning if you can get access to a computer you should be able to transfer any successful runs to YouTube that way. If anyone who's familiar with Twitch would like to weigh in here, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

And from all the staff here at 343industries.org, we wish the very best of luck to everyone attempting a Mythic run of Halo 5!

Does that mean I could record and upload a Halo MCC playthrough without a capture card?

Does that mean I could record and upload a Halo MCC playthrough without a capture card?

As far as I know, yes. Twitch streaming is integrated into the Xbox One, so provided you get a copy of the VoD before it expires (or have it set to interact with YouTube) you shouldn't need any special hardware.

• Like 1

As far as I know, yes. Twitch streaming is integrated into the Xbox One, so provided you get a copy of the VoD before it expires (or have it set to interact with YouTube) you shouldn't need any special hardware.

An alternative would be to stream your Xbox One to your PC, and have your PC run recording software there (I believe the PC Xbox Smartglass app already has one integrated. If not, well, tell Cortana to run it for you.)

____

Playing on Mythic, SSLASO, or even Legendary (343 has stated time and again that they've bumped up the difficulty to compensate for having 4 Spartans at any given moment.) in Halo 5, it is probably going to require some really good use of the control your fireteam mechanics. And I'm sure speedrunners will have exploring all the alternative pathways to find the best ones to blast through.

• 3 weeks later...