Halo: The Fall of Reach Animated Series Discussion

Drizzy_Dan

So 343 released the official trailer for it finally and I gotta say, the animation is wayy better than I expected. I love the dedication they've put into everything so far. Notice the original Blue Team there with SAMUEL, you even hear his voice! 343 did decide to change some things and add things in that were just simply not possible before in the Bungie era because of technical advances or really the lack thereof. Please watch though and tell me if it's what you expected.

• Like 1

I just read this book and it's amazing to see the things visualized. Of course you set the scenario in your head while reading, but this is so much better.

If anyone has the book I'd recommend reading through it again. If you don't have the book, get it!

• Like 1

I was pleasantly surprised by the animation and that that 343 kept to most of the established lore.

Like how they gave Chief a Mark IV helmet instead of a Mark VI helmet like I thought they would. :)

I will definitely be watching this on youtube when it comes out.

Why would they not give the proper helm?

Probably THE novel to read if you're going to read any of the Halo novels. The animation of the series should be true to the story from what we've seen in the trailer but a lot of people are complaining about the armor sets and weapon models.

It is my understanding that the weapon model numbers are identical to those used during the events of TFoR and if someone could provide a source that contradicts that go ahead but we know how well 343i has been with maintaining lore I do not think they would make an oversight mistake like that, and if they did oh well it doesn't matter or bother me. 

Because they have not done is a few instances in the past such as the Halo 4 opening cinematic where the Spartans wore Mark VI armour long before it ever came out. :)

343i did say that was due to time constraints yet Elites used the Plasma Rifle (that someone had to model) rather than a storm rifle, and don't forget the Brute Chieftan. Because of that everything else about that scene felt really tacked on.

They are mostly using time-appropriate gear, but the grunts, jackals, and likely elites are all Halo 4 era and I think the weapons are as well, which all sucks. It feels like half-343 half-Bungie and that makes it seem really poorly pieced.