It's That Time of the Year! BCAM is Here!

Drizzy_Dan

My girlfriend's sister has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and has a double mastectomy scheduled for next week. My girlie's going home for a couple of weeks to support & take care of her after the surgery. We never saw this coming, and it has only added stress on top of an already stressful situation; But needless to say, as soon as I get the chance, I'll be donating.

I don't urge, but I plead for others to consider the same. There's no warning, it'll just blindside you.

im definitly doing this

my mom never had breast cancer but she did get a lump on her breast 6 years ago and got it taken off before it showed any danger but it is still possible for her to get it on her other breast so i know how the worry feels

im definitly going to donate

So, after some consideration (and a little heart-felt communication with my girlie) I've made a donation (anonymous, and I won't disclose the amount) to the cause and would love for others to do so as well.

Cancer not only affects the lives of the victims, but the victim's family, loved ones and friends. My dad's had cancer, and he only recently came out of remission and has had to continue his fight; My girlfriend's sister is just beginning her fight and I am heartbroken that I can do nothing about it other than make a donation. Again, I don't wish to urge or guilt-trip others into donating, but I plead for it.

Edited by Azaxx
Awarded
  • Like 7

my grandfather died from cancer as well as great grandfather 2 years later, and then my great grandmother 5 years later. i barely got to know any of them and have very little memories of the three

of course i was too young to understand (like 3-5) and couldnt donate way back then or give support

so i donated yesterdat but i also urge people to do the same

Edited by Azaxx
Awarded

• 2 weeks later...