Halo 5 Trailer Discussion Thread!

VinWarrior

So first thing that came to mind is just that ONI and the UNSC are trying to wrangle together some more troops. (Against insurrectionists maybe?)

Just some things I noticed. 

1. Chiefs helmet isn't cracked

2. ONI was recording the footage of a very fake looking chief being "killed"

3. That Guardian or whatever it was just took out an entire town

4. Chiefs reputation is still good, the people were sad he died so this is before Hunt the Truth??? Or at least after Ben is taken and people start liking chief again.

5. They are holding back the complete account on how he died, why? Because he didn't.

6. His "death date" is also the same date of the games release.

7.There is some sort of huge structure near a Halo ring, UNSC made as well.

gallery_28468_417_127287.png

• Like 1

So first thing that came to mind is just that ONI and the UNSC are trying to wrangle together some more troops. (Against insurrectionists maybe?)

Just some things I noticed.

1. Chiefs helmet isn't cracked

Why would it be?

2. ONI was recording the footage of a very fake looking chief being "killed"

It's the same armour used in All Hail/ whatever the other one was. And they CG'd the helmet- I wouldn't read too much into this.

3. That Guardian or whatever it was just took out an entire town

Forerunner infantry could level entire continents. This is pretty weaksauce, to be honest.

4. Chiefs reputation is still good, the people were sad he died so this is before Hunt the Truth??? Or at least after Ben is taken and people start liking chief again.

More than likely after.

5. They are holding back the complete account on how he died, why? Because he didn't.

Because it's a news program and news program's don't like saying the precise details.

6. His "death date" is also the same date of the games release.

Nothing special here. Halo 5 takes place in October.

7.There is some sort of huge structure near a Halo ring, UNSC made as well.

UNSC has found Installations 00, 03, 05 and 07 with bases around each. Nothing particularly surprising here.

• Like 1

Why would it be?

Because he has a cracked visor now adays. :)

Forerunner infantry could level entire continents. This is pretty weaksauce, to be honest.

Never said it was crazy strong, just said that whatever it was just leveled the city and could very well be a guardian.

:)

Because it's a news program and news program's don't like saying the precise details.

It wasn't a news program, it was directly from the UNSC. :)

Nothing special here. Halo 5 takes place in October.

That's the thing though, Halo 5 happens more than in just October, Second, the thing I'm pointing out is his death date is the same release of the game. :)

UNSC has found Installations 00, 03, 05 and 07 with bases around each. Nothing particularly surprising here.

Okay, but what is that structure? Is it a weapon? Is it a base? This could be important to Halo 5. :)

DRIZZY I NEED THAT IMMUNITY NOW

Because he has a cracked visor now adays. :)

Since when? That one trailer that was made for E3 '13? Because the words 'subject to change one to mind.

Never said it was crazy strong, just said that whatever it was just leveled the city and could very well be a guardian.

:)

We pretty much know there's guardians on meridian.

It wasn't a news program, it was directly from the UNSC. :)

News program, PSA, same deal. They don't give out the gory details.

That's the thing though, Halo 5 happens more than in just October, Second, the thing I'm pointing out is his death date is the same release of the game. :)

I'm just failing to understand why it's relevant. Many games set their stories on the game's release.

Okay, but what is that structure? Is it a weapon? Is it a base? This could be important to Halo 5. :)

Research base.

Edited by BaconShelf

I'm just failing to understand why it's relevant. Many games set their stories on the game's release.

AGAIN I'm just pointing things out. Not saying it's game changing but  it's still worth pointing out. Understand now?

Also there has been at least 3 trailers were he has had a cracked visor.

AGAIN I'm just pointing things out. Not saying it's game changing but it's still worth pointing out. Understand now?

Also there has been at least 3 trailers were he has had a cracked visor.

E3 '13 was made mid-development when the guardian design wasn't final yet. All Hail/ The Cost aren't canon events - how could they be? They don't make any sense given the context of each other.

The only time his visor has been damaged in such a way was Escalation #10, and he's upgraded to GEN2 since then.

Plus, he is warned about Meridian before he goes AWOL, while on Argent Moon. Conclusion? He is declared AWOL after Meridian and the UNSC is covering their arses now they can't find him. And I also redact my prior statement about this being after Hunt the Truth.

E3 '13 was made mid-development when the guardian design wasn't final yet. All Hail/ The Cost aren't canon events - how could they be? They don't make any sense given the context of each other.

The only time his visor has been damaged in such a way was Escalation #10, and he's upgraded to GEN2 since then.

Plus, he is warned about Meridian before he goes AWOL, while on Argent Moon. Conclusion? He is declared AWOL after Meridian and the UNSC is covering their arses now they can't find him. And I also redact my prior statement about this being after Hunt the Truth.

You're 150% incorrect here, in many trailers and screens Chief is shown with a cracked visor, likely caused by his tussle with Locke (also shown).

• Like 1

Disappointing, I don't like ONI's decisions here.

I would like to mention that a member from the comments section of the footage on YouTube noticed something small, but clever and almost disturbing. When the kid is holding the figure, it's not one of Spartan-117. It is a Spartan-IV in recriuit armour, modified (most likely by the kid) to look like Master Chief Petty Officer John-117. This just shows us how badly ONI want the public to forget anything they know about Spartan-IIs, and have the IVs as their new heroes. The Spartan-IVs make good soldiers, but that's not why ONI want them to be idolised. ONI fear people questioning the past of the Spartan-IIs, and more so fear how people may react if they discover the Spartan-IIs (John) are being 'put out of business'. They want humanity to move onto the Spartan-IVs, and forget about the IIs. This was a clever form of symbolism from the footage that reveals to us what kind of game ONI are playing, starting with trying to win over the younger generation.

They clearly are attempting to get more people to enlist, but are doing so with lies.

• Like 2

Disappointing, I don't like ONI's decisions here.

I would like to mention that a member from the comments section of the footage on YouTube noticed something small, but clever and almost disturbing. When the kid is holding the figure, it's not one of Spartan-117. It is a Spartan-IV in recriuit armour, modified (most likely by the kid) to look like Master Chief Petty Officer John-117. This just shows us how badly ONI want the public to forget anything they know about Spartan-IIs, and have the IVs as their new heroes. The Spartan-IVs make good soldiers, but that's not why ONI want them to be idolised. ONI fear people questioning the past of the Spartan-IIs, and more so fear how people may react if they discover the Spartan-IIs (John) are being 'put out of business'. They want humanity to move onto the Spartan-IVs, and forget about the IIs. This was a clever form of symbolism from the footage that reveals to us what kind of game ONI are playing, starting with trying to win over the younger generation.

They clearly are attempting to get more people to enlist, but are doing so with lies.

It just seems odd as to why the UNSC would come out with that.

I mean he's a Galaxy famous hero, all other Spartans are mia but the most legendary Spartan of all gets his death announced on tv.... that does not make any sense.

Anyway as for the detail that was noticed, its very interesting. :)

You're 150% incorrect here, in many trailers and screens Chief is shown with a cracked visor, likely caused by his tussle with Locke (also shown).

He isnt talking about the amount of times his visor has appeared crack(which I believe is only the E3 2013 trailer if I recall which isnt regarded as canon because ya know trailers aren't normally regarded as canon unless stated or hinted otherwise ) he is talking that the #HuntTheTruth trailers are not canon. Which is correct. 

He isnt talking about the amount of times his visor has appeared crack(which I believe is only the E3 2013 trailer if I recall which isnt regarded as canon because ya know trailers aren't normally regarded as canon unless stated or hinted otherwise ) he is talking that the #HuntTheTruth trailers are not canon. Which is correct.

I'm not saying the HtT trailers are canonical, he (and you) clearly stated that Chief had only had a cracked visor in the E3 2013 trailer, which is totally incorrect. It'd take being half blind to not notice Chief having a cracked visor in 99% of trailers at some point. It's almost confirmed Locke broke his visor.

It'd take a simple search on r/Halo to find dozens of images of Chief with his visor smashed, long after E3 2013. I'd attach one or two here, but iPad is awful.

It just seems odd as to why the UNSC would come out with that.

I mean he's a Galaxy famous hero, all other Spartans are mia but the most legendary Spartan of all gets his death announced on tv.... that does not make any sense.

Anyway as for the detail that was noticed, its very interesting. :)

It make perfect sense. He was the most known Spartan-II, especially during the Battle of Earth. The other IIs are barely known. The fact that he is "the most legendary Spartan of all" makes his 'death' an even bigger deal. It'll get more people wanting to enlist, and support the war effort. After the public find out that the Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 has 'died', many will want to avenge his death and fight to end any threat to humanity. The footage makes this obvious. ONI are coming up with propaganda to gain a bigger military strength, just like humanity has been doing for a while.

Someone dun goofed.

tumblr_nvg4r2kO901uokpa1o1_1280.png

What year is the trailer set? For everyone to believe that Chief 'died' two years after he 'actually did', that is a pretty big mistake. Is Commander Sullivan aware of John's death being faked?

Edited by UNSC Spartan II

I'm not saying the HtT trailers are canonical, he (and you) clearly stated that Chief had only had a cracked visor in the E3 2013 trailer, which is totally incorrect. It'd take being half blind to not notice Chief having a cracked visor in 99% of trailers at some point. It's almost confirmed Locke broke his visor.

It'd take a simple search on r/Halo to find dozens of images of Chief with his visor smashed, long after E3 2013. I'd attach one or two here, but iPad is awful.

Rather then just telling me that he had a cracked visor 99% of the time why not just show me and provide sources when you get the chance?

It make perfect sense. He was the most known Spartan-II, especially during the Battle of Earth. The other IIs are barely known. The fact that he is "the most legendary Spartan of all" makes his 'death' an even bigger deal. It'll get more people wanting to enlist, and support the war effort. After the public find out that the Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 has 'died', many will want to avenge his death and fight to end any threat to humanity. The footage makes this obvious. ONI are coming up with propaganda to gain a bigger military strength, just like humanity has been doing for a while.

What year is the trailer set? For everyone to believe that Chief 'died' two years after he 'actually did', that is a pretty big mistake. Is Commander Sullivan aware of John's death being faked?

But wasn't the point of keeping the Spartan II's mia to avoid morale from skyrocketing downwards? :)

But wasn't the point of keeping the Spartan II's mia to avoid morale from skyrocketing downwards? :)

Hearing that a Spartan was 'killed', is a massive deal. If a marine hears that, they'll lose a lot of hope. So would civilians. It was never even revealed to the public when a Spartan-II went MIA. If a Spartan-II is listed as KIA, then what chance would a marine have? People need the confidence, a reduction in morale would affect combat efficiency.