Halo 5: Blue Team opening cinematic!

Caboose The Ace

If you all remember a Fireteam Osiris opening cinematic came out a few weeks back.....

Now the Blue Team cinematic has been revealed, showing Blue Team kicking some serious Storm Covie butt without even really trying! :)

So go ahead and watch it in all its awesomeness. https://youtu.be/z0bYEToC0zA

• Like 6

And this is why Fireteam Osiris are going to be more bearable (if Buck leaves then they're brilliant). They seemed too lifeless to me during that.....

You kidding me? That slow little thumb drag across the back of the chip slot just about had me in tears. It's interesting to see just how different the tone is between Blue and Osiris though, and I hope that comes across during the gameplay.

• Like 1

You kidding me? That slow little thumb drag across the back of the chip slot just about had me in tears. It's interesting to see just how different the tone is between Blue and Osiris though, and I hope that comes across during the gameplay.

Call me strange, emo or whatever but you actually felt something? This lovey dovey weirdness is just disturbing. I can understand how he is attached to Cortana but it's gone beyond understandable. He's functioned years without it.

• Like 1

^Lovey Dovey weirdness would be more like Putting the Pelican on Auto-Pilot, taking off his helmet, walking into the back and throwing himself into Linda's lap crying hysterically saying "I miss my Waifu". The thumb rub was about as subtle as we're getting, and it's a good level of it. Any moaning and crying probably won't last long with him seeing visions of her anyway, giving him hope like Halo 3.

Need game, wahnt game now.

• Like 2

I do love te contrast between te efficient andechanical SPARTAN-II's and the more show-off style of the SPARTAN-IVs.

Also, the reference to Escalation #10

"He's fine, Fred"

"Yeah, well this many missions in a row isn't fun."

Had me excited. Also te Sangheili referring to the Unggoy by their proper name is a nice touch.

Call me strange, emo or whatever but you actually felt something? This lovey dovey weirdness is just disturbing. I can understand how he is attached to Cortana but it's gone beyond understandable. He's functioned years without it.

Because Bungie were **** at writing characters who weren't one personality stereotypes. This version of John is much more accurate to every non-game incarnation while still showing the obvious signs of PTSD you'd probably get from the kind of experience any SPARTAN-II or SPARTAN-III goes through.

God forgive that after being abucyed and placed into militry trainibg at the age of six, watching literal tens of billions of people die after doing everything you can to save them, losing literally all of his only friends and family on Reach, then having the pressure of oh, y'know, the lives of an entire ******* galaxy resting on his shoulders (more than once, I might add) before finally losing his best friend and losing his fight to something he could not hope to stop. God forgive that maybe that kind of stress begins to wear on someone a bit.

If you're criticising John for showing some kind of actual emotion, then you're missing the entire point of the Reclaimer Saga.

• Like 1

I do love te contrast between te efficient andechanical SPARTAN-II's and the more show-off style of the SPARTAN-IVs.

Also, the reference to Escalation #10

Had me excited. Also te Sangheili referring to the Unggoy by their proper name is a nice touch.

Because Bungie were **** at writing characters who weren't one personality stereotypes. This version of John is much more accurate to every non-game incarnation while still showing the obvious signs of PTSD you'd probably get from the kind of experience any SPARTAN-II or SPARTAN-III goes through.

God forgive that after being abucyed and placed into militry trainibg at the age of six, watching literal tens of billions of people die after doing everything you can to save them, losing literally all of his only friends and family on Reach, then having the pressure of oh, y'know, the lives of an entire ******* galaxy resting on his shoulders (more than once, I might add) before finally losing his best friend and losing his fight to something he could not hope to stop. God forgive that maybe that kind of stress begins to wear on someone a bit.

If you're criticising John for showing some kind of actual emotion, then you're missing the entire point of the Reclaimer Saga.

No, I'm simply saying that this love for Cortana he has is going to get disturbing to the point of *cough* uniting everyone *cough* in a ridiculous way that will just make me give up with it.

• Like 1

Maybe not quite as impressive or entertaining as the Osiris cinematic, but it was cool nonetheless. Shows the Blue Team dynamic at least. And you gotta give them credit: they killed 3 Elites without even attacking them.

I actually enjoyed it much more than the Osiris thing.

Mainly because it made sense, it wasn't dumb or over the top either and that was fine. :)

I also found it more entertaining and not just because watching the Osiris cinematic makes me want to throw up. It was because it showed the team interacting with each other realistically and how actual soldiers would.

Spartan IV's for me are too unprofessional and rash and that really gets under my skin.

I actually enjoyed it much more than the Osiris thing.

Mainly because it made sense, it wasn't dumb or over the top either and that was fine. :)

I also found it more entertaining and not just because watching the Osiris cinematic makes me want to throw up. It was because it showed the team interacting with each other realistically and how actual soldiers would.

Spartan IV's for me are too unprofessional and rash and that really gets under my skin.

The Osiris cinematic made perfect sense and can be replicated in gameplay with enough skilled and quick use of the Spartan abilities. There was nothing whatsoever about it that was dumb.

Also, I know several real soldiers. Osiris' interactions are much closer to how real soldiers act. Spartan-IV's other than Osiris have shown behavior closer to average highschool freshmen, but Osiris seems on point.

Blue Team's interactions are quite different from real soldiers, but at the same time are just as believable because of their different experiences from real soldiers. They were kidnapped together, trained together from the age of six, fought together for years. Naturally this will produce a different dynamic from people who enlisted after the age of 18 and were placed together for missions afterward.

• Like 1

^

Pulling a Grunt off a ghost? Smashing through rocks? Shooting one handed while avoiding a sword swing at the same time?

Wolno, that isn't possible. The Osiris stuff was just over the top and their performance is something I think Spartan II's could get away with. But Spartan IV's? Eh I doubt it.

Its not like Osiris is made up entirely of battle hardened combat vets that have been fighting since Harvest or before like Blue Team. :)

After seeing this, I've almost never been prouder. Too bad there was no combat. Osiris' cinematic looked good, up until they dropped and engaged in combat. It was unrealistic, not too far, but still definitely wrong. Osiris have been 'over-hyped' in their opening, which is a shame considering how well things were looking prior to engaging in combat. Some combat was perfectly fine to be honest.

Just one thing, why does Kelly sound British? Was Spartan-087 originally from English descent? We get no insight of this from the books (as far as I'm aware). Otherwise, I'm actually happy with what 343 have done here.

Also something interested I'm sure you all noticed, both sides are co-operating with the UNSC Infinity. I like this, kind of drives away from the whole 'rogue' .

Nice find Caboose.

Also, I know several real soldiers. Osiris' interactions are much closer to how real soldiers act.

Soldiers from different nations often act differently. Some nations have a more disciplined military than others, and soldiers aren't the same everywhere. Osiris are more casual compared to Blue Team, this is most likely why you posted the statement above.

• Like 1

After seeing this, I've almost never been prouder. Too bad there was no combat. Osiris' cinematic looked good, up until they dropped and engaged in combat. It was unrealistic, not too far, but still definitely wrong. Osiris have been 'over-hyped' in their opening, which is a shame considering how well things were looking prior to engaging in combat. Some combat was perfectly fine to be honest.

Just one thing, why does Kelly sound British? Was Spartan-087 originally from English descent? We get no insight of this from the books (as far as I'm aware). Otherwise, I'm actually happy with what 343 have done here.

Also something interested I'm sure you all noticed, both sides are co-operating with the UNSC Infinity. I like this, kind of drives away from the whole 'rogue' .

Nice find Caboose.

Soldiers from different nations often act differently. Some nations have a more disciplined military than others, and soldiers aren't the same everywhere. Osiris are more casual compared to Blue Team, this is most likely why you posted the statement above.

Why not? I never got why a space empire spans over 800 planets and all of the soldiers sound American (aside from that one Mexican guy who's in every freakin level of Halo 2) Really kills the immersion for me when everyone sounds the same.

Accent and location they were taken from was never even mentioned in Fall of Reach. They've got free reign to create those things.

Why not? I never got why a space empire spans over 800 planets and all of the soldiers sound American (aside from that one Mexican guy who's in every freakin level of Halo 2) Really kills the immersion for me when everyone sounds the same.

Accent and location they were taken from was never even mentioned in Fall of Reach. They've got free reign to create those things.

I'm not asking as if against it, I am curious for confirmation. We can read on a Halo Wiki about a Spartan, and may receive information as to where their origin stems from. For example, Fhajad-084 'may be of Arab or Indian descent'. The wiki uses name and physical characteristics to determine these most likely true assumptions. I'd assume Kelly to have European or American heritage, although there's no clear way of telling besides the voice received in this cinematic. Although voices can be inaccurate when judging where a person originates from due to them adapting to another accent, Kelly clearly maintains an English accent. She must have kept it after abduction and training at age six. What do you think?

I'm not asking as if against it, I am curious for confirmation. We can read on a Halo Wiki about a Spartan, and may receive information as to where their origin stems from. For example, Fhajad-084 'may be of Arab or Indian descent'. The wiki uses name and physical characteristics to determine these most likely true assumptions. I'd assume Kelly to have European or American heritage, although there's no clear way of telling besides the voice received in this cinematic. Although voices can be inaccurate when judging where a person originates from due to them adapting to another accent, Kelly clearly maintains an English accent. She must have kept it after abduction and training at age six. What do you think?

I think they needed to differentiate the characters from voice alone.

Jorge was born on Reach and kept a hungarian accent. Randall kept his Yorkshire accent. It's pretty clear it's not something that's really considered that much, not that I'm complaining. 

Plus, I'm from yorkshire so I have bias towards british accents.

Her voice actor is irish though

I think they needed to differentiate the characters from voice alone.

Jorge was born on Reach and kept a hungarian accent. Randall kept his Yorkshire accent. It's pretty clear it's not something that's really considered that much, not that I'm complaining. 

Plus, I'm from yorkshire so I have bias towards british accents.

Her voice actor is irish though

Spartan-052 sounded British to me, although I'm aware he speaks Hungarian. Must be how he picked up English when learning it. There isn't much to differentiate the characters with besides voice, appearance (rarely shown), and skills. I guess it doesn't need much consideration, I only want 343 not to mix things up and have different voices for the same soldier. Spartan-087's voice in FuD isn't that far from the one in the Opening Cinematic, and it makes sense that there's a noticeable considering there is a big time period between both years.

Spartan-052 sounded British to me, although I'm aware he speaks Hungarian. Must be how he picked up English when learning it. There isn't much to differentiate the characters with besides voice, appearance (rarely shown), and skills. I guess it doesn't need much consideration, I only want 343 not to mix things up and have different voices for the same soldier. Spartan-087's voice in FuD isn't that far from the one in the Opening Cinematic, and it makes sense that there's a noticeable considering there is a big time period between both years.

Jorge most certainly waning British.

Jorge most certainly wasn'tBritish.

^

Pulling a Grunt off a ghost? Smashing through rocks? Shooting one handed while avoiding a sword swing at the same time?

Wolno, that isn't possible. The Osiris stuff was just over the top and their performance is something I think Spartan II's could get away with. But Spartan IV's? Eh I doubt it.

Its not like Osiris is made up entirely of battle hardened combat vets that have been fighting since Harvest or before like Blue Team. :)

Pulling a Grunt off a ghost has been possible since Halo 2, and smashing through rocks was literally demonstrated twice in the Osiris gameplay video. Shooting while avoiding a sword swing is also possible, again ever since Halo 2. (I've done it. It's risky and I never do it unless it's the only option, but it's doable.)

The fact that it was one handed is just an animation difference, but the essence of what was done can be done in gameplay, and nearly as fast as the cinematic showed if not just as fast.

Osiris is indeed made up entirely of battle hardened combat vets. Maybe not from that far back, but they know what they're doing and they're clearly the most skilled Spartan-IV's in existence. With the assistance provided by their top of the line suits, they can do things no other IV's can. You don't pick just any team to hunt down the Master Chief.

Blue Team's style in their cinematic is less over the top, it seems, but they could pull off the moves Osiris did just as well if not better. Of that, I have no doubt. It's not that the II's suck, Caboose. It's that the IV's have the potential to be good as well.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pulling a Grunt off a ghost has been possible since Halo 2, and smashing through rocks was literally demonstrated twice in the Osiris gameplay video. Shooting while avoiding a sword swing is also possible, again ever since Halo 2. (I've done it. It's risky and I never do it unless it's the only option, but it's doable.)

The fact that it was one handed is just an animation difference, but the essence of what was done can be done in gameplay, and nearly as fast as the cinematic showed if not just as fast.

Osiris is indeed made up entirely of battle hardened combat vets. Maybe not from that far back, but they know what they're doing and they're clearly the most skilled Spartan-IV's in existence. With the assistance provided by their top of the line suits, they can do things no other IV's can. You don't pick just any team to hunt down the Master Chief.

Blue Team's style in their cinematic is less over the top, it seems, but they could pull off the moves Osiris did just as well if not better. Of that, I have no doubt. It's not that the II's suck, Caboose. It's that the IV's have the potential to be good as well.

I have no doubt Osiris is skilled but it does not quite add up to over 40 years of combat experience Spartan II's have had. :)

Its just not a fair comparison and I get the feeling Osiris mission is to find the Master Chief and Blue Team, and then relay that back to ONI.

Not to actually engage them until more UNSC forces arrive to help.

Because Osiris does not stand a chance against Blue Team.

I have no doubt Osiris is skilled but it does not quite add up to over 40 years of combat experience Spartan II's have had. :)

Its just not a fair comparison and I get the feeling Osiris mission is to find the Master Chief and Blue Team, and then relay that back to ONI.

Not to actually engage them until more UNSC forces arrive to help.

Because Osiris does not stand a chance against Blue Team.

The II's can't have had over 40 years of combat experience because that comes close to their chronological age, which is significantly reduced by cryo.

Osiris is definitely not going to find them without engaging. The trailers and story material released so far have made that quite clear. I rather think they do stand a chance. If Blue Team is superior to Osiris to the point that they could actually curbstomp them with barely a fight, a single member would be able to take on dozens of Covenant in a big open area, with vehicles against them, while hardly taking a scratch to the shields and while leaving literally no survivors.

And as we all know, there isn't any one Spartan who could do that.

The II's can't have had over 40 years of combat experience because that comes close to their chronological age, which is significantly reduced by cryo.

Osiris is definitely not going to find them without engaging. The trailers and story material released so far have made that quite clear. I rather think they do stand a chance. If Blue Team is superior to Osiris to the point that they could actually curbstomp them with barely a fight, a single member would be able to take on dozens of Covenant in a big open area, with vehicles against them, while hardly taking a scratch to the shields and while leaving literally no survivors.

And as we all know, there isn't any one Spartan who could do that.

As you said in another thread, it was a chaotic battle already so no wonder they could do that, now if it was just Osiris versus all that with no chaos already, Osiris would have a much harder job. :)

Blue Team were kidnapped and began training at six? So can Osiris boast that, no?

Many Spartan IV's are not recruited for their combat skills but for other skills, such in the case of Vale. She has an amazing understand of technology and language. She is also skilled at combat but her understand of technology was the primary reason she was recruited.

• Like 1

As you said in another thread, it was a chaotic battle already so no wonder they could do that, now if it was just Osiris versus all that with no chaos already, Osiris would have a much harder job. :)

Blue Team were kidnapped and began training at six? So can Osiris boast that, no?

Many Spartan IV's are not recruited for their combat skills but for other skills, such in the case of Vale. She has an amazing understand of technology and language. She is also skilled at combat but her understand of technology was the primary reason she was recruited.

Yes, Osiris would have certainly died attempting that if there was no chaos to throw off the Covenant, but if Blue Team were as superior to them as you say, they could do that without the chaos..and history has shown that they most certainly can't.

Osiris wasn't trained as well, but that doesn't make it impossible to catch up, or to almost catch up. Now the II's have superior augmentations they can never have because by their nature they had to be installed during adolescence to work properly, but Osiris' superior tech makes up for the augmentation gap. That leaves the only factor being skill, which Blue Team will of course have an advantage in. Just not a completely insurmountable one.

Vale may have been recruited mainly for her other skills, but as we've all seen, her combat ability is nothing short of top-notch. Same goes for the rest of them.

Yes, Osiris would have certainly died attempting that if there was no chaos to throw off the Covenant, but if Blue Team were as superior to them as you say, they could do that without the chaos..and history has shown that they most certainly can't.

Osiris wasn't trained as well, but that doesn't make it impossible to catch up, or to almost catch up. Now the II's have superior augmentations they can never have because by their nature they had to be installed during adolescence to work properly, but Osiris' superior tech makes up for the augmentation gap. That leaves the only factor being skill, which Blue Team will of course have an advantage in. Just not a completely insurmountable one.

Vale may have been recruited mainly for her other skills, but as we've all seen, her combat ability is nothing short of top-notch. Same goes for the rest of them.

I think experience is another factor to consider and Blue Team has a lot more where that came from that Osiris. :)

Apart from that analyser thing Osiris has I don't really see any superior tech that Osiris has over Blue Team.