Halo 5 REQ System Explained Further!

VinWarrior

Um, how does my skill in Halo factor into this?

Besides, I used to be a very good player back in the day, so take that Fishy! :)

Nobody is forcing me to play it that is correct, but its still pay to win. The gamemode looks good but its going to be partly ruined by the fact it has pay to win elements.

Weapons and vehicles are a major part of Halo and can change a game, having them up for sale is pay to win and that is that.

No matter how hard they try to balance it out, its still pay to win in a Halo game.

@Twinreaper

You seem logical in your counter-arguments, I would like to say thank you. It's clear there is going to be some disagreement on this and on 343i as a whole, but at least you show effort into making a point, not just scream that you are right.

This was the first thread I posted on here, and the community seems pretty diverse and educated; I think I am going to like it here.

Now to keep on topic.

Personally I have no issue with micro-transactions that are cosmetic. If you spend $200 could you get a metric crap load of power weapons and vehicals? Yes. Can you use them all in one game and have an obvious advantage? No. Should you ever honestly run out of power weapons normally, without buying REQ packs? IDK, that is what I think will decide whether the system is good or not in my eyes.

Also on the note of Microsoft being in charge of the in game marketplace, I would like to say no. I would like to say that... but honestly there could be some truth there. I hope not though.

• Like 1

"Should you ever honestly run out of power weapons normally, without buying REQ packs" And there is the source of the problem ^

And as you said, " that is what I think will decide whether the system is good or not in my eyes"

I have said here many times, power weapons, especially in the right hands can be a real game changer. They can possibly turn a game you are loosing into a win, I've seen it happen myself. A whole game turned around because of power weapons.

So that is why I think its pay to win. Its not as bad as some games do it and 343 have made an effort to balance it out but there is only so much they can do to balance out a system that is at its core pay to win, plus its locking off content too. :)