Rumored: Pokemon Yellow Remaster On The Way?

Melody

Hello everyone! Melody here! ^_^

Recently news has sparked up in the internet world about rumors of Game Freak's popular Pokemon Yellow Version.

Pokemon has seen it's fair share of remakes/remasters but could a rumor of the classic 1998 video game be true?

According to a recent article by "thepokedex" (Google it) says yes.

thepokedex in quote

"Nintendo has just released their next game remake; Pokemon Yellow. They intend to remake and remaster the 1998 hit, and make it available for the 3DS, New 3DS, and the 2DS. This will be a 20th Anniversary Edition to be released worldwide November 13th, 2015.

The last Gen 1 remakes were FireRed and LeafGreen back in January of 2004. This was released for the GameBoy Advance, and put into color. It also introduced the Sevii Islands, and made Gen 2 Pokemon available after getting the National Pokedex.
This Gen 1 remake will include all 719 Pokemon available for capture after beating the league and completing your Kanto Pokedex. As well as all the Pokemon being available, legends included, all TMs and Berries from other generations have been added in.
Intended to be release in November, Pokemon Yellow for the 3DS is expected to make a big hit among gamers."

Despite the small amount of information provided this has sparked much controversy among the gaming community.

However no such proof exists that proofs for certain that Pokemon Yellow Version will be getting a remaster.

What do you guys think about these rumors? Will Yellow get a remaster after all?

Thanks for reading! ^_^

• Like 1

Too bad I don't have a 3DS. No chance on it coming out for the Xbox One is there :sweat:

I wonder how they're going to make it look remastered. I kinda liked the old retro style of the first version.

I won't be buying any console to play it, but I'll be playing Pokemon Go! That I can get on my phone. I just can't see buying a DS for Pokemon because honestly that's all I'd use it for.

This may interest you if you haven't seen it already.

• Like 1

Yoshi is telling the truth. He said he'd get a Wii U to Mario Kart 8 with me, but it's pointless to get for just one game.

As for Pokemon Yellow... Never played the original... But from what I have seen, by god... That game is going to be ruined. I mean, look at AS&OR, they were great games and the remake was amazing... I just find the fact that Mega Evolution and pokemon from other regions (Not discovered AT ALL in that region) should not be there.

Oh well, I most likely won't be getting this. Even if it's my only chance at getting Mew...

Yoshi is telling the truth. He said he'd get a Wii U to Mario Kart 8 with me, but it's pointless to get for just one game.

As for Pokemon Yellow... Never played the original... But from what I have seen, by god... That game is going to be ruined. I mean, look at AS&OR, they were great games and the remake was amazing... I just find the fact that Mega Evolution and pokemon from other regions (Not discovered AT ALL in that region) should not be there.

Oh well, I most likely won't be getting this. Even if it's my only chance at getting Mew... *<-- (Not native to the game by legit methods)*

Exactly how so? If Yellow gets a remaster or even a remake whos to say they won't add new features like they did to OR/AS?

Besides, personally Yellow Version was a good Pokemon game if you are familiar with the Manga. If you never read the manga before then to you it would be just a copy of red and blue but that's not entirely true.

As for the Mega Evolutions, I don't see why that hurts the game what so ever. Despite the region, does it really matter that they made Kalos and Unova Mega Evolutions in OR/AS?

So basically only these Pokemon right? Because these were the only new additions to OR/AS and some are not native to the game.

Mega Beedrill
Mega Pidgeot
Mega Slowbro
Mega Steelix
Mega Sceptile
Mega Swampert
Mega Sableye
Mega Sharpedo
Mega Camerupt
Mega Altaria
Mega Glalie
Mega Salamence
Mega Metagross
Mega Latias
Mega Latios
Mega Rayquaza
Mega Lopunny
Mega Gallade
Mega Audino

Mega Diancie

Edited by Melody

Exactly how so? If Yellow gets a remaster or even a remake whos to say they won't add new features like they did to OR/AS?

Besides, personally Yellow Version was a good Pokemon game if you are familiar with the Manga. If you never read the manga before then to you it would be just a copy of red and blue but that's not entirely true.

As for the Mega Evolutions, I don't see why that hurts the game what so ever. Despite the region, does it really matter that they made Kalos and Unova Mega Evolutions in OR/AS?

So basically only these Pokemon right? Because these were the only new additions to OR/AS and some are not native to the game.

Mega Beedrill

Mega Pidgeot

Mega Slowbro

Mega Steelix

Mega Sceptile

Mega Swampert

Mega Sableye

Mega Sharpedo

Mega Camerupt

Mega Altaria

Mega Glalie

Mega Salamence

Mega Metagross

Mega Latias

Mega Latios

Mega Rayquaza

Mega Lopunny

Mega Gallade

Mega Audino

Mega Diancie

Nevermind. I drop it. I'll keep that opinion to myself.

As well as I disagree with these remakes... I just want to see another Gale of Darkness