•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:51 AM) Hey Mr. Halo Team Assemble
@  Fishy : (21 September 2018 - 09:45 AM) You kids and your Halo
@  Fishy : (21 September 2018 - 09:45 AM) Lol
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:41 AM) With an imposing question
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:41 AM) Short and informative
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:41 AM) http://www.343indust...kins-in-halo-5/
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:28 AM) Hm.. Think I'ma post a quick article on the new MCC nameplates and H5 Magnum Skins
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:26 AM) Lol yes we're in the same boat then!
@  Halo6 Follower : (21 September 2018 - 09:12 AM) (I must confess that I didn't either, but I did play it back in March...That still counts, right??)
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:03 AM) I'm glad someone tried it though!
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:03 AM) I didn't even play last night as much as I talked it up because my friends didn't want to get on Halo 5 :(
@  Halo6 Follower : (21 September 2018 - 08:23 AM) The H3 playlist is fantastic
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 08:09 AM) It's classic Halo with less clunky movement and perfect hit registration
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 08:08 AM) The H3 Playlist is what future Halo should be imo
@  343iBot : (21 September 2018 - 05:19 AM) Welcome to the forums, meganward! :welcome: View meganward's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 September 2018 - 10:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, BenTennyson! :welcome: View BenTennyson's Profile
@  UncookedMoa : (20 September 2018 - 09:28 PM) I enjoy all the playlists.
@  Yoshi1176 : (20 September 2018 - 04:00 PM) I never really enjoyed the H3 playlist
@  Drizzy_Dan : (20 September 2018 - 03:18 PM) And the H3 Classic playlist is back so I'm getting on H5
@  Drizzy_Dan : (20 September 2018 - 03:17 PM) Also they just announced today that they are available along with the new Target Shooter Commendation

Photo

Canon Fodder Discussion Thread

Grim Canon Fodder Lore

23 replies to this topic

#1 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:50 PM

It's come to my attention just recently that we don't have a dedicated thread for talking about the beautiful Canon Fodders that our Lorelord GrimBrother One does his absolute best to put out for us on a weekly basis to give dedicated Halo Universe fans that extra pinch to get them through this wait for Halo 5: Guardians. Each week Grim does things like answer community lore questions, interview writers and other employees from 343 Industries, and lets us know when Universe entries have been added or updated. He even gives some hints in his Canon Fodders for what's to come sometimes. This is why he is our Lorelord.

The latest Canon Fodder - Infinity & Beyond - was a really juicy one. We got a good interview with Duffy Bourdreau, writer of Halo: Escalation, about what some of his favorite parts of working for 343 are and about Escalation of course.

Grim went more in depth on Fleet Battles which is really starting to pique my interest!

This week we finally see BB's in-universe appearance, he is as you would imagine trust me. And Iona's entry was updated but don't read if you haven't read Saint's Testimony yet. Which you should have! It's only a dollar!

Lastly though, something that I mentioned earlier was about how he even sometimes leaves hints in his Canon Fodders. He saw us off by saying, "If you're hunting for details on other upcoming Halo fiction, you'll probably want to turn in next week, just saying."

His wording definitely teases at Hunt the Truth Season 2! I'll post weekly links and anyone interested can discuss here. Cheers lore lovers.

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#2 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

I don't know what to put here

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BaconShelf
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:27 AM

Not going to lie, I'm loving that we got the classification of the Infinite Succor.

Halo Lore fanatic, purveyor of dank maymays

My writing hub, the Imperial Archive Network

#3 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

Same but I'm actually more interested in The Minister of Etiology. And Hunt the Truth Season 2. I'm very eager for this next Canon Fodder. I hope he answers some community questions too.

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#4 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Warm Bnus
  • LocationInstallation 00
14             2                     

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

My favorite part was a little tease of the Ground combat equivalent of Halo Fleet Battles(which I still want) and that makes me so happy to see 343i continuely expanding their board game presence. The best [art was the *maybe* inclusion of optional rules that allow you to play both games together. THAT IS FANTASTIC.

Seriously we need more Halo Fleet Battles discussion.

Latest Canon Fodder: https://www.halowayp...infinity-beyond

gallery_88375_757_102964.jpg

#5 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationSomewhere, Everywhere, Anywhere and Nowhere. And everything inbetween.
2          2         

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

I'm waiting to see how much money is left on my card after the release of Halo 5 and Fallout 4. That will determine how quickly I get fleet battles.

I don't even want to play it, I just want the models of the ships.

#6 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 724 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

As a massive Warhammer 40K fan I am surprised that I haven't already picked up Fleet Battles, despite seeing it in store a lot. Like Bacon said, i'll have to check the finances after  Halo and Fallout release. 

Great idea Doge! I'll make sure to "follow" this topic (Geddit?) Looking forward to more updates :D 

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#7 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

https://www.halowayp...t-s-urs-is-ours

#8 BaconShelf

BaconShelf

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,371 posts
Inspiring
2          2         

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

Meh. Little on the light side this week. Even on the universe articles.

#9 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

Meh. Little on the light side this week. Even on the universe articles.

I was really looking forward to some info on Hunt the truth 2.. Also was hoping for a little info on the whereabouts of some prophets but I guess that's what Shadow of Intent will be about.

Starting to wonder if we're even getting hunt the truth season 2 this month 

#10 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

https://www.halowayp...truth-testimony

Loved the content this week. Frankie's last reply made me giddy. I also liked how Petra's Universe update mentioned her helping Ben in his story but didn't mention her capture which we heard about in Hunt the Truth season 2 at that point already. 

#11 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:23 PM

https://www.halowayp...e-to-give-tanks

Last week we got model names for some of the variants of Covenant we'll be seeing and this week we got the same but for Humanity's side and I love it all. A lighter Scorpion, a tougher Mongoose, Gungoose with grenade launchers. Too good too be true.

Love the new universe entries.

#12 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:46 PM

https://www.halowayp...ding-out-an-sos

Main focus on Sangheili this week!

#13 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,494 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:45 PM

SoS getting fleshed out as a faction = Amazeballs

SoS getting fleshed out as a faction = Maybe HW2 MP faction? I'd be happy to see it.

I'd love to see some different classes though, SoS Hunters (the red hunters in Warzone maybe based on them like the elite in the SoS banshee?) SoS Jackals, and maybe SoS themed weapons?

Swoot DD!

Vinwarrior2.png

#14 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

Wasn't sure if it was possible but Grim actually one-upped the last Canon Fodder this week! 

https://www.halowayp...dder-locke-load

Model names for the weapon variants and currently used weapons for UNSC and Covenant and awesome new Universe entries including one Kamchatka, the setting where the first mission is played as Fireteam Osiris. 

#15 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

THIS. CANON FODDER. IS. AMAZING. https://www.halowayp...lamation-begins

#16 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:09 AM

https://www.halowayp...r-fauna-getaway

This week Lore Lord Grim gives us the names of the fauna life forms we find on the settings scene in Halo 5: Guardians during Campaign and multiplayer such as the flying creatures of Genesis and the whale-like creatures outside of Fathom. There are also some great Universe entry updates.

#17 CIA391

CIA391

Jackal

• Members
  • 10 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:CIA391

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:29 PM

I'll start posting these in a weekly basis if everyone is cool with that.

This week in Canon Fodder is Issue 91.

COSPLAY. CANON. CAMPBELL.

This canon fodder goes over cosplay, and undersuits you will see in multiplayer for Halo 4 and Halo 5.

This is a great update. I admit I am a sucker for info on armor.

#18 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:33 PM

I'll start posting these in a weekly basis if everyone is cool with that.

This week in Canon Fodder is Issue 91.

COSPLAY. CANON. CAMPBELL.

This canon fodder goes over cosplay, and undersuits you will see in multiplayer for Halo 4 and Halo 5.

This is a great update. I admit I am a sucker for info on armor.

Please do post here. I like to discuss on Archive about this each week but it'd be great to have another lore enthusiast aboard to help ignite discussion and possibly enlighten others. 

#19 CIA391

CIA391

Jackal

• Members
  • 10 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:CIA391

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

This week in Canon Fodder is Issue 92 - Halo-ween handoff

This canon fodder goes over summaries of Tales from Slipspace. But the real meat of the update is not in the canon fodder but in the Blitz interview. Seeing the awesome look of the new Hellbringers is well worth it.

#20 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

I'm really looking forward to Blitz. Admittedly the original beta was not so fun for me probably because I sucked at it because it didn't play exactly like the first Halo Wars but I'm really happy they're doing a Blitz beta. Canon Fodder was good this week!

Bravo <3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grim, Canon Fodder, Lore

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users