Banned for sixty minutes...

Zeckia

Okay so I just wanted to play an ordinary game of Halo but I usually can't do that because the hosts are alway from some American country or European country and that does not work out too well for me in New Zealand. Anyway I have a fairly decent internet of around 20Mbits Down and 2Mbits up with an verge ping on my speediest of around 10-25. I don't lag on a lot of games I play but when I play Halo 4 I am always paired with a laggy host! How do I know the host is laggy because I either ask other players if they were lagging or I am partied with someone from The United States who says they were also lagging. So anyway I left about 4-5 games in a row because they were incredibly laggy and I have obtained a sixty minute ban! That just seems too much! I don't think I'll be playing any 343 made games if they are like Halo 4. I'll just stick to H3.

I live in Australia with far worse internet than yourself, and it's common sense not to quit matches. Regardless of the reason you have, if you quit matches, you're willingly ruining the experience for others even if you lagged.

So that's why when you quit multiple games in a row, you're going to get a slap on the wrist. In addition, if you're partied with someone with someone from another country of course you're going to experience a worse ping. That's why I recommend only playing with those in a party from your own country/continent, otherwise it's just too risky to suffer from lag.

It's hardly 343's fault that the consumer base in that area of the world has nowhere near the scale of that in America or Europe, nor their fault that the Internet providers there (to my knowledge) don't provide terrific connection speeds.

Ultimately, quitting games ruins the enjoy ability for everyone else playing. And this is measures to make sure people don't just quit when they're losing. It sucks that your Internet simply can't keep up with those from other continents entirely, but thus is the problem when the majority of the users are on other continents, and thus so are te majority of hosts.

Honestly, it would be great if they simply had a server browser, allowing you to select a region (ala battlefield 4) but 343 seems to prefer the skill based matchmaking route. Still, Halo 5 has dedicated servers, so who knows. Maye it'll work out better.

Besides, it's only an hour. There's lots of stuff to do. It's hardly a long time. Mess around in forge, campaign or spartan ops. Or go play something else.

Edited by BaconShelf

I agree with you! It's no fair on the players! I just get so frustrated when I hit 3-5 headshots in swat, bt or something and thy don't die and I'd watch it in theatre and all they do is flinch. No damage sometimes. I understand that theatre mode is what I see so it is not entirely accurate. So I guess if I want to play competitive I either move to another continent or get better internet. My friend who lives in Dunedin gets 1gbps down apparently. Anyway I will try my best not leave games haha. Also since the servers on H5G are dedicated af in America it shouldn't lag for me. As every game that has an U.S host I usually experience little no lag! :)