Halo: Shadow of Intent Cover and Plot Revealed!

Joseph Staten's return to the Halo universe, Halo: Shadow of Intent, has had some new plot details revealed as well as a sleek cover photo.

A plethora of Halo novels were announced earlier this year, one of those being Shadow of Intent, written by former Bungie writer Joseph Staten. As revealed on HaloWaypoint.com, the book will center around Rtas 'Vadum, best known as Halfjaw and the Shipmaster. A prophet prelate threatens the existence of the sangheili species and it's up to Rtas to protect his people. Though that is the extent of the plot details, the cover shows Halo 2-era Rtas and a mysterious new female character side-by-side with energy swords (and staffs) in hand. The novel will release this December 7th, 2015 and you can pre-order it now.

post-26953-0-06745400-1441404674_thumb.jpg

All images and information provided by 343 Industries.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 7

I guess I'm going to pick this up.

The plot does seem to be a bit overboard and implies the fate of an entire species is at risk....
But whatever I doubt its going to be that big.

Still, its nice to see Joseph Staten doing Halo books again. Contact Harvest was really good. :)

Bear with me here guys for a second right. 

If you read the description for the Helioskrill armour it states: 

"Named after a predatory creature native to Sanghelios, the Helioskrill armor was crafted by a Sangheili prodigy inspired to test her skill against the best that humanity could muster"

given that this novel features a female elite, and we don't see them too often in media, is it likely that she designed the Helioskrill armour to prove something against the humans? Maybe she fights another Spartan? Possibly "The Best humanity could muster" is fireteam Osiris?     

Just speculation here, but I thought i'd point that out. What does everyone else think? 
Edited by Halo5 Follower
  • Like 2