Grand Theft Auto Franchise Ships Over 220 Million Units!

Rockstar has recently confirmed that the Grand Theft Auto franchise has shipped a combined total of over 220 million units in its lifetime!

Grand Theft Auto is a massively popular franchise created and published by Rockstar Games. The series recently reached a milestone that very few other titles will ever see, 220 million units shipped with all games combined. IGN.com reported the sales numbers, stating that shockingly, Grand Theft Auto V made up quite a hefty number in that. Grand Theft Auto V actually sold 54 million of those total copies, representing about 1/4 of the total. It was also confirmed that Red Dead Redemption, the highly popular western also made by Rockstar Games, had sold-in 14 million units to-date. Grand Theft Auto V is available for sale right now, currently, no future paid content for the game has been detailed by Rockstar.

post-26953-0-72120200-1440183095_thumb.jpg

All images and information supplied by Rockstar Games and IGN.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Congrats Rock*... Now where's my next Red Dead game?

Also, when was there ever Mimes in GTA V? I have never seen one.

It was a Public Event.

Also, yes. This stuff is accurate and all. But I think we know the real reason why it sold so much. And that's because Trevor.

Best character imo.

*Whispers quietly*

Take that Cod, take that! :)

Now the real question is why did the game sell well?

Answer: Controversy most likely.  

Gta games seem to attract the uniformed news team quite well, like magnets also.

Its also probably because the games as well made and are quality at that. And considering this games huge budget.... this is certainly well deserved by the Rockstar team.

Now then Rockstar WHERE IS MY SINGLE PLAYER DLC!