TheL337destroyer

Armor in Halo 4  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should some Halo 3 and Reach Armor return in Halo 4?

2. 2. If so, which armor from Halo 3?

3. 3. If so, which armor from Halo: Reach?

Hey Everyone, and Welcome to 'The Official Halo 4 Armor Thread'!

This forum talks everything related to armor speculation and ideas for Halo 4. This includes the any Leaked Images, and Ideas for the Unlocking System, Spartan Armor, Elite Armor, ect.

Leaked Pictures: *None Yet*

Unlocking System:

Guys I think that Armor should be in unlockable through the style of Halo 3. There were so many different ways to unlock some. Whether it was ranking up, skulls, or achievements.. You could still unlock some armor.

Unlike Reach, where you are actually forced to play till you rank up, then earn enough credits till you can by a certain armor piece.

Spartan Armor:

For types of Armor, I say mix old and new together so Everyone's Happy.

For instance, for Halo 4 they need to bring back some armor from Halo CEA, Halo 3 and Reach. In other words, they must bring back the "Fan-Favorites".

One's like Mark V, Mark VI, Recon, Hayabusa, and Commando must make a return. Simply because, they are probably the 5 Most Favorite armor's of all the Halo Titles. And well, they just looked Flat-out Awesome!

Elite Armor:

For Elites, I prefer Halo 3 because you have a much better choice of Customization. As compared to Reach, where you are limited to pre-set types of armor.

For looks, I think they need to make the Elites look like Halo 3. Why? Well because they actually look "Mean". In Reach they just look a little Bobble-Headed and Cartoonish to me.

Excellent Ideas:

I can definitely get behind this idea. Being Halo 4 is following H3 the incorporation of the existing armors that would definitely rock with the new graphics and give continuity to the game. I do expect some new armor variants and hope they are just stand alone armors. I voted for all of them.

Another thought I had was having armor that fit the environment you fought in. Not a full camo that modern soldiers wear, but simple patterns for forest, sand and urban situations that would be auto assigned depending on the map. Red vs Blue is the norm in team variants, so have the pattern be unique to each setting yet still in R v B colors.

As for my Personal Favorites, I would like to see these Helmets make a Return:

Halo 3 -

Recon

Hayabusa

Mark V (From Halo: CEA)

Mark VI

Sequrity

CQB

Halo: Reach -

Commando

ODST

I put ALOT of work into this thread, so please feel free to comment with your Opinions and Ideas.

And don't forget to Vote!

Thanks for Reading!

that just sounds like a terrible idea... i dont think your armor choice should effect gameplay. i think that everyone should have the exact same advantages befor the game starts; no one has the upper hand.

Each will have draw back though. Something to make it even, and let the armor be gained by achevements. PS, the effect doesn't have to be huge.

I can definitely get behind this idea. Being Halo 4 is following H3 the incorporation of the existing armors that would definitely rock with the new graphics and give continuity to the game. I do expect some new armor variants and hope they are just stand alone armors. I voted for all of them.

I was totally thinking this too.. Like I said before it was just so distinguishing! I would love to see the armor continue and it would make sense like you said... Everyone please like Absolute Dog's Comment. It makes perfect sense

Btw, A.D. can I put your comment in the topic, it would help move the idea forward alot.

Another thought I had was having armor that fit the environment you fought in. Not a full camo that modern soldiers wear, but simple patterns for forest, sand and urban situations that would be auto assigned depending on the map. Red vs Blue is the norm in team variants, so have the pattern be unique to each setting yet still in R v B colors.

• Like 2

Genius!

This.

Also, having armour effect you would be a disaster... it would make it easier for campers to survive. Me no like the idea.

hayabusa!! and you know how in Halor : Reach when your voting for a game you can look at other players character, and they are all holding a DMR, i think the player should be holding their weapon of destruction it would be tight :D, or we shouyld be able to buy the weapon we hold with credits just like we do with armour, :o and more armour effects, like hearts and grunt birthday party,,,, :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to see being able to choose whole armour styles instead of just bits, so your whole body could be set to Mark IV, V, VI, or VII or whatever's in the game, so that you don't have Mark IV or V helmets, shoulders, and kneepads sitting on top of Mark VI or VII chest pieces, boots, forearms, undersuits, or whatever.

• 1 month later...

Here's something that I've wanted since Halo 3.

I want 2 more playable races. As in previous games there were Spartans and Elites, now I want 343i to add Brutes and Forerunners. Of course They'd play exactly the same as each other, it just offers more visual variety and you can play as the race which you like most.

But since Halo 3 I've known this would be highly unlikely to occur in any Halo game, especially considering the Human-Covenant war is over and the Brutes are probably being wiped out by the Elites And the Forerunners have yet to make an appearance in the main series. A man can dream though... a man can dream...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...