Halo 2 Regret Every Time Crash "Still"

Okay so my buddy and I tried beating this level about a month after the anniversary edition came out and it kept crashing at the point where we beat regret together... well we are back at it again now when we assume everything has been fixed... all updates installed on both consoles, game is running smoother up until you defeat regret, you get the last punch on Regret and our game crashes...  seriously how do you beat this on co-op without the game killing you?  I love Halo but i'm shocked 343 hasn't fixed this yet... we've tried collectively 12 times... come on...

Never had this either, I assume the problem lies with whoever is hosting.

Has the host reinstalled the game already? Maybe his disc has a scratch somewhere?

@ @@BaconShelf It shouldn't be a disc issue, because the game is installed to the Hard Drive. Maybe some of the files corrupted during the installation? Can you play it single-player? If so, then the issue isn't on your end. If not, re-install. Can your friend play it single-player? If not, then they should re-install the game. If so, then it maybe a connectivity issue.