Halo 5: New Warzone map revealed

Halo 5: New Warzone map revealed

7rsKA8P.jpg?1

Today, Microsoft revealed a new map that will be featured in Halo 5's Warzone gamemode.

On the first day of Comic Con Microsoft came out swinging by announcing one of the maps that will be featured In Halo 5's Warzone gamemode.

The announcement wasn't just any old announcement with a few concept art pictures and a name, no. They announced it by showing off a 89.500 blocks large, half a ton weighing Lego replica of the map.

The map will be called 'Raid on Apex 7' and is already bigger than the map 'Escape from A.R.C' which was shown at E3.

Here's the Lego structure:

y1WpAWr.jpg?1

qprfbAq.jpg?1

yJJk5zr.jpg?1

Ddofu2V.jpg?1

favMmB1.jpg?1

XXDYbXs.jpg?1

hSER7Hn.jpg?1

And here's some of the concept art:

LZbC1pB.jpg?1

7rsKA8P.jpg?1

The style of the map was inspired by the level The Silent Cartographer in Halo CE.

Mysterious island? Check. Large middle structure? Check. Getting lost? Probably.

"Clearing out the initial Covenant threats and controlling the Forerunner Spire in the center of the island is paramount to a team's success and provides a central base of operations. If your team loses the Spire, don’t despair; players can use a system of caves or taketo the beach to flank the base. Beware of the Covenant though, for they will not let you take this islandso easily. They will counterattack and fight to retake their territory. Continue the push for control of the island and take out the opposition's core… before you awaken something much worse."

~Microsoft

The map appears to play out similair to the Escape from A.R.C map. First you'll drop in with a Pelican and will have to clear your base of AI enemies to be able to proceed. After that you'll have to option to either go for the central base and or bosses to score points or choose to go for the enemy base and destroy their core.

Choose wisely.

What do you think of the map? And what might we awake on it?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Gamespot

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 7

Maybe they are bringing some sort of AI creature in? In past Halo games there have been creatures that were taken out of game, obviously the other Halo's weren't on this scale so maybe there will be. Maybe some sort of native alien creature that is an enemy to both teams?

Sort of like the Rancor on Battlefront?

• Like 1

It's so pretty!!! Both the concept art and the Lego structure! I've always been a fan of maps with both outside and inside fighting grounds, and the size of this map is a plus. The fact that it looks kinda like an island from Lost or Jurassic World is equally awesome. Good stuff P34nut!

• Like 1

I admit the lego structure was pretty impressive, not in size or scope. But because they actually put the effort in to hire someone to make a massive replica of a Halo map.

Certainly is interesting news, eh Nut? :D

*MegaBloks

In relation to the article, 343 GIVE US A COVENANT MAP LIKE A CARRIER OR SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL SINCERELY ALL HALO FANS.

• Like 1

If taking out the initial Covenant threat is on the beach right after your dropped off by a Pelican, that's going to be some serious Deja Vu, and pretty awesome. It would just be missing Foe hammer and the Halo theme.

Big maps and I love it. Gud News Nut.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

If taking out the initial Covenant threat is on the beach right after your dropped off by a Pelican, that's going to be some serious Deja Vu, and pretty awesome. It would just be missing Foe hammer and the Halo theme.

Big maps and I love it. Gud News Nut.

They could add that as a flashback. Would be cool

I've been pondering over what we'd awake on the map and I though what if the entire Forerunner structure comes to life? Certainly fits the omnious explaination.

So ots basically a CE DeathIsland remake from first glance. Texture and geometry use get a 7\10. Creativity...gets a big fat 0\10. Seriously 343....cant you produce anything but remakes or maps based on remakes?!?

The thing with the Halo community is that it's either very easy or very tough to please them. However with map choices, it's incredibly easy to please the masses just by what you design or recreate. Seeing as the Silent Cartographer is universally accepted as one of the best Halo missions to date in design and gameplay, it's easy to see why 343i decided to use it as a reference for this map, due to the masses being pleased from this nostalgia tip.

I am totally not bias in any ways towards this map.

• Like 1