Halo 3 Legendary

joyc13

After finishing Halo 4 on Legendary and loving it i decided to play Halo 3 on Legendary and so far i am loving that also, i am up to where you first encounter the Flood when they crash land on Earth, fun times ahead lol. I tried to play Halo 2 on legendary but i don't believe it is possible to finish lol, dam that is hard, really really hard, too hard to be honest.

Halo 2 Legendary is super hard and I don't remember finishing it solo Legendary. Halo 3 had a cool campaign though. We fought in some big battles as a lone Spartan and I think that's the scene Bungie was trying to create. We fought like 6 Scarabs in Halo 3. Halo 4 was the best to me because it was challenging but doable and it demanded a care for your life. Made me feel like Master Chief :^) 

• Like 1

The one shot sniper Jackals in Halo 2 sure are something...

Glad you are enjoying your Halo experience. Just keep on trying, you'll get there!

• Like 1

^

I have to agree with your last point, that last level really made me feel like I was Mc... :)

On a hardness level, Halo 2 is hard and I'm fine with it being that hard, in my eyes Halo 3 is far too easy it is almost a cakewalk compared to other Halo games.

Wow Caboosh, you must be really good at Halo if you think Halo 3's Legendary campaign is easy.  The enemies i absolutely hate the most is those elite brutes with there hammers, they take forever to kill and they are instant deaths lol, very frustrating at times.

Wow Caboosh, you must be really good at Halo if you think Halo 3's Legendary campaign is easy.  The enemies i absolutely hate the most is those elite brutes with there hammers, they take forever to kill and they are instant deaths lol, very frustrating at times.

Nah. As long as you have a plasma weapon (Pistol is best) and a headshot-capable weapon (Carbine or BR, ideally), you can take on pretty much everything the game has to throw at you. Just grab a sword or something on Cortana.

I have almost finished Halo 3 on Legendary, i have almost reached Cortana in High Charity and i am loving this level on legendary, i thought i was going to go through hell here but i've been taking my time and moving slowly and i am progressing better than i thought, i am almost there. Some may say that Halo 3 and halo 4 on legendary were too easy but in my opinion they are just perfect, you can die within a few hits, you can't rush, i much prefer difficulty seetings like this rather than the impossible Halo 2, Halo 2 on legendary is just not fun at all, i see why they toned it down in Halo 3 and 4 because they want players to enjoy it and still be hard at the same time, Halo 2 on Legendary is just a frustrating mess.

i have almost reached Cortana in High Charity and i am loving this level on legendary,

Halo 2 is a frustrating mess. No Doubt. But that Statement above, I don't think I've ever heard that. Many people hate that mission with a passion. I think it's ok. I don't hate it much as other people, but I am glad someone enjoys it.

Halo 2 really isn't that fun of a game on Legendary. I don't appreciate the Migraines it gives off.

Halo 2 is a frustrating mess. No Doubt. But that Statement above, I don't think I've ever heard that. Many people hate that mission with a passion. I think it's ok. I don't hate it much as other people, but I am glad someone enjoys it.

Halo 2 really isn't that fun of a game on Legendary. I don't appreciate the Migraines it gives off.

Of course yeah if you just run in guns blazing your dead meat in that area, i just took my time, picked off all the enemies and i got through it just fine, took me awhile but i got it done haha. I finished Halo 3 on legendary and absolutely loved it, i preferred Halo 4 on Legendary but Halo 3 was very fun. Yeah i don't think i will play Halo 2 on Legendary, i'll just play it on Heroic instead, Legendary is terrible in Halo 2. 

^

Its not terrible nor is it as you describe it in your previous post. :)

"A terrible mess" "Halo 2 on legendary is just not fun at all"

Well, I find it fun, its not as if someone is forcing you to play on legendary.

I love a good challenge and Halo 2 does not fail to disappoint.

To be honest I'm glad your frustrated. It proves Halo 2 legendary is doing its job well, making it hard.

^

Its not terrible nor is it as you describe it in your previous post. :)

"A terrible mess" "Halo 2 on legendary is just not fun at all"

Well, I find it fun, its not as if someone is forcing you to play on legendary.

I love a good challenge and Halo 2 does not fail to disappoint.

To be honest I'm glad your frustrated. It proves Halo 2 legendary is doing its job well, making it halo

Your glad i am frustrated, Halo 2 is doing it's job by being the cheapest most unfair difficulty in the history of the Halo series. They toned the difficulty down in Halo 3 and Halo 4 so that's saying something about how people viewed Halo 2's Legendary experience. You seem to be the only person who likes Legendary in Halo 2 Caboosh.

Halo 2's legendary comes close to being unfair. Even if you try playing tactical like legendary was inteded for, you get picked off in one shot by a sniper the moment your hand comes out of cover. For example on the level Outskirts, the part where you are in a Warthog going towards the tunnel area. I turned the corner while powersliding and got shot out of the driver seat instantly by a sniper Jackal that was perched between the debris in front of the tunnel.

And lets not forget the laser like accuracy the Flood have with a Rocket Launcher on the Sacred Icon level.

I get that legendary is supposed to be hard, but make the enemy some tougher to beat by increasing health and shields, giving slight buff to damage and making them use cover/tactics more instead of making them aimbots.

Halo 2, most frustrating campaign by far!

^
^

^

I'm glad your frustrated because, that's the point, proves the game mode is doing its job. :)

Halo 2 does have its unfair moments but overall its tough but fair. As long as you don't try and run in Rambo style you should be okay.

Just put as much distance between you and your enemy as possible and stick to cover.

Seriously though, Halo 3 and Halo 4 were too easy, they were cakewalks. Halo 2 overall, was just right.

Edited by Caboosh Teh Aish