More features coming for Xbox One on Windows 10

New features for the Xbox on the new Windows 10 OS have been revealed. 

adlZ3RZ.png

Earlier this year Microsoft announced their plans to integrate the Xbox One with their new operating system Windows 10. They announced a new experience with both Xbox One and Windows 10 by revealing new content such as streaming games to the PC and Windows 10 devices, cross platform features/gameplay and DVR. But they have just announced more features (focusing more on accessibility and activity) that will be rolling out this month. These features will focus on things such as accessing Xbox accounts, sharing content with friends and accessing games. Here is the official list containing the latest collection of features: 

• My Games – As you install games from the Windows Store, they will appear in your My Games list. Additionally, you can manually add games to your collection by selecting My games > Add a game from your PC. Also, there is now a Featured games section on the home screen, below your Recently played list.
  • Game hubs – You can now launch a local PC game from its game hub, view details about the game in the Windows Store, and find and follow People to Watch for a given game. Additionally, for Xbox One games, you can now choose Play from console to initiate a game streaming session from a game hub page.
  • Share with your friends – You can share your achievements to your Activity feed and Showcase just like you do on Xbox One. You can also share your Xbox One Game clips or Screenshots listed under Game DVR > Shared to your Activity Feed and Showcase.
  • Xbox avatars – We renamed the Avatars app on Windows 10 to Xbox Avatars and the layout and iconography have been updated to final designs. In this month’s preview, there is a “Take a photo” feature so you can pose your avatar and snap a photo.
  • Xbox account – In preview, you can sign in to Xbox on Windows 10 with any account, and create a new Xbox account if you do not already have one.

To access all the Xbox features on Windows 10 users will need to install Build 10158 of the operating system when it launches July 29th.

Xbox on Windows 10 trailer revealed earlier this year. 

What's your thoughts of Microsoft's integration of Xbox and Windows 10?

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

Thanks Adam, here's more details on the subject.

Xbox One users in the Preview Program and Windows Insider Program can mirror their Xbox One user interface to Windows 10 PCs and tablets.

Details to get you setup:

• Enabling Game Streaming on Xbox One: Xbox One preview program members will find a new option under Settings > Preferences > Allow game streaming to other devices (beta). This option will appear for consoles with an OS version of xb_rel_1507.150609 or later.
  • Connecting to Your Xbox One Console: Once you enable the Allow game streaming … option on your console, Connect your Windows 10 PC to Xbox One using the Xbox on Windows 10 app. Wired connections for your Xbox One and Windows 10 devices will provide the best quality and performance. If you are using wireless connectivity on your devices, please see support.xbox.com for more information.
  • Game Streaming: First, attach a wired Xbox controller to your Windows 10 PC or tablet. Then, choose Connected > Stream from the Xbox on Windows 10 app to initiate a game streaming session. A notification will appear on your Xbox One that a game streaming session was started by a specific user. During game streaming, the Xbox One console will appear “in use” as though the person streaming was in the room.
  • Turn On/Off Your Xbox One from the Xbox app on Windows 10: This is another cool feature. If your Xbox One console is in “Instant-on” mode, you can use the Xbox on Windows 10 app to turn on your Xbox One and start a game streaming session.

The Xbox on Windows 10 app will automatically update to the game streaming-enabled preview version when it becomes available in the Windows Store. Once you receive the update, your version number should be 5.6.11034 or higher. You can verify the version number of the Xbox app under Settings.

• Like 1

Thanks Adam, here's more details on the subject.

Xbox One users in the Preview Program and Windows Insider Program can mirror their Xbox One user interface to Windows 10 PCs and tablets.

Details to get you setup:

• Enabling Game Streaming on Xbox One: Xbox One preview program members will find a new option under Settings > Preferences > Allow game streaming to other devices (beta). This option will appear for consoles with an OS version of xb_rel_1507.150609 or later.
  • Connecting to Your Xbox One Console: Once you enable the Allow game streaming … option on your console, Connect your Windows 10 PC to Xbox One using the Xbox on Windows 10 app. Wired connections for your Xbox One and Windows 10 devices will provide the best quality and performance. If you are using wireless connectivity on your devices, please see support.xbox.com for more information.
  • Game Streaming: First, attach a wired Xbox controller to your Windows 10 PC or tablet. Then, choose Connected > Stream from the Xbox on Windows 10 app to initiate a game streaming session. A notification will appear on your Xbox One that a game streaming session was started by a specific user. During game streaming, the Xbox One console will appear “in use” as though the person streaming was in the room.
  • Turn On/Off Your Xbox One from the Xbox app on Windows 10: This is another cool feature. If your Xbox One console is in “Instant-on” mode, you can use the Xbox on Windows 10 app to turn on your Xbox One and start a game streaming session.

The Xbox on Windows 10 app will automatically update to the game streaming-enabled preview version when it becomes available in the Windows Store. Once you receive the update, your version number should be 5.6.11034 or higher. You can verify the version number of the Xbox app under Settings.

Sauce?

It's not a complicated request. Just wanted to see where you got your info from. For all I know you could have talked to a big blue whale in the pacific ocean about it and he told you what the sailor told him who heard it from a little birdie.

Anyways, on topic. I really like the update and am looking forward to the new features. Also, thank you Fishy for providing the additional information.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in this at all. Xbox One's bandwidth usage is already over the top and streaming to a PC will increase that exponentialy. Honestly, name me one gamer who doesn't already have a PC or Laptop in the same room as their console.

Evenif this were a feature to allow gamers on the go to play Xbox while travelling, good luck with framerate and connections on mobile or free access poing internet.

I don't see the point in this at all. Xbox One's bandwidth usage is already over the top and streaming to a PC will increase that exponentialy. Honestly, name me one gamer who doesn't already have a PC or Laptop in the same room as their console.

Evenif this were a feature to allow gamers on the go to play Xbox while travelling, good luck with framerate and connections on mobile or free access poing internet.

I don't have a PC anywhere near my Xbox.....

Well it's a good thing to do but I won't be integrating my console with Windows 10

Edited by Kakashi_Hatake