Anyone else want to see Brutes at some point in Halo 5: Guardians

I don't know about any one else, but I would love to see the Brutes at least make some sort of appearance in Halo 5. I understand they are not at the numbers of what they were in previous halo titles, but none the less I would love to see a Chieftain with a gravity hammer go up against Promethean Knight. I understand some people are sick of Brutes and may not want them, but I think They are at least owed an appearance of some sort. Not just a cinematic scene either, but something physically in the game. I know the story might not allow for this but still would be cool in my book.

Actually, aside from mass starvation brought on by an inability to farm most crops, the brutes are fine in numbers. They were settled on resource-rich planets to stop them kicking off another war.

Anyway, the Jiralhanae never stopped fighting the Sangheili, the Great Schism is ongoing as of 2559, at least. However, they lately fragmented following the collapse of the Covenant and are more concerned fighting each other than anyone else. Some militia groups have used the Jiralhanae as soldiers, though the covenant operated by Jul 'Mdama does not use them, due to said person's hatred of that species. So unless they introduce yet another Covenant faction (Bear in mind there are two already+Forerunners+UNSC+ONI), something I highly doubt, the chance of a Jiralhanae presence in Halo 5 is more or less nil.

From a non-lore standpoint, I would welcome the return of the Jiralhanae into the fold. More enemy variety pls.

• Like 1

I doubt their appearance as well. It's just one of those things where I don't see it happening because of the games direction, coupled with the Lore reasons provided by BaconShelf. I'd like them back, but I give it less than a 5% chance of them being in Halo 5.

Now the Flood... That's where I am betting my money.

Of course, they same day I say something about my optimism of them being in the game, the Flood are confirmed to not be in the game. I am having a hard time coping with this.

I still have that Escalation pic of the Baby flood to sooth my mind. We will see them again one day. Just a matter of time.

j3cq0odybhiw0szpag5v.jpg

and I swear if it's in a Halo Wars 2 I'm going to cry tears of sadness.

Edited by rrhuntington

Of course, they same day I say something about my optimism of them being in the game, the Flood are confirmed to not be in the game. I am having a hard time coping with this.

I still have that Escalation pic of the Baby flood to sooth my mind. We will see them again one day. Just a matter of time.

j3cq0odybhiw0szpag5v.jpg

and I swear if it's in a Halo Wars 2 I'm going to cry tears of sadness.

It was never even implied they were going to be in Halo 5. Maybe a reference near the end. But now, the next flood combat is going to be the big one when the Precursors return in force. IE- Halo 7, earliest.

Halo 7, earliest.

*Destroys Self*

Was it ever implied that the Flood were not going to be in the game? There are these things called surprises you know? ala Halo CE. Pessimistically optimistically wrong I always am.  

Story wise I can wait though. The payoff's gonna be big when we see them again... I'm hoping this at least.

Edited by rrhuntington

*Destroys Self*

Was it ever implied that the Flood were not going to be in the game? There are these things called surprises you know? ala Halo CE. Pessimistically optimistically wrong I always am.  

Story wise I can wait though. The payoff's gonna be big when we see them again... I'm hoping this at least.

Well implications don't matter now, Josh Holmes confirmed that the flood will not make an appearance at all in Halo 5, but rather something new is making an appearance.

^

Something new eh?

The Precursors?

That's something that has not been in a Halo game before. :)

Or maybe the remaining Forerunner's return to something near the end?

That's entirely stupid. Seeing the precursors would not be something anyone would want to see. Just like seeing Chief's face. (At his current age) Especially since everyone says they're all dead. Besides, the flood is as much of a precursor as you are gonna get. 

They are precursors y'know.

Edited by Fishy

That's entirely stupid. Seeing the precursors would not be something anyone would want to see. Just like seeing Chief's face. (At his current age) Especially since everyone says they're all dead. Besides, the flood is as much of a precursor as you are gonna get.

They are precursors y'know.

Some Precursors are still alive. Not all composed themselves into flood. They are incredibly few in number, like, even less than surviving forerunners, but they're there.

*Destroys Self*

Considering every build up we have been getting is suggesting the next flood invasion is big, the Halo story is planned for +30 years, that Halo 5 is a story about John and will deal with the aftermath of Halo 4 and so forth.

It's mostly the book stuff that has made it abundantly clear that the flood will not return for several years.