Halo 5 Guardians - Weapon variants and skins

TDM

Anyone around here been wondering what types of items we can see within the new REQ pack reward system? Well, luckily there is a site out there that posted additional photos and information about these weapons.

All sources linked below this post.

First up, we have the GameStop exclusive rifle. 

Here, we have the BR85 service rifle decorated in the Bloodthirst battle rifle skin, with a laser  target and scope!

This weapon has extra accuracy.

post-71054-0-23201500-1435607903.jpg

Our next weapon comes straight from the Amazon pre-order. This is the SMG, with a Long-barrel and the skin called Potence!

It is assumed this weapon has longer range.

post-71054-0-98841000-1435608000.jpg

Next up, for those of you who pre-ordered directly from Best Buy, you will be given the Longshot Assault Rifle with a Recoil Compensator. Decorated with the Steel skin!

This weapon has less recoil.

post-71054-0-79757000-1435607998.jpg

And for anyone here who pre-ordered from the Microsoft store, you will be given one of the coolest looking weapons I've ever laid eyes on... The Recon Assault Rifle with an Energy Bayonet, decorated with the Lagrange skin!

This weapon has a buff on melee attacks.

post-71054-0-65088400-1435607999.jpg

As of now, there is still one weapon that doesn't have a pre-order location yet, and that is the Recon DMR, with a silencer and decorated with the Clash skin!

This weapon is suppressed, and most likely will not have many effects due to it.

post-71054-0-45513200-1435608000.jpg

And for anyone who is worried about never getting these, don't fret! Josh has confirmed that you can indeed, get these skins in variations from normal playtime. All you need is a little luck with your REQ packs. ;)

Sources: 1. http://mp1st.com/2015/06/24/new-halo-5-guardians-weapon-skin-pre-order-bonuses-guaranteed-on-day-one/#.VZGiQvlViko

2. https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/613463164445814784

Edited by The Friendly AI
  • Like 4

Silenced DMR... More like suppressed. Unless it has absolutely no sound whatsoever when it's fired. It's suppressed. And hides you from radar? Lol. I'm pretty sure you'll still be spotted on the radar. Almost majority of players move while they shoot, they don't sit still. Unless they have the sniper rifle.

Lagrange... That name bothers me. Makes me think of LAG.

That SMG with long barrel though... For those of you who do not know. A long barrow increases range... So if you're killed from the distance with the SMG, you'll know why. However, it's like a 15% range increase. If they're doing what Call of Duty did. However, I haven't used the SMG in Halo 5 ever. So the long barrel might be useless, unless that's the only weapon attachment it gets. Then, however, I would take that any day.

And Longshot Assault Rifle? What... What. That name, and the less recoil together... Make it sound horrifying. Especially if it's as powerful as Halo 4's Assault Rifle.

However, I'm getting the Battle Rifle. Yay....

• Like 2

The BR, SMG, and DMR skins kind of look like the Asiimov from CS:GO :D The skins look nice and weapon variants seem awesome. Too bad you have to buy like 5 copies of Halo 5G to get them all. They should make these attainable by achievements in game, but I think you said you could. I like the Assault Rifle with the Energy Bayonet and the Silenced/Suppresed DMR. I'm really looking forward to these. :)

I'm shocked that no one is flipping their lid over performance enhancements in gameplay.

The fact that certain preorders give a player a more powerfull or more responsive weapon out of the gate kibd of negates the "arena style" gameplay that 343i has been toughting and quite obviously does not understand. This is looking more and more like the f2p Halo Online weapon set everyday.

And no that is NOT a good thing. Whats next? Weapon rentals for Cr???

I'm shocked that no one is flipping their lid over performance enhancements in gameplay.

The fact that certain preorders give a player a more powerfull or more responsive weapon out of the gate kibd of negates the "arena style" gameplay that 343i has been toughting and quite obviously does not understand. This is looking more and more like the f2p Halo Online weapon set everyday.

And no that is NOT a good thing. Whats next? Weapon rentals for Cr???

Actually, as far as I have looked into it. These weapon enhancements don't work outside of Warzone and certain playlists. So that's no big deal then, and Warzone is big enough with a lot of people with preorders, nobody is really going to care. People are going to be more upset about dying in general, than actually being killed by a weapon with buff. 

Can you confirm that these weapons are "warzone" only?  And even if it is Warzone only, you can't just assume that enough people preorder to NOT make it fair or unbalanced.

You can unlock the weapons in-game, you don't have to preorder. Source.

And I do not know for sure about the Warzone only. I'm just assuming it is, because their whole arena-style multiplayer. Whereas Warzone obviously does not have that.

I understand that you can unlock them in-game regardless...but they have been very vague on how to unlock them or what the cost/requirements will be.  That is the part that worries me about it.  For all we know, it could take you months of grinding to unlock a certain weapon.

This weapon is silenced, and most likely won't give away your location on radar. It's all speculation on this weapon.

That's not how radar works! :)

Can you confirm that these weapons are "warzone" only?  And even if it is Warzone only, you can't just assume that enough people preorder to NOT make it fair or unbalanced.

Its Warzone only; repeated time and time again from 343i officials on Waypoint, twitter....

And tbh these gameplay enhancements barely exist. Adding a scope on an AR doesn't mean anything if the player scoping in cannot aim as well as the player who doesn't have a scope. 

Scoping gives the player a longer and tighter range. That mechanic is already confirmed.

As fir actual aim....noone can aim. Most players are pray and spray anyway who cant keep up a 50% hit accuracy.

The point is Caboose, I work 60+ hours a week. what chance do i have to really unlock the extra upgrade weapons in a reasonable amount of time? THIS is exactly why I stopped playing Halo. The gsme rewards time spent in excess to gain the unlockabkes rather than just plain old basic weapon sets from the go. Again, Halo 5 is NOT, I repeat NOT an arena shooter. It is the furthest thing from it.

I understand that you can unlock them in-game regardless...but they have been very vague on how to unlock them or what the cost/requirements will be.  That is the part that worries me about it.  For all we know, it could take you months of grinding to unlock a certain weapon.

Tim Longo has confirmed in the Warzone ViDoc that anything you unlock that is cosmetic will carry over to both Arena and Warzone. But any variants will not for the sake of balance.

EDIT: I edited the original post to fix the "Silence" issue.

. Again, Halo 5 is NOT, I repeat NOT an arena shooter. It is the furthest thing from it.

You're just not keeping up with whats going on with Halo 5

It has two SEPARATE Multiplayer modes

Arena = Equal starts. Same as Halo CE - 3. We played the Halo 5 Arena Beta so we know this is true.

Warzone = A more casual approach with elements taken more from Halo 4. It is an entirely separate experience from Arena multiplayer. Warzone has its own maps dedicated for Warzone only(since the maps are so big) and Warzone cannot be played in custom games and is dedicated servers only(due to the X1's limitations since Warzone features 24 players + AI.) Halo 5 Warzone was playable at E3 and we know this above information to be true.

With Halo 5 you do not have to touch Warzone at all. So yes it is an Arena shooter. However what you mean to say is that Warzone is the farthest thing ever from Arena multiplayer, and thats OK!!! Options! Choices! Let people pick what they want to play!

Now about your comments on earning REQ packs.....

We're not entirely sure how long it will take. Basic idea is that you earn them for leveling up and good performance. However REQ packs in the Arena portion of multiplayer are cosmetic only. They provide 0 benefits and are only for looks. REQ packs in Warzone do provide weapon variants that can give you a slight edge in battle. However this is counter-balanced with Warzones energy system. I would love to explain it but this post is long enough. The short version is that this energy system prevents players from starting off with GOD TIER ASSAULT RIFLE XX and rather they have to earn this weapon by earning points throughout the match. Based on players reactions to the energy system from the time Halo players at E3 got to play it. The general reaction is that its fair. The energy system works in way that lets the match slowly get more intense with everyone starting on foot then in the late game of the match there are vehicles and things grow hectic, etc. 

Leveling up in the Halo 5 Arena Beta wasnt a hassle or a time waster. So it would be safe to assume you earn one REQ pack per level-up or good performance. Of course it is unfortunate for those who do have lives and cannot play Halo as much as others but the sad truth there can be no perfect system to accommodate everyones needs. 

343i has given us options with Halo 5. Those of us who wanted a return to classic Halo MP now have the Arena portion(and if you want to argue against Spartan Abilities, etc. Those can be turned off in custom game settings so the community can host their own tournaments without Spartan Abilities.) and those of us who wanted the Halo 4 approach now have Warzone. There are very few things to be mad about regarding the approach 343i has taken. Of course it could be an utter flop but so far things their ears are tuned to what the community is saying and they have been reacting on that feedback in a way that answers the wants the community at large has.

TL;DR

Halo 5 has two multiplayer modes

Arena which is akin to Halo CE - 3

Warzone which resembles Halo 4 and modern shooters.

They are separate and you can play only one if you like

Halo 5 is Arena shooter confirmed. 

I seem to recall the same claims when Halo 4 was near launch. Of coarse everyone thinks it's what the community wants based on what they were shown or what they were selectively allowed to play. Everything that I have seen up to this point, can't say I find anything that even remotely looks like Halo anymore. Again...the reason why I won't play Halo anymore. It's gotten way to complicated when it didn't need to be. It got way to advanced and morphed into something it didn't need to be. Again, for all the flack and crap people like to gove CoD...it STILL OUT SELLS HALO!!!!! CoD does integration of new things correclty. You can't argue the proof in the sales and matchmaking numbers.

Honestly I just don't personally like anything about Halo past Reach. I don't expect anyone to agree with my point of view or personal taste. You could show me a million things about Halo 5. You could show me a PC version with an HEK and I still wouldn't touch it.

Edited by Twinreaper
  • Like 2

CoD does outsell Halo, that is pure fact. 

But if you're looking at what CoD is now doing, it's trying to morph into a little bit of every genre of shooter. Once they stepped into the future territory, that was their chance to start taking concepts from other games, like Titanfall, Halo... Any sci-fi shooter out there, without making it look like their just mooching off of those concepts. 

Halo borrowed Ground Pound from a certain move in Titanfall (Something similar to ground pound) - But it made it seem easier to work. 

Honestly, in my opinion, Halo is just fine. It's fresh, it plays great, and on top of all of that it's just fun. 

It's not too hard to operate, it's actually really simple once you get around the learning curve. 

If anything, everyone will benefit much better by judging the game after at least a month of it being out. 

Now.. I'd appreciate it if my news thread had become less of a house toward debate.. :no:

I understand that you can unlock them in-game regardless...but they have been very vague on how to unlock them or what the cost/requirements will be. That is the part that worries me about it. For all we know, it could take you months of grinding to unlock a certain weapon.

To my understanding, it's more like Battlefield battlepacks.

If you don't like what they're doing, don't buy the game. Simple.

That's my approach to SWBF, I don't understand why people but games they don't want to play.