New Member Promotion Structure!

RedStarRocket91

I noticed Twam's update earlier, so it's nice to be about to say now this is a good idea, and I hope it continues to inspire members to post high quality posts and to be the best members they can.

• Like 3

Good to see the like system getting some love. It needed the attention.

Quality posts finally matter! :D

Quality posts don't necessarily matter. Infact, you just have to post something agreeable with the Community. Quality still matters, imo, but that's not the only way to achieve likes. A lot of members make quality posts, majority of them have no likes. You just gotta get people to agree with you on a like-basis.

That said, it looks like this reputation system will work dandy. Should update the site rules with this, just in case. For any new members who join the community and don't know this exists. That's if they even read the rules...

I'm already over halfway to Legendary! ^_^

• Like 4

Time to start spamming so get people to like me more. :)

MWAHAHA UNLIMITED POWER SHALL BE MINE!

On a slightly serious note.... ( when am I ever serious )

Good to see finally we have a new member group!

Even if its not new it just makes one member group easier to get to.

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1

I just Noticed that the Like names have changed. Like my "Looked up to" has changed to "Inspiring". That Change needs to be put in the Ranks and Colors thread too. I don't know what all has changed with that either. I just see a few new names for like Counts.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

My only concern os the "Creating a Topic" to farm likes. Myself included have at times made various posts not with the intent of people liking it, but to achieve awareness and draw members to a particular issue/view or otherwise content that the OP has found important.

How will the mods judge what type of post or created topic is of "farming intent". Personally I am not worried about that for myself, but I feel ot's something that would be a good guideline to understand so that members don't make a mistake here and there.

• Like 3

Posts that don't deserve likes get likes, and post that do deserve like don't get them. Hypothetically, if this post got a like,  it wouldn't have deserved it; everyone should agree on this. 

Undeserving posts do get many likes: Posts such as funny gifs, videos, and close-minded opinions that others happen to agree with

Not liking funny gifs and the like will stop the funny, AND I LIKE MY FUNNY. They don't require much effort, but still, half of them are genius. 

• Like 4

My only concern os the "Creating a Topic" to farm likes. Myself included have at times made various posts not with the intent of people liking it, but to achieve awareness and draw members to a particular issue/view or otherwise content that the OP has found important.

How will the mods judge what type of post or created topic is of "farming intent". Personally I am not worried about that for myself, but I feel ot's something that would be a good guideline to understand so that members don't make a mistake here and there.

Put simply, boosting intent for these kinds of posts will be if they're something alone the lines of 'I'm making this topic specifically to boost likes, and I'll give likes to everyone who posts here if they like my post as well', or 'Hey, I'm bored, so I made this topic just so you can give me likes'. There really is no hidden agenda here and we're certainly not going to start second-guessing people's intentions. We're talking open, overt and deliberate attempts to gain reputation without putting any effort into actually creating something worth liking.

If you post something that's good, and interesting, and people appreciate it enough to give you a like? We'll notice once it starts attracting attention - we do read everything, after all - but so long as it actually contributes something to the forums, then we don't care why you've done it, because even if you've only created it to gain reputation it's still adding value to the site. Shakespeare wrote for money, not art, after all!

• Like 1

Time to start spamming so get people to like me more. :)

MWAHAHA UNLIMITED POWER SHALL BE MINE!

On a slightly serious note.... ( when am I ever serious )

Good to see finally we have a new member group!

Even if its not new it just makes one member group easier to get to.

If you maintain your current like/post ratio, you'll need about 7486 or so posts before you become legendary.

So good luck with that.

• Like 3

With a name like Like Cabooster..,.you'll be Legendary in no time. On a serious note though, what TD said is true. If you can commit to following the same posting style I do you would be better off.

I'm not trying to say that you don't contribute in any way, but you could be more detailed and informational with your responses. For example howoften do you ever see me respond or start a post that isn't at least 300+ words long or like a small novel? That is why my ratio is almost 1:1 in numbers.

• Like 3

^
^

WOL, your name was purple when I woke up, grey when I got home from school and now as prepare to go to sleep in about an hour you are purple again. 

anyway onto the point of this post. Twin I will try to make my posts much longer. Your feedback is much awesome and I feel like it is going to make me a much more valuable member of the community. So I don't spent many many life times making thousands of posts. Because you see I really really want to become yellow. Redstar who lives in Teyrnside or whatever who also happens to be Scottish not like he is every going to admit it! He gave me a taste of power! And no this isn't an attempt to drag out the post at all..........

I will try to make my posts much longer as Twin said some of them came be quite short and the name Cabooster can only go so far. I need to make them much more detailed with more logic and reasoning inside to people eat my opinion and like it. Then perhaps they could like the post or I just start posting funny yet irrelevant pictures, WOL, works for most people  Point is I am really going to try to extended my posts pointlessly.

Okay, better get started on making this post longer..... wait, I already did, this stuff is easy! Legendary member here I come! :D

• Like 1

Hey TD (or Red) could you put a list of the new Reputation ranks? like how many likes to achieve each rep rank as well, I'm curious what new names have been cooked up :heart:

I actually thought I'd done this - must have forgotten to save the edit! It's fixed now, you can view the updated reputation ranks at the bottom of the post here.

• Like 1

I disagree with the Legendary members being open by "likes" or "posts". It's meant for people who have done a great service to the forum, to sustain it. That's what I hold it to. Undoubtly, there are members on the forum worthy of it. I kinda feel like I been slapped in the face a bit by this decision. In the end it's your decision. On one more note, since current Legendaries do not have "2000 likes" Do we get demoted? I hope not....

I have to disagree Tyrael. Not to toot my own horn but just my posts, knowledge and reputation should have seen me as Legendary ages ago. Imagine how I felt to see people given such a status just because they held a staff position...and not given on merit, contribution or any other forum attribute. Even horrible staffers can be given the title.

• Like 3