343 please fix this before you let out anniversary

Infinite LuLz

Now that bloom and sword block is gone and almost everyone is happy I would like to announce a few problems that has also been created that needs to be removed eminently.

First of all, the removal of bloom have made precision a must, which is in fact great, but there is a problem with it.

Before it was not that effective but now it changes the whole game: people move from side to side all the time when they get into close combat, which is a good tactic and takes skill... until the opponent does the same.

It then imminently becomes a random spamming fight where the winner is random and the kill doesn't even give satisfaction.

I ask you (343) to make it take a little bit longer(about a quarter of a second) to change direction. And to compensate, make the jump height 110% more to not turn us into walking ghost meals.

The second problem is sword block, and as I hate it, the rest of the community love it. So you win there, but the sword is now over-powered since the carrier move faster than other players.

All I am asking about is that you remove the ability to move faster when carrying a sword, as you doesnt while carrying a shotty or a hammer.

So could you please take this into consideration at least, and give me replies on what you think(dont mind the spelling, I am norwegian lol)

• Like 2

Now that bloom and sword block is gone and almost everyone is happy I would like to announce a few problems that has also been created that needs to be removed eminently.

First of all, the removal of bloom have made precision a must, which is in fact great, but there is a problem with it.

Before it was not that effective but now it changes the whole game: people move from side to side all the time when they get into close combat, which is a good tactic and takes skill... until the opponent does the same.

It then imminently becomes a random spamming fight where the winner is random and the kill doesn't even give satisfaction.

I ask you (343) to make it take a little bit longer(about a quarter of a second) to change direction. And to compensate, make the jump height 110% more to not turn us into walking ghost meals.

The second problem is sword block, and as I hate it, the rest of the community love it. So you win there, but the sword is now over-powered since the carrier move faster than other players.

All I am asking about is that you remove the ability to move faster when carrying a sword, as you doesnt while carrying a shotty or a hammer.

So could you please take this into consideration at least, and give me replies on what you think(dont mind the spelling, I am norwegian lol)

I like the way you think, this could actually be a legitimate way to make reach better. The player movement and jumping has been bogus since day one but now its flaws are showing more and more.

I never noticed that the player movement field was increased beyond the other weapons. Interesting and real good find Lulz.. I never use the sword much so I prolly didn't catch it for that reason.

The bloom issue is a bit more complicated though. In order to create the changes they needed to answer the call of a majority of the community, they had to alter a total of 7 different fields of weapon data to achieve the effects you see now in the TU. Unfortunatly, those 7 fields are all inderectly liked, but must be changed in order for the changes to work properly...so my guess is, we are stuck with what we see.

I never did see any issue with the jump height but you do bring up a valid point with it. I may have to see about digging into a few things to see if I can uncover the jump height they set compared to the previous titles. Good finds and points though. Much more effort than most of the comlaint threads floating around lately. Kudos!

Np Lulz. Normally I would pull out techical game data from the tag set used in the game to slam and humiliate most people who post this kind of stuff, but you sir are much different. You actually have a good concept of the game and the way it plays. Your ideas and observations make your point valid and null and void from any type of slander. We need more people like you around here. I am soooo tired of the ones we normally get who just bash the game all day. In most cases if people played more with the same passion they have for hating the game, they might actually learn to like it.

Np Lulz. Normally I would pull out techical game data from the tag set used in the game to slam and humiliate most people who post this kind of stuff, but you sir are much different. You actually have a good concept of the game and the way it plays. Your ideas and observations make your point valid and null and void from any type of slander. We need more people like you around here. I am soooo tired of the ones we normally get who just bash the game all day. In most cases if people played more with the same passion they have for hating the game, they might actually learn to like it.

I often read other posts and replies that people post on sites like this to find out and adapt to how I should act formally on different places, so I know how to act around here and what people mean about stuff.

Just dont do it in real life, you will be disgusted by how society works, you get incredibly many friends though :)

Man, sorry if that was a little socially awkward but its true.

Hey LuLz, I'm not too sure I quite understand what you mean by the problem with "up-close-combat + strafing + spamming". Yes, precision is key and is essentially one of the factors in skill gap, but I have not had a problem with no bloom and close quarters combat at all. In fact I have still been able to pull off 5 shot kills close range against other good players. Of course it will sometimes take 6 or 7 shots because I'll miss a shot or two, but that happens all the time regardless if it's close combat or mid-distance fights. If I were that consistent I'd be getting paid to play this game.

I guess my point is, I don't quite grasp the point you're trying to make, if you could explain it to me a bit more (with some videos too maybe?) I could better understand what you feel is wrong with the game. So far I felt the no bloom worked perfectly fine, and definitely created a bigger skill gap that removed a lot of the randomness factor that was coupled with the implementation of bloom.

Thanks,

Mir

Hey LuLz, I'm not too sure I quite understand what you mean by the problem with "up-close-combat + strafing + spamming". Yes, precision is key and is essentially one of the factors in skill gap, but I have not had a problem with no bloom and close quarters combat at all. In fact I have still been able to pull off 5 shot kills close range against other good players. Of course it will sometimes take 6 or 7 shots because I'll miss a shot or two, but that happens all the time regardless if it's close combat or mid-distance fights. If I were that consistent I'd be getting paid to play this game.

I guess my point is, I don't quite grasp the point you're trying to make, if you could explain it to me a bit more (with some videos too maybe?) I could better understand what you feel is wrong with the game. So far I felt the no bloom worked perfectly fine, and definitely created a bigger skill gap that removed a lot of the randomness factor that was coupled with the implementation of bloom.

Thanks,

Mir

They move in sic-sac, or do use that word in english, I dont know.

Well in that case, if you do, they move in sic-sac while shooting as fast as they can at the other player, until he/she dies. It works perfectly and gives fast kills, but when both sides does it it becomes a random spamming fight. It can often last very long and makes the two players easy kills for everyone that comes from the side or behind. This tactic is even worse at long distance, because when you get hit you move away from your scope.

And bloom, by the way, is not random at all, you see. It was made to prevent people using the dmr as a tool of mass destruction on big maps. The reticule only becomes larger so the person you are sniping get time to cover. If it where not there, 343 would have to remove big team battle from halo reach.

When spamming, your reticule becomes larger, you knew that before didn't you. Okay did you know that the second reticule that is outside the small one when you do not shoot is the same size of the BR reticule.

And that reticule doesn't disappear when you shoot, it stays with a darker color. And to top it... the shots doesn't go outside this reticule.

So if you are smart you would now know that the DMR has more accuracy than the BR that everybody loved, so all the people complaining about the lack of accuracy... are wrong.

The aiming skill and accuracy was never completely removed, and pacing is bull****! I found this out just before the update and if you use it correctly, everyone on close quarters will now be as easy to kill as jackals. Except for the other people who have read this post.

Good luck with your killtacular.

Can someone translate that for me^? I'm seriously having a hard time following your thought process Infinite LulZ, and i'm not making fun of you or anything. I'm assuming English isn't your first language?

Anyway, I'm more confused now that you claim bloom is not random? How is bloom not random...If I shoot a wall as fast as I can, there's a bigger spread than if I shoot as fast as I can with no bloom. I.e. - When there is no bloom, my shots hit where I aimed. With bloom, there was a factor of randomness because it would sometimes promote the spammer to win fights even though the other person was pacing.

And you say that people are spamming with no bloom? I wouldn't really call it spamming because everyone can shoot that fast, so in the end, whoever can pull off all 5 shots faster than the other person wins the fight. It's spamming when there is bloom involved, but when you take out bloom, it's no longer spamming because everyone is on the same playing field.

they done what fans asked them to do with bloom and i few other things, i agree with the sword but the other thing you mentioned dosnt matter that dosnt impact the game play all that much, people are just nit picking now to make these changes when its not necessary nothing else needs to be changed and thats it

The whole bloom thing is all wrong. The bloom everyone talks about is a simple HUD widget reticule. yes the reticule blooms, but that little expanding and contracting reticule is not what controls the weapon. All weapon characteristics except for damage modifiers are controlled and layed out in the [weap] tag. At no point ever, has the reticule ever been anything but a visualization to the player to allow them to see where they are aiming. The "bloom" removal, is done using MegaloScript. MegaloScript executes a simple set of memory edits to adjust weapon tag parameters and disable the blooming the of the reticule.

If you were to disable the reticule from blooming as the only change, the weapon would still fire the same. We all remember the blind skull right? There is no HUD or reticule present, yet the weapon fires the same. That is because the HUD and reticule are simple extensions of the weapon itself and do not control anything. You could replace the HUD on the DMR with the HUD from the needler, and the wepaon would still fires the same. Hope that clears it up a bit.

• Like 1

idk im byas to the sword, i like the it because its realistic, if i drop an AR to pick up an ES than why shouldnt i move faster? and too those that just run in circles fighting i agree it's annoying. i hate it, but i adapt and live with the fact they beat me. its a game. Im just in it to enjoy. I mean yea realism is cool but this is Halo. This is a SciFi game, and it unique and realistic in its own ways. Im not disagreeing with you but im not agreeing with you. Understand?

They move in sic-sac, or do use that word in english, I dont know.

Well in that case, if you do, they move in sic-sac while shooting as fast as they can at the other player, until he/she dies. It works perfectly and gives fast kills, but when both sides does it it becomes a random spamming fight*. It can often last very long and makes the two players easy kills for everyone that comes from the side or behind. This tactic is even worse at long distance, because when you get hit you move away from your scope**.

And bloom, by the way, is not random at all, you see***. It was made to prevent people using the dmr as a tool of mass destruction on big maps. The reticule only becomes larger so the person you are sniping get time to cover. If it where not there, 343 would have to remove big team battle from halo reach.

When spamming, your reticule becomes larger, you knew that before didn't you. Okay did you know that the second reticule that is outside the small one when you do not shoot is the same size of the BR reticule.

And that reticule doesn't disappear when you shoot, it stays with a darker color. And to top it... the shots doesn't go outside this reticule.

So if you are smart you would now know that the DMR has more accuracy than the BR that everybody loved, so all the people complaining about the lack of accuracy... are wrong****.

The aiming skill and accuracy was never completely removed, and pacing is bull****! I found this out just before the update and if you use it correctly, everyone on close quarters will now be as easy to kill as jackals. Except for the other people who have read this post.

Good luck with your killtacular.

* So your suggesting that when using the DMR its only ever spamming when 2 people are engaged actively in a 1v1? And that you can only be called a skilled player who doesn't spam if you get all your kills on players who haven't seen you/ aren't looking at you when you start shooting?

** Good players are able to scope back in after being 'pinged' out of Scope and continue the DMR battle even at long ranges. I know I can and I'm NOT a Halo Pro. If you can't then that's your downfall, not the games.

*** Bloom made Halo a much slower FPS, just like Armor Lock still does. Slower paced games require less skill as your decision making isn't pressured and therefore neither are you. The reason many players complain about No-Bloom now is because precision players with good aim experienced a massive boost with the Title Update and the more 'social' players now get stomped on, often leaving games early and what not. Bloom blurred the gap between Skill levels because players who are good with Precision weapons were held back not only by the randomness of the bullets but also the fact it slowed down their Rate of Fire in an effort to amend the lack of accuracy that Bloom cursed them with. A weapon that fires dead centre of a 'reticle' is accurate even when fired at the highest Rate of Fire, but that doesn't instantly make you Accurate with it. You have to develop your own skills instead of complaining about how good other players have become now because of the removal of the one thing stopping them from utilising the weapon to its full potential.

**** Irrelevant. The DMR post TU with No-Bloom is the be all and all to Accurate Weapons because at the highest RoF the bullets go dead centre.

* So your suggesting that when using the DMR its only ever spamming when 2 people are engaged actively in a 1v1? And that you can only be called a skilled player who doesn't spam if you get all your kills on players who haven't seen you/ aren't looking at you when you start shooting?

** Good players are able to scope back in after being 'pinged' out of Scope and continue the DMR battle even at long ranges. I know I can and I'm NOT a Halo Pro. If you can't then that's your downfall, not the games.

*** Bloom made Halo a much slower FPS, just like Armor Lock still does. Slower paced games require less skill as your decision making isn't pressured and therefore neither are you. The reason many players complain about No-Bloom now is because precision players with good aim experienced a massive boost with the Title Update and the more 'social' players now get stomped on, often leaving games early and what not. Bloom blurred the gap between Skill levels because players who are good with Precision weapons were held back not only by the randomness of the bullets but also the fact it slowed down their Rate of Fire in an effort to amend the lack of accuracy that Bloom cursed them with. A weapon that fires dead centre of a 'reticle' is accurate even when fired at the highest Rate of Fire, but that doesn't instantly make you Accurate with it. You have to develop your own skills instead of complaining about how good other players have become now because of the removal of the one thing stopping them from utilising the weapon to its full potential.

**** Irrelevant. The DMR post TU with No-Bloom is the be all and all to Accurate Weapons because at the highest RoF the bullets go dead centre.

Number one is wrong: I meant when two players are in a close fight to each other and both start moving from side to side and shoot it becomes random, not that one on one battles are random, just in that one case.

But for the rest you owned me, except that I think you should be considering you self a pro if you can scope back on someone that is spamming in your face at long range on hermorage. I still haven't sen a single player able to do that and ive been playing reach for over a year.