Ben from hunt the truth...

ONI had captured Ben, and killed him. They harvested his brain, and then turned him into an AI you see in Hunt The Signal.

Specifically, Lockes AI. There is a lot of irony in all of this. Ben's hero is the Master Chief.

Locke will use Ben to hunt down the master chief, and eliminate him.

There you have it, all in a nut shell.

• Like 2

So no spoiler, just straight to the point? Wow. I could see all of this in the Recent Posts. Lol. I feel sorry for those who are upset by accidently reading this, thinking it was just some sort of discussion.

I warned everybody in the shoutbox :P

I warned everybody in the shoutbox :P

I didn't see the post in the shoutbox, lol. I saw it in Recent Posts and the Thread in Recent Topics, so I clicked on it like I do all the others. ;)

Initially though, to cover up spoilers I'd say put in like 100 characters of text explaining the topic before hand, without giving anything away, then post the spoiler. I accidently have done this before, and believe me. It's embarassing, especially if you get no replies. :blushing:

My, my, my. That ending was depressing. :(

Ben had Oni by the throat, he was so close but in the end it all blew up in his face.

Ben is probably dead but I still hope he is rescued by Blue Team in Halo 5 as Ben is the most interesting character in the Halo universe right now.

Plastic, your theory, while interesting is too far fetched.

^

What that they captured Ben and made him into an AI, for what purpose?! :D

It is pretty clear he is either captured or killed by ONI, this AI theory just seems to ridiculous.

Though I don't think I have gotten my point across too well, oh well.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

The HTS AI is the scientist from the end of Mortal Dictata, who committed suicide upon completion of the SPARTAN-II program and his last wish for his brain to be an AI template.

That AI is BB, from the K5 trilogy.

Furthermore, why would Ben be used as an AI? He has no particular talent for use in an AI matrix and he is classed as a terrorist by the UEG, why on earth would they use him in the creation of an AI?

The Artemis software is a piece of kit not unlike VISR from ODST installed in the GEN2 MJOLNIR harness, for location of alternate routes and weapons caches for soldiers; Blue Team is not outfitted with this. Osiris is.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 2

^

That makes the theory even worse! :)

ONI went through all the trouble just to make him an AI for Locke?!

They stripped an entire apart meant block of people and took out Bens room.

Supplied all those actors.

And finally they left all those files there for Ben to take that could screw them over if the public found out.... Just to make Ben an AI!?

I think Baconshelf already debunked this idea but that last post pretty much destroys it.

ONI could make Ben into an AI for Locke but Ben's brain isn't extraordinary. He's a war journalist with good connections. I have to agree with my master Caboose that this idea is farfetched. This is something ONI would do just to be cynical but it doesn't provide them any advantages.

• Like 2

As I explained, the idea propose by OP is pretty much invalid.

Artemis is not an AI, and Ben is nowhere near the mental capacity required for an AI. The sans seen in HuntTheSignal are the scans used to create the AI Black-Box, from Kilo-5.

Why couldn't ONI have taken advantage of Ben's terrorist actions by making something good out of it, an AI? It shows that ONI is resourceful but flawed.

AI's are extremely expensive to make, and require the subject to be dead to create. Furthermore, the only type of people who can be made into AI have to posess incredible mental facilities, people who are top scientists and researchers for the UNSC and ONI, the likes of Catherine Halsey, William Arthur Iqbal and the Spartan-II scientists. Furthermore, UNSC loyalty is a must go stop a program a panel of taking down any firewall rebelling.

Ben is literally the last choice anyone would want for an AI.

@BaconShelf, I think they're talking about the non-volitional AI commissioned by Locke to analysing and determining weaknesses in the MJOLNIR armor of Spartans that go outside operational parameters. 

@@Everyone Calm Down else, The non-volitional AI commissioned for STOLEN GAUNTLET - the name for a Spartan going AWOL - are the player teams in Hunt the Signal.

Edited by PlasmaCasterNotARealBow