NO MORE BR AND DMR STARTS!!! THANK GOD!!!

Now that the AR has Smart Scope, it actually holds its own at a considerable range but it's not a "dominant weapon" like the BR was in Halo 2, or how the DMR was in Halo Reach. Those two weapons in those games in particular were good at all ranges, so there was little point in using other weapons. In Halo 3, 4 (post-tuning) and 5, balancing is FAR better as there isn't one entirely-dominant weapon; each weapon has its own role, and its own weaknesses.

The AR in Halo 5 is much more versatile than the AR was in other games. In Halo CE, it was good but it felt like an SMG; High fire-rate, high spread, little range. In Halo 4 it was similar, except it had a lower fire rate but more firepower per round. In Halo 3 and Reach, it was next to useless so starting with it in those games was terrible, which is why everyone voted for Slayer BRs in 3 and DMRs in Reach. But in Halo 5, it works as the Assault Rifle can actually outperform those two weapons in close-mid range.

^
", it works as the Assault Rifle can actually outperform those two weapons in close-mid range"

I wouldn't go that far, its not that good. :)

Its more like this....

Ar: Dominates at close range

Br: Dominates at long range

Br/Ar are at relatively even ground when at mid range.

Kinda nice to see the Ar is good for something again....

The fact that the AR is actually useful gives me hope. I always hate games with redundant weapons. Just because you can get kills with it doesn't mean it isn't redundant. Especially if you can do considerably better with the other weapons. Its nice to see 343 embracing each weapon.

Personally I like both, BR starts give an even playing field for BR slayer and the more tradition non BR starts which is more strategic weapon gain. I'd keep both

I'm not into playing dated games and starting with a AR is dated. 4v4 is also dated like a lot of things in Halo 2 that 343 needs to stay away from.

5v5 is awful

^

To add to my points above, personally I prefer Ar/Smg starts because generally people have came to rely on the Battle Rifle a lot.

Squad of grunts, Br solves that with headshots

Jackals in sight, Br solves that with headshots

Elites coming closer, Br solves that with headshots.

Now lets turn this around.

Neither of those are as effective when used with an Assault rifle because the rifle cannot score headshots as well. The amount of people I have seen getting angry about now Battle rifle starts is silly and really shows how reliant people have become on a single weapon, because that single weapon is brilliant at everything, expect one thing, Promethean Knights.

That's probably why some Halo fans hate them, Knights are bullet sponges so you are going to need a Good Ar or Suppressor to take them down, much better than a Br ever could. :)

Personally I like both, BR starts give an even playing field for BR slayer and the more tradition non BR starts which is more strategic weapon gain. I'd keep both

5v5 is awful

5v5 is not awful. This is just more biased hate towards Halo 4. I can't even pllay H2 or H2:A, yet I was once an idiot saying running wasn't needed in halo. 343 needs to stop catering to the dated fanbase. There better be a 5v5 option.

5v5 fills out the maps better and is just more fun.

^
A fanbase cannot be dated, in other words you mean, they need to stop catering to the old Halo 3/Halo 4 players.

And my answer to that is they do, and they don't. :)

You see 343 has been trying to balance the Halo 2/H3 community and the Halo Reach/H4 community.

For example sprint, You can sprint, yet your shields are impacted = striking a balance.

"5v5 fills out the maps better and is just more fun" That last part is just opinion, and it also depends on the map.

• Like 1