NO MORE BR AND DMR STARTS!!! THANK GOD!!!

THANK THE LORD FOR THIS NEWS!

Without the BR and DMR in everyones pocket to start the games we can get BACK to the way halo is supposed to be! The people like myself who ruled the world in Halo Reach will return to the throne!

I know almost nobody will agree with me because all of you have taken a liking to living by the BR. But Halo is about fighting for the weapons on the map! Making sure everyone has an AR is the beautiful BONUS!

• Like 3

I don't know about the SMG, but I am a fan of AR starts. I like both starts though because one type of start gives a whole different feeling than the other. BR starts the game already at a ranged distance, with everyone firing and strafing. AR feels more CQC and I've always enjoyed Punching my opponents in Halo. So, I can deal with both types, but I also prefer AR. 

Battle Rifle was actually considered a Power Weapon, back in Halo 2 and Halo 3. Now it's just a loadout. 

However, I do not mind this as well. But close range weapons work better for initial starts, forcing you to go to the enemy instead of sitting back. So that's a huge plus. I like this change. Thumbs up to 343.

• Like 1

The first week of the beta where with AR/Pistol starts was most certainly the most fun. People were actively going at eachother and running around the map.

I HATED the 2nd week as that featured BR/Pistol starts which made everyone hang back in the base and take potshots at eachother. Thank god for Breakout that week.

The 3rd week with BR/AR starts was enjoyable as well, but not as much as the first since people still weren't really coming out of their hidey holes.

• Like 2

Pro: People hide less

Con: When the best player gets the BR/DMR and they just wreck face against SMG/AR wielding players for half the game because those guys cant fight back

I'd rather we just have both.

I have to disagree with the con if positioned correctly I was still able to outgun a BR/DMR player in a firefight. As long as you're using the AR/Magnum to its strengths I would say you're perfectly fine.

Just dont engage someone with an BR/DMR across map or in an open area. Plus normally plenty of precision weapons spawn and they spawn frequently so finding one was nevern issue(on Empire at least)

If you want it back to the way Halo was originally meant to be, you'll be claiming for Plasma Pistol starts, none of this AR crap.

#plasmapistolstartsforHalo5

#bringbackoldHalo

#arenagameplay

Honestly, I think the AR is useless. I don't see why there'd be any need to get rid of BRs, but DMRs I can kind of get. But I agree with Melody, the pistol isn't too bad of an alternative.

It's useless because halos 4 and 5 are the only games which have shown its power.

DMR is a lot better now that it has a niche to fill (Which it kind of did in Halo 4, but not very well) as a step between assault rifle and sniper rifle, used at medium-long range encounters versus the former's short-medium and latter's long-very long range.

If anything, the battle rifle is useless; there's a reason modern militaries have sucked them off. A battle rifle fills the same role as an assault rifle, except with a larger calibre round and a resultant less ammunition. There's other minor differences, of course, but the rise of assault rifles like the M16, AK47 and FAMAS have replaced more traditional WWII era battle rifles as they perform te same job more effectively.

Halo's BR doesn't really fill a niche, it's just there. The assault rifle [should] deal with CQC-medium range fine, and a DMR to step in between that and the long-range weapons. BR is trying to do both, and becomes a lot more OP as a result; it has no failings. An AR falls short at a long range, the opposite is true for a DMR. A BR is effective at any range and thus renders the other two pretty much useless, and henceforth turning a multiplayer match into a one-gun game where there's little point using any other non-power weapon.

Which is why I stopped playing Halo 4 after it became a 4SK. I loved the pre-TU game, but the battle rifle becoming a 4 hit kill ruined the game for me.

I'm fine with AR starts as long as it's not on a map that it mid to long range. There isn't always that many DMRs/BRs on a map at any given time so how is it fair when there's only a hand full of them and there's 8 total people in the game? If even one team gets majority of them and can hold those spots down.....games over. 

• 4 weeks later...

^

Its hardly a game breaking issue is it?

If you are choosing not to buy a game simply because you have become to dependant on a weapon is just.... silly. :)

Unless you can explain yourself? ( That kinda the queue for you to make a response to this post )

I'm not into playing dated games and starting with a AR is dated. 4v4 is also dated like a lot of things in Halo 2 that 343 needs to stay away from.

^

How is it dated? Besides sometimes you start with an Smg. :D

A simple weapon start isn't dated at all, and Halo 5 is hardly dated at all.

Also 4v4 isn't dated and I don't think you even have an idea or what context you used the word dated in. Clearly like so many Halo players you have quite literally become overeliant on a single weapon to the point where you will not buy the game because you don't start with it.

No offence but that is just being dumb. Its not at all a dated concept because you are not using it in proper context so your argument is flawed to being with. But even if you were using it in proper context, your argument would still be flawed.

Anywho, that's my take on this! Caboose out.

• Like 1

Not buying Halo 5 then.

Isn't this a bit of an overreaction? Not buying a game because you don't spawn with a certain weapon hardly does the game justice.

I like the Sniper Rifle, should this now be the spawning weapon in order to make me buy the game? ...Nah.

To me the beta proved that these spawn settings worked best. Still we might see a playlist or gametype mixed in a playlist that still has the BR as starter weapon. I know Warzone does.