Here's the whole Halo 5 thingy from the Gameinformer issue. I didn't include the details from the pics in the article because it would take WAY TOO LONG to do. I'll just remind everyone that the details in my article may be incorrect inside the actual Gameinformer issue.

Oh, and you can thank Drizzy_Dan for this:

http://imgur.com/a/Zm0gi

• Like 2

They would be stupid to even consider comparing Osiris to Blue Team, no chance for Osiris. Blue Team could win with no soldier injured. I'm curious as to why John gets back up from his older allies if he's gone Rogue/AWOL.

He goes AWOL with them in Escalation. He is ordered to rest but tells them that he is cleared to go back to work. I'm personally not sure if they know this in Halo 5 or not.

^

Actually he didn't go AWOL until after Escalation.

We can presume however what happened in the recent Hunt the Truth episodes was after Chief had gone AWOL.

In the game informer issue you can tell from the little snippets of dialogue Blue team is still working for ONI during the second mission.

Perhaps they uncover something in that mission that makes them go AWOL? :)

• Like 1

Yum Yum Delicioso newz! Can't wait for E3, and I'm glad Co-op is going to be like this. In all my years of playing Halo, I've probably played Co-op and Solo Campaign more than anything besides MP. So this Ultra Exciting for me, and I can't wait till E3 shows us more.

Also, Dat Buck Head Model...

• Like 1

^

Actually he didn't go AWOL until after Escalation.

We can presume however what happened in the recent Hunt the Truth episodes was after Chief had gone AWOL.

In the game informer issue you can tell from the little snippets of dialogue Blue team is still working for ONI during the second mission.

Perhaps they uncover something in that mission that makes them go AWOL? :)

AWOL, by definition, is the absence from one's post without the intent of deserting. Chief was ordered by Lord Hood to relax and stay away from battle which is did anyway by telling his teammates that he was cleared to go on the next mission and boarding the Longsword with them. That happened in Escalation.

He seems like he is deserting the UNSC in Halo 5: Guardians.

^

I never quite understood that part of escalation. :)

What he heck did Hood expect Chief to do? Chief has no life skills, social skills and his only qualities being leadership and shooting.

That was to be 100 percent that Chief and Blue Team would go on fighting anyway.

EDIT

Besides Hood is an admiral, Spartans are the property of the Office of Naval intelligence or ONI for short.

Hood has no authority over Chief.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

^

It is not that good of a good thing. :(

No split screen is a huge kick to the teeth?

Who said no split screen? Did I miss that?

Edit: I guess I did. Well that's a bummer. But it's not a huge kick in the teeth to me, because I rarely play Campaign Split-Screen, but I can see how that would be to others.

Edited by rrhuntington

He goes AWOL with them in Escalation. He is ordered to rest but tells them that he is cleared to go back to work. I'm personally not sure if they know this in Halo 5 or not.

You may want to put massive SPOILERS for people who haven't gotten far in Escalation, or plan on reading all issues. Thanks for the info anyway.

Two things to address. :)

Yes Ruff, It is true, I believe it is mentioned in the article.

At least to play Co-op with other players is free as in, you require no gold sub.

And to UNSC Spartan, it is no secret Chief goes AWOL during the events of Halo 5 or before, no need for spoilers.

^

Now compare it to some Odst Buck. :)

Truly have we come a long way. https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/encyclopedia/characters/edward-buck/buck-thumbnail-708x398-042614fe56434c3583b119d1957d4ba5.jpg

Buck looks so much better in H5...... Its awesome.

The biggest difference I saw was how seamless his hair looked, like how real it was.

His hair and face in Odst look like they are two separate things being glued to look like one.

His hair and face look like, one thing. If that makes any sense.

Edited by Caboose The Ace