Need help with audio driver problem

Adam91

I have a Lenovo G500 laptop with windows 8.1, I got the laptop just over a year ago and I have been having problems with the sound ever since. The laptop came with Conexant SmartAudio HD audio driver and around once or twice a day (sometimes more) there would randomly be no sound when I go on youtube or something. For some reason no sound would come from the video. 

I have tried updating the driver, I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but nothing works. The only way I can get it to work is to disable the driver, re-enable it then restart the laptop. 

I was thinking it could be a hardware issue but I downloaded another audio driver (Realtek I think it was) to replace the faulty one and I had no problems with it. The reason I went back to the Conexant driver is because it has better sound quality. 

Is there way I can fix this or even download another driver that has good sound quality?

Ugh I hate audio driver errors.  Sounds like you have the same issue as this guy on another forum.  here is the link about it and a possible solution.  I would explore this more myself but I have no laptop with me to recreate or simulate the issue your having.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/33977-help-dolby-audio-driver-not-working-after-8-1-update.html

• Like 1

Ugh I hate audio driver errors.  Sounds like you have the same issue as this guy on another forum.  here is the link about it and a possible solution.  I would explore this more myself but I have no laptop with me to recreate or simulate the issue your having.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/33977-help-dolby-audio-driver-not-working-after-8-1-update.html

Tell me about it this is driving me nuts. I'll have a look at that forum and see what people have been saying and hopefully get it sorted once and for all. Thanks a lot Twin I appreciate the help.

• Like 2