Halo: The Master Chief Collection 12/05/2015 Update Notes

Halo: The Master Chief Collection 12/05/2015 Update Notes

kLXjSTO.jpg?1

We get more matchmaking maps, ranked playlists and the name for the Relic remake!

A new update is now available for the Master Chief Collection!

This update adds Team objective for the rotational playlist this month. And through extensive feedback (and alot of whining) the SWAT playlist is now permanent and Halo CE will now give us the option to vote for Slayer more often. Voting slots 1 and 2 in the Halo CE playlist will now ONLY give Slayer options.

343i is also aware of the issue that Halo CE now has the motion tracker enabled, they're already looking into resolving this.

Additionally some more maps have been added to certain playlists and updates have been made to gametypes and maps.

Here they are:

• Burial Mounds has been added to Halo 2 classic and Team Objective
  • Exile and Harvest CTF have been added to Halo 4
  • Longest has been added to Halo 4 Team Slayer
  • The occurence of Warlord BRs in Halo 2 Anniversary has been reduced
  • The Halo Chapionship Series playlist has been updated to the latest tournament settings
  • Map variants Pit Stop, Sand Tarp, Epilogue and Boundless have been added to Halo 3

We'll also get some ranked playlists that have not yet been released, but will be as soon as possible.

The playlists you can look out for are:

• Halo CE
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Team Hardcore

The remaining featured playlists will not get ranking but will be making use of skill matchmaking. Team Slayer will become unranked somewhere around June as all featured Halo titles will get individual ranking. 

"While the appeal of a who’s-the-best-all-around-Halo-Slayer ranked playlist is a particularly interesting one, we also see great value in a social slay-‘em-all experience, and we wanted to provide a head’s up in case you’re on the grind."

~Bravo

343i knows that some people want other playlists ranked or even not ranked, but they state they cannot accomodate to each individual player. Instead they'll read as much feedback as possible and will adjust likewise.

Team Doubles, Halo 3 Hardcore and 8v8 BTB are on the way but require some additional updates before they can be implemented. Team doubles will even return as a permanent playlist and will feature more variety in maps.

Halo: ODST and the Relic remake are also on the way this month and 343i has released the official name of the remake.

Which will be:

:animier:Remnant :animier: 

More details on this will be released following up to the release.

Is there anything you would like to see added/removed?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Halowaypoint

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 6

Cool. You know... I still have issues with that game. It ruined my experience. :( But hopefully I'll try it again soon. It's been a while.

Can't ruin something that never started.

BTFO

T

F

O

Super excited because Exile is my favorite map ^_^

Really glad that SWAT is here to stay!!!!!

Not sure how I feel about so much more slayer… Sure, slayer is fun, but I

like other game types as well.. Oh, well. I'm happy either way I suppose.

• Like 1

I like what 343 is doing, I really do. But I'm really hoping Halo 5 has my all-time favorite playlist: Multi-team.

343 hasn't shown much love to it in their games. Halo 4 had it for about a week, and MCC has never seen it. It was most likely my most played mode in Reach and Halo 3. I just like the idea of 4 Small Squads facing off, and I don't really care if it's 2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3, I just miss it. But maybe since it hasn't seen the light of day, that may be telling me I'm only 1 of the 3 total Halo Fans that ever liked Multi-team.

Where did Orange and Green team go? Idk do yu?

• Like 1

I like what 343 is doing, I really do. But I'm really hoping Halo 5 has my all-time favorite playlist: Multi-team.

343 hasn't shown much love to it in their games. Halo 4 had it for about a week, and MCC has never seen it. It was most likely my most played mode in Reach and Halo 3. I just like the idea of 4 Small Squads facing off, and I don't really care if it's 2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3v3, I just miss it. But maybe since it hasn't seen the light of day, that may be telling me I'm only 1 of the 3 total Halo Fans that ever liked Multi-team.

Where did Orange and Green team go? Idk do yu?

Maybe it's an upcoming rotational playlist? I enjoyed multi-team too from time to time but is wasn't that popular overall. I don't think the population ever broke 1000 players at once :S

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, BRING BACK SNIPES. <--- Sorry for the CAPS lock but that is really how I feel.  

First off we're not the official company, just a fan forum. So there's nothing we can do about the playlists.

What I can do is tell you what happened to your beloved playlist. See, 343i doesn't want to spread the population too thin with too many playlists Halo:Reach style. So they've introduced a rotational playlist to the MCC to prevent that from happening. Team snipers was the rotational playlist a few months ago and got swapped out with another playlist the next month.

There had been one case in which a rotational playlist was made a permanent one thus far which was SWAT. And that was because it was in rediculously high demand from the fanbase. Wouldn't get your hopes up for Team Snipers getting the same treatment.

I hope this clears things up a little.

First off we're not the official company, just a fan forum. So there's nothing we can do about the playlists.

What I can do is tell you what happened to your beloved playlist. See, 343i doesn't want to spread the population too thin with too many playlists Halo:Reach style. So they've introduced a rotational playlist to the MCC to prevent that from happening. Team snipers was the rotational playlist a few months ago and got swapped out with another playlist the next month.

There had been one case in which a rotational playlist was made a permanent one thus far which was SWAT. And that was because it was in rediculously high demand from the fanbase. Wouldn't get your hopes up for Team Snipers getting the same treatment.

I hope this clears things up a little.

I don't care if you're the official 343 or not. Give me back mah sniperz. I need a playlist I can boost in, because everyone who plays it sucks gasoline out of the fuel pump like they're dehydrated. It's my boosting playlist. Not just K/D, but morale. It makes me feel good when I can get 35 kills in one game and 4 deaths. 

Wake up people. People in team snipers are terrible, the people with snipers in BTB are the real enemies!