Remake or Next Gen for the Pokemon Video Game Series

Pbrabbit

Recently I've been thinking about how Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been hits for Nintendo. This remake was an extremely smart, and perfectly timed event to do. Now the question remains, after the game being out since, November 21, 2014, Fans might be starting to think about what is next after this remake. (when I say 'fans', I mean me :troll: )

Don't get me wrong, there's still much more to be done with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, time wise, but I think it is time they announce a new project, or just release some speculatory stuff about what is coming next. 

If Nintendo/GameFreak were to release a new Pokemon title, I'd either love a Remake of Crystal, or a remake of the very popular, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

If they don't do a remake, since they just did that, I have some strange feels about a new generation. I guess the question that remains is, how much longer can the Pokemon Video Game franchise just keep making new games? I mean, they do it with Halo, COD, GOW, and many other titles, but is there a limit to how many Pokemon Games there should be?

What do you guys think?

Gamefreak would be wise not to over do the remakes. I know ORAS wasn't just a 'copy and paste' they added new features that simply struck me in astonishment.

Pokemon will most defiantly have a next generation. As for remakes I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by Melody
  • Like 1

I think there has to be a healthy mix of remakes and new generations… The problem I have with Pokémon is that they make new generations too close together and I don't have a lot of time process and play the game enough to look for things I've missed the first time… I personally just like there to be space between new generations, but to each his own.

I'm happy they are remaking the Ruby/Sapphire games, they were great ones! Some of my favorite Pokémon were from that generation. Of course I still want more generations of Pokémon, just not so close together.

• Like 1

I think there has to be a healthy mix of remakes and new generations… The problem I have with Pokémon is that they make new generations too close together and I don't have a lot of time process and play the game enough to look for things I've missed the first time… I personally just like there to be space between new generations, but to each his own.

I'm happy they are remaking the Ruby/Sapphire games, they were great ones! Some of my favorite Pokémon were from that generation. Of course I still want more generations of Pokémon, just not so close together.

Couldn't agree more, plus some time spaced out would not only be helpful to their team, but helpful to everyone else as well. :)

• Like 1

I used to like Gible, but I find myself disliking them more and more.. Particularly in Mystery Dungeon games lol. Which is strange for me, because I'm usually fond of dragon types.

Wouldn't be much of a Pokemon game then. :/

You're not much of a Pokemon game.

I used to like Gible, but I find myself disliking them more and more.. Particularly in Mystery Dungeon games lol. Which is strange for me, because I'm usually fond of dragon types.

Gible goes into Garchomp though. Pseudo-Legendary. Plus if you're smart enough to know how to use him correctly, you can have a really OP Pokemon. With enough Super Training on the subject, he'll be ready to stomp in no time. Not to mention they're description is really cool; read it if you haven't. I just prefer the particular Pokemon. Gible is cute, Gabite is alright, Garchomp just makes me proud. It can learn almost every HM.

You're not much of a Pokemon game.

Gible goes into Garchomp though. Pseudo-Legendary. Plus if you're smart enough to know how to use him correctly, you can have a really OP Pokemon. With enough Super Training on the subject, he'll be ready to stomp in no time. Not to mention they're description is really cool; read it if you haven't. I just prefer the particular Pokemon. Gible is cute, Gabite is alright, Garchomp just makes me proud. It can learn almost every HM.

Fishy, Melody is right lol. Wouldn't be much of a game. 

• Like 1

But really, you just agree with Azaxx. T.T

Of course you'd think that, it's wise. But that's not why.

I used Gardevoir way before meeting Azaxx. As you should know, Gardevoir is a big hit on the fanbase. So saying that because Azaxx does, is irrelevant. 

• 1 month later...