Star Wars Battlefront trailer + New news!

Connor Kenway

Star-Wars-Battlefront_2015_04-16-15_002.

Hey guys so for those of you haven't seen the Battlefront trailer yet you can see it here:

now into the news

So last year DICE said that there wouldn't be third person in Battlefront that it would be first person only, well they've changed their minds! third person is going to be in the game.

The game will also not include a singleplayer/narrative campaign but it will have a series of short missions similar along the lines of Spartan Ops these can be played sole,co-op online or local Split-Screen these missions will be for 2 players only and are said to be made to replay on higher difficulties.

Battlefronts player cap is 40 in a game which is a lot yes but Battlefield had 64 and DICE said that 40 suits the Star Wars universe better could this mean smaller maps than Battlefield? we'll have to wait and see. 

Battlefront is getting a bonus pre-order map included which is Jakku for those who don't know Jakku is the desert planet that Star Wars Episode VII is takin place on. You will get early access to 2 maps that are set on the planet 7 days before they release on the marketplace.

111802brp.jpg

Deluxe Edition:

Battlefront has 1 known Collector Edition the physical contents are as of right now unknown but the digital content is if you get the Deluxe Edition you will have:

Instant access to:

Han Solo's blaster

Ion Detonator

MPL Ion Torpedo

Ion Shock (emote)

Victory (emote) 

Emotes? yeah I have 0 idea either maybe they function as emblems or something who knows.

Well thats it folks what do you think of Battlefront so far? is it shaping up to the game of your childhood or does it feel like Sci-fi Battlefield with all the loads of DLC? let me know below!

Edited by Mereel
  • Like 4

There appears to be a few different races in the trailer, maybe the different races will have bonuses and negatives? 

It's a bit  worrying the first 'Collectors Edition' of the game comes with guns.

I imagine the emotes will work a lot like Dark Souls' or perhaps Destiny. I hope it's like Dark Souls, that game had great emotes.

I just want a collectors edition with a big statue or something lol, not DLC weapons.

Good post Connor! 

:orly: Third Person eh? Well that is encouraging, and Campaign wasn't the biggest part of Battlefront so these Missions can probably take their place decently enough.

I'm still staying weary of this game however. Still A LOT of unknown, and the gameplay will answer a lot of questions.

My last Star Wars game was Star Wars the Clone Wars.

Star%20Wars%20The%20Clone%20Wars.jpg 

However, I will most likely be picking this one up upon release. Looks interesting and fun to play. Despite being lore or not. I don't care, all that matters to me is that I'm having fun. Thanks for posting Mereel. Appreciate it.

Okay, Third person is in. :)

That definitely encouraged me enough to have some hope left in the game after the terrible storm of bad news recently.

No single player

Dlc already announced!

No space battles

No prequel era

But hey.... this game could still be good I suppose especially with third person, I just hope it does not just a Battlefield reskin.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely disgusting. They have completely destroyed why Battlefront is; a class-based ame. Not Star Wars Battlefield.

40 players feels right for star wars? Bull. *******. ****

Battle_of_Geonosis.png

Speaking of Geonosis, Clone Wars-era has been completely removed as has space combat (It's okay guys! It's DLC!).

Yeah, I'm not getting this. I've waited 10 years or my about its game series to get another instalment, I can wait a little longer for another installment, not an abomination.

It's really quite sad that a game on the PS2 has somehow managed to have more content than a game for 8th gen consoles. Did anyone ever complain about having a few hundred AI at one on the PCs then? No. Why would anyone complain about it now? What justifies removing content to either repackage it as DLC or just pretend it's not there?

And to think I was the one trying to persuade people this game was going to be a faithful adaptation of the originals. Eugh.

• Like 1

40 players feels right for star wars? Bull. *******. ****

Speaking of Geonosis, Clone Wars-era has been completely removed as has space combat (It's okay guys! It's DLC!).

It's really quite sad that a game on the PS2 has somehow managed to have more content than a game for 8th gen consoles. Did anyone ever complain about having a few hundred AI at one on the PCs then? No. Why would anyone complain about it now? What justifies removing content to either repackage it as DLC or just pretend it's not there?

1. A lot of people complain about 64 players. You may not be one of them and thats fine but others do and find it to be a huge balancing issue. Don't worry. If the maps are well designed then 40 players will be perfect(BFBC2 had only 32 and that game felt fantastic because the maps were designed for 32 players. You lived longer and the firefights were so concentrated and meaningful which meant that tactics like flanking or bombardment felt meaningful). Rather then jumping straight to conclusions lets actually play the game to see if DICE is telling the truth.

2. Space Combat nor Clone Wars-era was NEVER promised to us. Understand that DICE started the reboot from the ground up including graphical framework. They didnt reuse assets from the canceled SWBF3(even though I believe they had access to them)

3. DICE started this game from the ground up. This includes using Frostbite as a base but updating the engine and its performance(mainly the graphical framework) to achieve what they have so far. Is it a shame we're not getting as much content as the previous games? Yes I wish DICE was given more time to accommodate for this, but at the end of the day Disney is the one calling the shots. They want the game releasing around the same timeframe as Star Wars episode 7 so that the game sells more(argue what you want that it doesnt matter when they release it SWBF will always sell but marketing statistics and practices argue against your favor)

Being mad about the game this early on isn't going to make it better. Let us wait and see what exactly DICE has made for us that justifys 44 player battles and lack of other eras. DICE has never been known to be dry on content(with or without DLC). Looking at all their past games they had plenty to offer so obviously some outside factor is at work here that must explain why SWBF may seem dry. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I'm not to excited about this, I already several things that makes me not want to get this game. The actual player count bugs me for some reason, I've played plenty of mmorpg type games and have no problem with large amounts of players, although for a Battlefront game it's odd to me as to why they would do that.

Thanks for the news Mereel. :)

• 3 weeks later...