Regarding Pre and Post-game Animations...

D-38 Boss

Animations  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the animations?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
    • ANSWER FOUR BRAH! ANSWER FOUR!

I really need to see why people feel so adamantly against them. I've played the Beta, and that was the first thing that jumped out at me that I liked. In games like Killzone 3, and Farcry 3, the post-game cutscenes showed the best players in the cutscenes, which I loved. It always felt cool to be winning a game on Killzone; and see my character leading the charge in a between-rounds cutscene. It adds personality to a game, something I find a lot of modern FPS's to be sorely lacking.

So please, explain in detail why you don't like them. And don't bother telling me they break game flow. Three seconds of your time isn't going to break the flow of your game. If three seconds out of a game makes that big of a difference for you, you may need to seek medical help, or at least go outside for a while.

• Like 2

In my honest response. I absolutely loved the animations. They were amazing and made War Games a lot more fun. They were the first thing I noticed, as well. I even called people over to check it out. They enjoyed it too. Probably my favorite new feature of the game so far.

Nothing wrong with it Jontron. I hate to see anyone actually against it. It's new, and it's cool. Adds more reason to the hype. Something most video games, specifically FPS, don't have.

• Like 2

I liked the animations as it depicted Spartan IV behaviour perfectly.

Although if it comes back I'd like to see the following improvements:

-Make the MVP stand in front istead of putting all the spartans in random spots

-Make a few more animations for the same amount of players as the same animation over and over again can get pretty dull. Maybe even put in an easter egg animation that only has 0.01% chance of happening (like BF Hardline animations).

• Like 2

A) I don't care

B) They've been removed anyway

-Make a few more animations for the same amount of players as the same animation over and over again can get pretty dull. Maybe even put in an easter egg animation that only has 0.01% chance of happening (like BF Hardline animations).

No, that's a bad thing. We're supposed to be finding ways to make the IV's look good, not like a bunch of pasty white l33t quickscoper boys who joined the military.

Edited by BaconShelf

I honestly thought they were juvenile, and at best, a terrible representation at how one would be while playing a video game. Tacky at best, they really had nothing to show but blatant arrogance (I completely agree with them being called "dudebro" animations); I'd rather have an arms-crossed, solemn nod. The over-the-top "dudebro" style just seems unprofessional at best.

I honestly thought they were juvenile, and at best, a terrible representation at how one would be while playing a video game. Tacky at best, they really had nothing to show but blatant arrogance (I completely agree with them being called "dudebro" animations); I'd rather have an arms-crossed, solemn nod. The over-the-top "dudebro" style just seems unprofessional at best.

2mlg4u

Das a gud idea.

Hold on let me give you the generic response: IT'S NOT HOW TRUE SPARTANS ACT IT'S BAD. SPARTAN IV's ARE BAD AND SHOULD DIE!

Now let me give you my response: If this is a war game simulation, and please pay attention to the word "game", and the Spartan IV's are human, this is common human nature. To act like this during an invasion or after a real firefight then yeah it'd be a little stupid, but this is a competitive game with friends (the Spartan IVs are depicted as a team so they have to get along and be friends somewhat) so it is normal human nature.

I feel people have more of a problem with it because when most people think of Spartans they think of the S-II variety. But there's an obvious difference between S-IIs and S-IVs and they are numbered different for a reason. Not every Spartan has to act like a reserve Spartan II like Master Chief.

My opinion on the animations is that they're a nice little addition that let's you see your teammates before a game, but even if I didn't like them I don't care enough to complain about that. It has little effect on the gameplay which is the most important thing people should care about when it comes to a Multiplayer beta. They can stay or go, but they're still there so we'll see what "reduced dudebro" means in regards to the animations.

I also like what peanut said if they stay.

• Like 2

Hold on let me give you the generic response: IT'S NOT HOW TRUE SPARTANS ACT IT'S BAD. SPARTAN IV's ARE BAD AND SHOULD DIE!

Now let me give you my response: If this is a war game simulation, and please pay attention to the word "game", and the Spartan IV's are human, this is common human nature. To act like this during an invasion or after a real firefight then yeah it'd be a little stupid, but this is a competitive game with friends (the Spartan IVs are depicted as a team so they have to get along and be friends somewhat) so it is normal human nature.

I feel people have more of a problem with it because when most people think of Spartans they think of the S-II variety. But there's an obvious difference between S-IIs and S-IVs and they are numbered different for a reason. Not every Spartan has to act like a reserve Spartan II like Master Chief.

My opinion on the animations is that they're a nice little addition that let's you see your teammates before a game, but even if I didn't like them I don't care enough to complain about that. It has little effect on the gameplay which is the most important thing people should care about when it comes to a Multiplayer beta. They can stay or go, but they're still there so we'll see what "reduced dudebro" means in regards to the animations.

I also like what peanut said if they stay.

No, but it encourages the stereotype that all Spartans are the Palmer/ Majestic-esque "HUMANS **** YEAH" type despite the clear differences seen through Buck, Romeo and Mickey in New Blood.

People don't like the Spartan IV program because its candidates actively talk down other personnel and have an entire deck of Infinity just for them; they are secluded and instea of trying to get the feeling of being real people this jut encourages them to act like dicks. We should be seeing more professional-esque Spartan IV's in media, or at least see officers starting to take note of the arrogant nature of the new Spartans, such as how Palmer is very likely to be demoted from commander after Escalation 16.

A) I don't care

B) They've been removed anyway

No, that's a bad thing. We're supposed to be finding ways to make the IV's look good, not like a bunch of pasty white l33t quickscoper boys who joined the military.

They're playing war'games'.

For all we know it's more of a sport to them. Like football.

Spartan IV's are more human and behave accordingly.

• Like 1

From what I've seen, this is the equivalent of a game of Airsoft to them.

And Airsofters get pretty dude-bro after a solid game.

japanese-airsoft-dance-o.gif

That, and the fact that, 'Life-or-Death' situation or not, nobody goes into a battle thinking they're going to die. It's called 'dudebro' for morality reasons. If anything, the animations are to make the team better functioning, like a well-oiled machine. Maybe the old "Dudebro" was a LITTLE bit too much, so they reduced it. Problem Solved.

No need to hate the multiplayer because of some adult motivation. Yeah, some different animations, FarCry 3 style, and even some rares, are needed, but the animations are pretty okay, in my opinion.

On the Canon side, the augmentations and training were meant to "shut up" the spartan-II's. They had to be reduced because people DID die from the changes. The Spartan-IV's are highly publicized and even Dr. Halsey is against these spartans' attitudes in Halo: Spartan Ops. Changes had to be made and they were done. 

This may seem like a longshot, but how about a middle way?

Keep the animations but get the option to select your own animation like you do with other aesthetics like your armor.

This way you can choose whether you want to flail them arms or want your spartan to only give a slight nod of "you know what's up"

This may seem like a longshot, but how about a middle way?

Keep the animations but get the option to select your own animation like you do with other aesthetics like your armor.

This way you can choose whether you want to flail them arms or want your spartan to only give a slight nod of "you know what's up"

So you're saying, instead of the Spartan Pose/Stance you choose on your Player Card, you choose your Spartan's animation? I'd be up for that. Actually sounds really cool. Now just for them to work that mechanic out...

So you're saying, instead of the Spartan Pose/Stance you choose on your Player Card, you choose your Spartan's animation? I'd be up for that. Actually sounds really cool. Now just for them to work that mechanic out...

Exactly!

Though I don't think it's going to happen. I won't even bother putting it on Waypoint as it will get buried with pure hatred right away >.>