Useful Halo Lore links

BaconShelf

This thread serves as a depository of useful links you should consult if you wish to know anything about the lore and universe of Halo. All PDF links are online and are not necessarily downloads (Except for the Halo Comic Set link)

The Halo Archives
Although still currently in-progress, the Archives serve as a reliable, accurate source of information about various subjects (Though not as in-depth as say, Halopedia) written by some of the most knowledgeable lore-ists out there. They cannot be edited by just anyone.

The Absolute Record
HaloArchive also manages a directory of online links and backups to every interview and online lore source they find; their youtube channel uploads every Vidoc, trailer, interview and any other official content produced by 343 Industries, Bungie or Microsoft regarding Halo. Their text-based directory includes online download links to every Halo cutscene, information like the Eleventh Hour Reports, Data Drops, Catalog Waypoint posts, 'Canon Fodder' articles written by 343i and much more. Links to all terminals and the audio of Halo: Rebirth, included with Silentium, included.

HaloArchive HunttheTruth
The Archive's record of HtT and their analysis' of the campaign every week

A record of all the video content produced by 343i, Bungie and Microsoft (And related parties) regarding Halo.

Halopedia
This is probably the most definitive Halo encyclopedia out there, and the most accurate that can be edited freely. It also has in-depth articles on basically every subject in-lore.

HunttheTruth
The official Hunt The Truth campaign homepage on tumblr

Halo Waypoint- Universe Articles
These are perhaps THE definitive source of information there is on the Halo Universe, coming from 343Industries' own lore team. 4 new articles are uploaded every week, between thursday and saturday

Halo Waypoint- Canon Fodder
Weekly blog posts written by 343i's writer GrimBrotherOne, which subjects in the lore and exclusively the lore are talked about, including regular community Q&A sessions.

Halo Waypoint Bulletins- HBO backup
Older Halowaypoint links do not work anymore, fortunately, halo.bungie.org backs them up. This includes all waypoint bulletins, not just lore related ones, though there's a handy search box...

Halo Literature order
/r/halostory's index of Halo literature and links to some online resources

The four Halo: Evolutions stories converted to motion comics, The Return, Mona Lisa, Midnight in the Heart of the Midlothian and Headhunters

Halo Legends
The eight Halo: Legends anime shorts

Halo Escalation
An online link to view Halo: Escalation ongoing comic series

Halsey's Journal
An online pdf of the journal from the Halo:Reach limited and legendary editions

Halo: Combat Evolved Manual
A link to view the manual of the original Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo 2 Map Pack Manual
The manual for the Halo 2 Map disc, not much lore info outside of map descriptions

Halo Game manuals
Xbox's own library of Halo game manuals, Halo 2 (Both versions), 3, Reach, ODST, Wars and CEA

Halo 2: Conversations From the Universe
The booklet included in Halo 2 Collectors Edition

Halo: Comic Set (Community Dropbox)
Downloads for Halo: Initiation, Bloodline, Graphic Novel, Uprising and Helljumper

Halo Wars: Genesis

The comic that came with the Halo Wars limited edition.

Stephen Loftus' articles
Stephen Loftus' work has been used on several occasions and he is often consulted as a lore expert by 343i including work on the Halo Encyclopedia. These are his analysis' of various parts of the Halo universe.

Dialogue Database
Archive of in-game dialogue from the original trilogy (Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3)

If there's anything you feel I have missed off or (Mods think) should be removed, just say below.

My own list of Halo media can be found Here!

Edited by Drizzy_Dan
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading a LOT of this lately, currently going through old Canon Fodder. I noticed you got a question in Bacon! I'm now searching for online versions of Initiation and Bloodline.

Back on the old waypoint community Q&A's, I had like, five questions answered at various points. If you follow te canon fodders every friday and look out for when they're opening questions, you can get yours in.

Plus I've had a few conversations via twitter with Jeff Easterling (Grim) and Matt Forbeck, and Greg Bear often answers questions regarding the Forerunner Trilogy.

Grim often pokes around the universe section of Waypoint and clarifies stuff, so your chances to get a conversation from him are pretty good compared to most devs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update 3/05/2015:

Added PDF download links for Initiation, Bloodline and Helljumper. If anyone has Uprising or the Graphic Novel, links for those would be gladly appreciated!

• Like 1

I sent Uprising to Vitamin but it didn't work the first time so I sent it again. We'll see if it has any success this time around. If not I'll try to upload it myself.

Edit: Uprising has been added to the Community Dropbox.

Edit 2: The Halo Graphic Novel has been added to the Community Dropbox.

Edit 3: The full The Fall of Reach novel is here at this website: http://s3.amazonaws.com/szmanuals/dda956e6212b5299176ca2678f51bad8

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is a few useful links relating to the Halo Media that some folks might like. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...