Halo: War Games [Official Thread]

VinWarrior

I woke up from my sleep sore and hungry "Hey Crossbones can I take you up for that offer of lunch? I am a bit hungry and there isn't much to do in here. Might as well stuff my face before wargames starts, I won't be getting much than." I got out of bed, still in a good bit of pain, but I walked over to the counter that was next to my bed that I had been laying on. My armor was laying on the counter set out in a neat way with the helmet at the start and the boots at the end. 

I examined the shoulder of my armor, it had a hole from were I had been stabbed, how the hell he got his knife through my armor I don't know. "How am I going to explain this to the commander" I said to myself. In my shorts and T-shirt I left the room were I had been resting and walked down the hallway, I needed some food. I should be back before Crossbones returns.

It was clearly obvious this conversation wasn't going anywhere. The commander seemed to believe her story. I wasn't in the mood to stand around here and get lectured. I wanted to meet the rest of the ten l team. I tapped Runner on the shoulder, letting her know to get the major details and that I was headed out.

I've worked with her quite a few times before. She's the quiet type and doesn't like to be involved in situations, especially fights among the team.

I walked out into the hallway and towards the mess hall. I dropped the bag into a trash chute, as I went to continue to walk towards the mess hall, I noticed Valentine limping out of the medbay, I approached him.

"What are you doing sneaking out of the medbay? You need help walking or something, bud?" I awaited in front of the door for his response.

I stared at Eric who was at this time blocking my way to the mess hall. He was hard to read, I couldn't tell what the heck he wanted or what his intentions were. "No I am okay, my legs are fine it's just my shoulder is killing me. You wouldn't no why would you?" I raised my eyebrows at him as I said it with a slight grin. I'm not much of a person to hold grudges 

I walked past him, he was still there with me. "You know I'm going to have to fix my armor now right? That suit is my pride and joy, painted it myself."

I stopped and turned around to face Eric. "Why was it that you stabbed me again? It was all under control." At this moment I realized that I was walking around base in my underwear and T-shirt I was hungry though, I didn't care. Hopefully the Commander doesn't run into me. 

I walk beside a marine in the hallway. I grabbed him and took his pants off, throwing them at Valentine. "Here, put these on." We walked through another set of doors.

"That may be your pride in joy, but if that's so you'll leave it as is; as I have left mine." I raise my left arm, showing an energy burn, approximately 8 centimeters long and narrow.

"Oh, and about the whole stabbing thing. That was discipline. I'm not going to put up with a teammate who wants to fight with another teammate. Or vice versa, I don't care. We're not here to fight, we're here to get a job done. I respect you, but that craps uncalled for. Look, I like being able to work with another soldier, but I don't want to go into battle with teammates that are hostile with each other." I push past two more doorways, then turn right down another hallway. Alongside Valentine. "Here, I want you to have this." I grabbed a medallion out of my utility kit, it shined a nice silver with an image on it, I pressed it into his hand.

I grabbed the medallion. "What the heck is this for?"

I looked at it and looked back up at Eric. "Really though, don't stab me again that hurt, a lot." We entered the mess hall, it was empty besides one or two janitors that happened to be cleaning. We walked up to the were the line would have been had there been anyone in here. "So, why have you acted so strange today? Or is that how you always act?" You've stabbed me and now you have given me jewelry." 

I grabbed my food and sat down at a table. "... And that's not to mention you just stole someones pants." I turned and looked at the door in which we came to find Crossbones on the doorway looking directly at me.

"That medallion is one of the few I have, I give it to people I trust. I trust you." I grabbed a couple of fruit and sat down with him.

"I don't plan on stabbing you, it's not in me to do so. I only did because you angered me. Which explains why you might think I acted strange. I just got out of a cryogenic tube and that's the first thing I see. You tell me, would that make you upset? Your own team fighting?" I took a bite of my apricot. Not bad, but I've had better.

I turned to look at what you were. Yeah, I saw Crossbones, but I really didn't care that he was there. "Looks like the mutt found out you escaped, don't you worry. I think I made him scared of me, doubt he'll come over here " I moved on to the tangerines.

"I don't mind Crossbones, he seems like a cool guy." I took a bite of my sandwich that was made with some sort of meat, Moa perhaps.

"He patched me up pretty good, I just left because I was hungry, he wants to drag me back to the med bay so be it, as long as I get to take my sandwich."

"They brought us up here to do wargames and we have been here all day and we haven't got as much as a assignment. This is like a vacation!"

Before Eric could answer I noticed Runner enter the mess hall and sit at a table by herself. I shouted over to her "Hey Runner you wanna come join us?"

I waved my hand at her but ripped it down quickly cringing in pain.

I started on my Apricots. They were actually freshly picked, rarely ever does that happen.

Without looking up m, I acknowledged Runner. "Hey there girly, glad you could make it. Meeting must've been a *****. But that's alright, most of those damn things are anyways. You just kook m look at them in the eye and only say 'Yes sir.' Big problem fixer for me. I always do it." I grab the spare drink Valentine grabbed. I expected it was for me since he grabbed four. Not bad of a drink, but too fruity. Don't understand why he grabbed three cocktails. Whatever, I'll just eat my Apricots.