Halo: War Games [Official Thread]

VinWarrior

I run over to Valentine  to get him back on his feet
"Quite the team bonding? That knife is in deep lets get you to the medbay"

I glance over at Eric
"I'll deal with you later. Pull that f-ing trick again and that Grunt will be eating you for Lunch"
I walk over to the medbay with Valentine slumped around my shoulder. 

I lay on Crossbones shoulders. "Ain't I heavy with all this armor?" As I am carried away I nod at the Elite.

"Whats with the VCR on your head haha?" I laugh as I am slowly carried to the med bay. "This will be a fun experience, making friends already!" I hope there's some good looking nurses in the med bay I thought to myself as we turned a corner.

As I walk through the hallways the speakers light up with the same female from earlier, in an urgent tone, "Skai 'Koram, Crossbone, Alexander Valentine, K. Runner, and Eric Magarnold, please report to my office immediately."

I scowl and punch the wall, walking in the direction to reach the ONI officer, bumping into Runner, "Hello there, feeble human. We're being summoned." I state.

John took a long steady look around the room after the names had been called out. A lot of aliens. A lot of Spartans. He knew it was going to be tough, but he had to have been chosen for a reason right? It wouldn't be the first time he deployed alongside Spartans, but it would certainly be the first time he fought beside a covy. He didn't stay looking too long however, he needed to get himself adjusted for what lay ahead. Figuring for the moment that it would be best to slip away quietly, he did exactly that. There would be plenty of time to get to know his team later, but for now he needed to get a few minutes rest and maybe think about all this.

His quarters were on the lower decks of the ship. Nice and out of the way. As far as he knew they were his quarters only for the moment, but that was sure to change with the announcement of the teams. Didn't matter, he was by himself for the moment. If anyone needed him they could easily find him. He entered the small room, barely large enough to stretch your arms out. The "bed" was little more then a small alcove in the wall, covered with some sheets and blankets. Still, it was soft and had a pillow. As an ODST, he knew all too well how much of a luxury such a simple thing was. He climbed into the bed and lay atop the blankets, resting his head on the pillow. As much as he tried to nod off, he couldn't help but keep thinking about where the next few weeks would take him.

• Like 1

"Lovely.." the transparent visor shows my eyes rolling. "So, you fancy bein' the dramatic type, eh?"

I grip my side with a bit of a gasp behind it.

"Throwing a Spartan into an ODST? I think it's safe to say you owe me a drink after our reprimanding.."

Ty finally stumbles his way past the ruckus of Bravo team to where his own team is assembling.

"Gunnery Sergeant MacMillan." He says, nodding to the others. "I'll be the one patching you up in between my busy schedule of running and not dying."

He shifts his pack, rattling the admittedly unnecessary amount of equipment he carries.

"So... What's the deal?"

"I'll buy you drink and a dinner. Just had to show the arrogant youngling that words hurt, not me of course, I'm a badass indestructible alien being, but he is not. However, throwing himself into me with honour and hurting my jaw, that took guts." I state, putting my arm on your shoulder, grabbing the pistol from your side and examining it as we walk.

"I am not familiar with your human weaponry... This is a mag... Mag... Crap, I don't remember..." I scratch my head.

Wow, this john guy is a heavy sleeper...its only been like 3 minutes, and poking him doesn't do anything! *takes out a black permanent marker* I doubt he'll notice :D... *draws monocle on left eye, and two thin lines for a mustache* This is going to be awesome! *silently walks out of room without waking him up*

"Magnum.." I quietly say, "Though in the past few years, they've really toned it down." I fade off into my own thoughts, touching down on how right Valentine was about arrogance, but how he failed to see his own. At least there's some form of mutual respect..

"So what do you think in store's for us? I'm on the list to get augmented, and I'd hate to throw my chance away at becoming a hero."

Glancing up at the intercom I shouted

"Sorry Boss, but Valentine is injured bad. Medbay first, then you can talk us to death"

We reached the medbay. I placed Valentine on one of the empty patient beds.
"The wound doesn't look that deep afterall." I say as the blood drips onto my hands "I'll get some Biofoam. You're going to need to take it easy for awhile until. If that jarhead cut any deeper he would have caused some serious damage" I reach over to grab the biofoam in the medical cabinets and inject some into Valentines wound. He screams in pain "Relax. This can't be the first time you've gotten a dose of this wretched antvenom" After I finish I keep him still until his breathing regulates. "You should be fit for efficient combat in a few days. For now take it easy with arm movements. Rest here for a bit too. I'll bring back a meal" I leave the medbay heading to my personal quarters to take a breather. 

I walk quietly around the hallways. My name was called. Of course, making mother proud. Oh well, guess I'll have to face consequences. Of course, not my fault I'm stuck on a team who can't go the first five minutes without criticising each other while I go look at the War Games information.

No matter, I guess I better go. I eye a few grunts in the hallway. They're having fun...

I meet up with Runner and the Elite. Who I have yet to meet. A giant bag tossed over my shoulder.

"You and I are fine, maybe that medic guy too... Once 'Mom' realizes that Valentine was injured, she's not gonna focus on us." I smile, sliding open the door to the Officer's room, as she sits at a table, fingers crossed, looking quite displeased.

"Ma'am, anything you need?" I ask, sitting down on the chair as she motions me to. She sighs and looks at us, disgust and anger in her eyes. She pushes a paper forward, our augmentation papers, to sign and continue with training.

"Sign that... Please... So, what happened to the rest of your-" she asks before being cut off by Crossbones, "Sorry Boss, but Valentine is injured bad. Medbay first, then you can talk us to death."

Her eyes widen as she sinks back into her chair, letting out a breath of air, and calming down. "Runner... Please do enlighten me, what happened?"

I stood in the back, I was the only one that refused to take a seat. I watch as Runner explained what happened. The conversation was out of my focus.

I pulled open my tablet and watched as Crossbone took care of Valentine. He seemed to know what he was doing. Perhaps Runner should've went with. That would've speed up his recovery rate.

Hell our medics better get their cooperation together.

Now that I think about it, where's our grenadier?

[ONI REDACTED] looks around the area and spots the other team being dragged off for their behavior. He makes sure that the Elite sees the cape that he ripped from that Zealot.

Aside from that, he begins to get a little angry. Why is he up here doing stupid training when he could be down there fighting the Covenant? Oh well.

He nods at the group Medic as he approaches, but says nothing. 

This is going to be another long day.