Halo: War Games [Official Thread]

VinWarrior

I wasn't at all surprised my name had been called, though I had been quite arrogant today. I looked around at this... Bravoh? Is that how you humans pronounce it? Brahvo? Whatever. I was looking at my teammates and noticed quite a few of them, a very bulked up human, possibly a grenadier class, some scrawny little medic, and... Good god a grunt?

I took a seat next to the heavy looking human (possibly grenadier, I didn't know yet) and slapped his arm roughly, "So you're part of Bravo team? As your commander, I order you to go kill that stupid grunt over there." I smirk lightly and stare him down, imagining all the terrible things I could do to him with just an Energy Dagger.

My visor goes transparent.

"Commander, eh? Sounds like you gotta do it, bruv." I laugh, glancing over the grunt, trying to keep in mind that the creature could rip me limb from limb if it had the vague idea to. Sure, they look cute with the masks on, but their capabilities far outweigh how cuddly they appear.

The Elite towering over the rest of us-- minus the S-IV's-- however, just makes my skin crawl. I start taking steps away from the crowd to size up the rest of my teammates-- but more importantly, the enemy team.

(BTW: Derping too hard to see if any of you differentiated between a Marine, ODST, or S-IV.)

I looked up as she called my name, I hadn't been paying attention, all I heard was Valentine and Bravo team.

I walked over to the side of the room were the rest of what appeared to be Bravo team was gathering. I glanced at the lone grunt standing by himself and walked over to the Elite who was towering over the others. I studied his armor, it glistened compared to what my armor looked like. I noticed I was staring at the armor and turned my attention away and caught eye of the ODST medic, I walked over to her and smiled. "Runner right? I'm Valentine. Always good to get to know the medic right?"

My visor goes transparent again.

"I guess so." I nod my head in Crossbone's direction. "Don't forget to get familiar with him, too." I look around, not really caring for eye contact.

"So, was there a base, lounge, or some other form of HQ that we were supposed to report to?" I absentmindedly scratch at the side of my helmet and utter under breath, "Could use a bit of fresher air.."

"Lounge? heh don't think they have one of those here. If they do I will definitely be spending some time there." I look at her face, noticing all I can see is her eyes and nose I nod towards my helmet which is in my hand. 

"Take a load off, you might get some more air without that thing on your head. So bonehead was it? Which one is he?" I looked past Runner, I saw a mass of people I had never met before. Not that I was afraid, it would just take some time to get used to.

"Oh yeah to answer your question, we haven't gotten orders yet. I'm not entirely sure what to do at the moment either." I looked around everyone was milling about talking to people. No one knew what to do.

"Systems Online. Good job Eric, we have a new task for you."

I awoke from my cryogenic sleep. No burns this time, or any other symptoms. I was happy to be back in the action, I wonder what they wanted me to do this time? No matter, it'll be finished.

I went through my diagnostics, everything seemed clear. No negatives, everything was the same as before I went in the pod. Oddly enough, they already had my equipment on the table, including my good ol' Assault Rifle. My armor was being brought to me now.

"Come on, Eric, put your armor on.. We need to go. Your team is waiting for you."

Team, eh? No matter, I'll do as I'm commanded. I met up with her in the elevator and we went down. The mission was simple, we were going to do some War Games. Ha, haven't had to do one of those before.

She left me as the elevator came to a halt. I noticed a group of 6 others standing close together. This must be Bravo Team, my VISR points right to them. "Well, better make myself at home." I said to myself.

I walked up to the group, I noticed a familiar face. Ah, Crossbone. I believe he was on a Special Operation with me before. No matter, glad he's back.

I approached the other two off to the side, one of them was a medic. "Hello. You must be Runner our other medic. Nice to meet you, same as you Valentine. I'm glad I'm not the only soldier here. But I'm expecting you to do your best. Understood." I nodded my head in acknowledgement to our Commander for his approval of my late entrance.

I take the helmet off and make a face.

"The helmet filters out the metallic taste in the air." Again, nodding my head to Crossbone; "Crossbone's the blue one with the VCR attached to his face." I scratch my jaw where I was scratching at the helmet earlier. "I really hate the taste of the air.. UNSC really knows how to make 'decent' air in their facilities, don't they?"

I lean in a little closer, lowering my voice, "Hey, you don't mind the uh... former Covey's, do ya? I mean.. I can't be the only one feeling awkward.."

I look at Eric as he approaches.

"Yeah, glad to see you could make it. Howdy an' whatnot." I try to act natural. "So, what inter-dimensional drift spat you out?"

I looked over at Eric who just approached Runner and I. "Nice to meet you! Always refreshing to see a sociable person."

I turned my attention back to Runner... "Well to be completely honest, I hate Grunts, they are small dirty and smell of stale farts I also have a bad history with them." I glance at the Elite, "as for the elites, while I admire their strength and honor... damn they are so cocky. Sure they are good warriors but they aren't that great hell I can feel his head growing already." I glance back up at the Elite. he isn't were he was a moment ago.

My eyes widen as I turn around at the comment made by a pathetic human, "Pardon human?" I ask menacingly, walking up to you, my elite towering over you with a grimace. My shoulder energy dagger slide out as I draw it near your face.

"I think you're exactly right, I need to sharpen my skills. I'm not that great," I slam my Energy Dagger into the wall, burning a plasma hole into it, as I look back at you and continue, "Why don't you help me practice?"

I glance over at the elite was at this time staring me down gripping his dagger. "Guess you heard what I said hmm?" I looked around, the room was staring at the elite and I. "Yes I said that you guys are not the best, because you aren't. If you were the best would the elites have become the prophet's lap dogs? While I do admire your cultures strength, I can not help but notice your arrogance." 

By this time I began to turn back to BATMAN who was still at my side. "Get a load of this guy flinging his little toy around , no one can take criticism these days". 

I was getting annoyed now, and I was done toying with the human. I grabbed him by the neck roughly, pinning him against the wall with a scowl as I punch him in the eye, flinging him into the human medic (I assume the name is Runner) and growling. I laugh and with a smirk I turn around and begin walking away, "And you say we're the weak ones. Tell me, Mr. Valentine, what was it like to get your planets glassed?"

I scowl and turn back around, and sprinting toward you, towering over you, "I will not be held accountable for the work of my enemies. If I were you, human, I'd listen to Runner. Back off." I walk away, kicking the door roughly and knocking it down on the way out.

Winded by the impact, I try pushing Valentine to his feet.

"Well, he's a little short-fused, wouldn't ya say?" I cough harshly.. "Jesus.. I think he bruised a rib.."

I wiggle my way out from under Valentine and pick up my helmet as I stand.

"Someone needs a swift kick.." I put my helmet back on and follow the elite.

I sprang off the floor ignoring Runner and bonehead and grabbed my helmet, I charged out the door, barreling down the corridor towards the elite, I jumped and flung myself at him, just as he turned around I made contact we both crashed to the ground. Standing over him I punched him in the jaw. "Learn to take some F-ing criticism you ass! We humans grow and get better with that type of stuff, we don't think of ourselves so highly like you do." At this time I got off the elite removing my knee from his neck were I stuck it.

Walking away I saw Runner and her friend running towards us, I turned around just in time to catch the elites fist to my head. "Good thing I wore my helmet!"

I got in a stance to fight. "Team bonding at it's finest!"

I sprint between the brawling teammates-- "No!"

I draw my knife and place it firmly at Valentine's throat, in the same fluidity, drawing my pistol and pointing it at the elite's head.

"Knock it off. Both of you."

After taking a few breaths, I continue, "Last thing we need to do is wittle our numbers down while Alpha team stands by havin' a frat party at this pancake festival you two dolts are having. Focus."

"Kill them," I jerk my head to the other room, "Then you can kill each other all you want later."

I laugh, wiping the blood from my mandible as I press myself against the wall chuckling. I put out my hand to shake yours, "Skai, pleasure to meet you. I was waiting for you to retaliate, not many humans would take on an Elite of my size." I look over at Runner and wink. "I've studied human culture quite a bit, actually." I lightly push Runner's hand, lowering her pistol. 

"I would never kill him, don't worry. I actually quite like your kind. Let's go eat, we can discuss this whole team situation." I smirk, looking around and thinking of you all as valiant fighters. 

I stood on the other side of the door,I waited for Valentine to try and leave He did such.

He was underneath me, now was my chance. I jumped off the balcony and on top of Valentine. Pushing him onto the ground, face first. I quickly withdrew my knife and stabbed it through his shoulders pressure point. Completely making him immobile.

"You knock your **** off. If you're going to talk **** about the commander, expect a fight. I'm not going to put up with this, I will kill every single one of you. And don't think I won't. My mother is Commander of a UNSC fleet, I had special access to privileges that are classified. If you wanna fight, you leave it to the enemy. UNDERSTOOD!?" I say.

"As for the rest of you, let's get ready."