What do you want in Halo Wars 2?

bwdwtw

HALO WARS 2. What do you want in it?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What new units and/or buildings would you want in Halo Wars 2?

• Engineer (a squad of people that repair buidlings and vehicles for the UNSC)
    • A Corvette (takes a ton of resources to make but is devastating)
    • Heretics
    • Jackal Snipers apart from Jackals with shields
    • Skirmishers
    • UNSC Snipers
    • Your own idea (make sure to tell us what it is)
  2. 2. What new abilities/powers would you like added?

• Shelter units inside of a base (like locking down a base but just sheltering)
    • A drop ship to pick up Covenant units and drop them off like a Pelican
    • A higher unit cap
    • Much larger unit train circles (to fit more units and upgrades)
    • Cheat codes (alot like skulls, but with very unfair abilities)
    • Station Hospital (heals damaged/killed units that shelter in the base)
    • Create your own level (level edtior)
  3. 3. What new factions do you want to be able to play as?

• Rebels
    • Flood
    • Sentinels
    • God (as a cheat code)

UPDATE:

THERE WILL BE NO HALO WARS 2! ENSEMBLE STUDIOS WAS SHUT DOWN BY A LACK OF MONEY. I was deeply dissapointed when I learned that Ensemble was shut down. This basically just wiped out the purpose of the 4 hours of work I spent on this, but still just something for us to dream about.

What do you want in Halo Wars? Today I will be showing you some of the ideas me and some friends of mine want in Halo Wars. (let's abbreviate that with HW) HW is my favorite RTS game ever. I am a big fan of computer RTS games, but HW tops them all. I personally don't want some of these ideas in HW2 but we have to be open minded, right? I may state everything like it will happen, but it won't. I am not demanding anything, I am simply stating what I and the many I asked think about HW and what should be in HW2.

This is pretty long, so it will be organised by the

>>Question and

>Details.

Sit back, relax, and read away! Don't get too exited about it, HW2 isn't coming out.

:coffee:

Now, lets get started.

>>What new units would you like added?

>Engineers. I saw how they wouldn't fit into HW because the unit circle wasn't large enough. I'm sure they thought of adding them already. If there were a unit that could fix the destroyed buildings and vehicles like an engineer from the Covenant, I would definitely use them! Spending 350 supplies on a regenerator that takes time to restart is pretty inefficient if you have one building (say a reactor you spent alot of supplies on) is nearly destroyed and you can't afford a new one. Just send in engineers! They could look like marines but with black camoflague.

>Corvettes. If the UNSC takes too long to kill off the Covenant, then the Covenant can start building a Corvette! It would take a very long time to build, should cost 15000 resources or more, and use up 10 units. (for special purposes) Once built, it can drop in soldiers and vehicles (not aircraft) on a drop ship. There is a death beam that can wipe out everything in its path. The Corvette should be mildly slow. With all of these abilities, i'm sure it is the ultimate death machine. Overkill? Yes it is. It is only possible if you spend an hour as the UNSC and don't do anything to the enemy. I do this every day to the Covenant. Scarabs can be hard to deal with sometimes but with Captain Cutter's MAC strike, it can take out a scarab with no effort at all. One time, they sent 2 scarabs and I still took them out. If they sent a corvette, which is a consequence for spending hours doing nothing.

>Heretics. Just a wild idea. Maybe they have extra damage is all.

>Jackal Snipers apart from Shielded Jackals. I don't understand why I can't have just snipers and just shielded ones separately.

>UNSC snipers. Rebels had snipers, and they had long range. Flamethrowers can be deadly at close range, and snipers can take a toll at long range. That way, flamethrowers are stronger than snipers at a cost of range. Snipers should be a team of 2, if anything.

>>What new abilities/powers would you like added?

>Shelter units inside of a base. This is an idea I would serioulsy like to have on HW2. Task your units on the base (if the doors are open) and they run into there. You can close the doors so they don't enter the base anymore and the ones inside don't go anywhere. If you press A over the base, you can press a button that releases all the garrisoned units. So that means: A button that opens/closes the door. A button that releases garrisoned units.

>A drop ship that drops off Covenant units like the UNSC has Pelicans. What is up with that? The Covenant should have special powers just like the UNSC, but I mean just make the powers things like "Transport" or "Global Rally Point" or even "View Leader". I use pelicans all the time. When I saw the Covenant drop ship on campaign, I immediately switched factions on skirmish and tried to find it. The only form of transportation is teleporting for the Covenant. Why? It would be very helpful to have it!

>Higher unit cap. I would love to pack in alot more units for a battle. Maybe raise it from 30 to 40 (with the reinforcements upgrade) to 60 to 70 or even 80. The developers may need to generate a system to run with less lag to do this.

>Much larger unit circles. We need more variety. I know how to counter everything in the game. A game like Empire: Total War is a great RTS game that has amazing amount of variety in units. What if we took all of the suggested units from earlier, and added them to the list, along with some new vehicles and aircraft, we can make ourselves a great new larger circle, each with upgrades. Make engineers weak against infantry but strong against vehicles. Some sort of new system for new units. You should know what I mean.

>Cheat codes. Skulls are handy for skirmishing, but then again they don't provide the awesome might of a cheat code. They can be used to make it extremely hard to lose or win. Make your units drop dead in one shot or blow up all of the enemy units. Infinite supplies, super HP, a secret unit, insta Scarab (regardless of faction), maybe insta Corvette, or insta train for all units. Even a god mode would be fun. What if you could be god? Have a huge circle menu (maybe a couple) that let you place units during an AI vs. AI battle and then sending your units to mess with them or decimate them. See everything that goes on, no fog of war. What if you could generate rebels that run over to an enemy base and attack it? If you want, place a rebel base. Control the flood. Do anything! Sounds fun to me.

>Station Hospital. An upgrade you could buy from your base that heals your units that garrison inside of the base. Maybe 2 or 3 upgrades: The first one makes the base heal garrisoned units, the second one heals faster, the third one heals even faster. I think that would work in the game just fine.

>Create a level, AKA level editor. That would be the most awesome thing ever! It was mentioned by nearly everybody who participated in this long post. Start with a flat level. Have some sort of painter system that you can paint the ground with. An atmostphere editor that changes the background sounds and things like rain or dust from a wild jungle to a barren land of snow. Make it snow on the level, or else just choose the blank background that has no background sounds or particle effects. (rain, dust, snow, etc.) Creating levels for games I love (like Halo: Reach's amazing forge mode) is the best thing I could ever do. I have done that since I was a kid. (when those really retro games got smart and made an editor) Place an empty base build spot, place a rebel base there, place rebels. Place special items like supply generators or extra reactors. Make flood bases that allow you to choose what they produce and how fast they produce them. Make a special button that costs however much supplies and produces a hostile herd of flood or rebels. (like that level, Release) Place details like foliage and water, or place things like pre-made wreckages of vehicles and walls of ice or create cliffs. Something like this would be a dream come true to many players around the world.

>>What new factions would you like to play as?

Ok, so these factions are neutral. 2 factions are already fighting, but these factions can interfear with them. They can see everything and they have special abilities.

>Rebels. Maybe they could have a faction that says "Neutral" in between Covenant and UNSC can make you control the rebels or flood.

>Flood. As mentioned above. They have special buildings that spit slime balls (and they're deadly) or generate units for free. Depending on the unit type, they take longer to make if they are tougher.

>Sentinels. Control sentinel guards that fly around and never stop generating from their domain in their level. Amass the sentinels in a huge herd and have them attack the enemy. The ones from when the flood latched on to the Pillar of Autumn were deadly. This would make them extremely deadly as a herd.

>God. Like I said, it basically makes you god. (refer to the "Cheat Code" section for details)

You read it all! Make sure to like this and let us have your idea and opinion of these ideas! Remember, it is not all my ideas, it is many others' ideas. I spent 4 hours making this post. If you wish to see the topic about Halo 4, please visit the link below:

http://www.343indust...__fromsearch__1

For the Halo 4 topic, I spent 8 hours making it! In addition, there WILL be a Halo 4 and possibly a Halo 5! There should be a gravestone in honor of the fate of Ensemble studios. Age of Empires was another game I wanted a sequel of, but now I know that there will never be an Age of Empires 4.

• Like 1

wow you have some great ideas, and i agree with them all they would make the game more fun. i have a question though, will the unsc get some special unit if the covenant takes an hour with out attacking? maybe the can get the mech from halo legends, it can be fast and agile and have some awesome firepower

wow you have some great ideas, and i agree with them all they would make the game more fun. i have a question though, will the unsc get some special unit if the covenant takes an hour with out attacking? maybe the can get the mech from halo legends, it can be fast and agile and have some awesome firepower

hmm that does sound pretty good... I thought about it for a while

I would like space combat. The UNSC would get frigates, cruisers, stationary MAC cannons, and fighters. While the Covenant get corvettes, cruisers, carriers, and fighters. The uber units would be the MAC cannon and carrier. The human weapons on ships would be MAC cannons, nukes, and regular turrets. The covenant weapons would be Plasma bombardment, Plasma torpedo, and regular turrets. The only way to get the better weapons on the ship is to upgrade it, and the only way to upgrade it is through combat. Ships can heal themselves with engineers. Covenant have burn damage, and the UNSC have EMP. When a UNSC ship gets shot it continues to lose health. When a Covenant ship gets shot by a nuke it loses its shields. The fighters can bomb ships or destroy other fighters. Stationary MAC cannons are long range and do lots of damage, and Carriers are heavly armed and shot out fighters.

So how do you like my idea?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Add drones. Perfect Advanced anti-infintry units that are more effective but expensive than jackals. Upgrades #1: carry ability- Drones can carry a single marine off the ground, instantly kiling him/her. #2: drone engineer: adds a mild healing ability to the drone by giving them plasma cutters, like the drones in Contact Harvest. #3: birthright: drone squads are given a shielded drone leader to command them thus improving thier overall combat abilities.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the release of Starcraft 2, I'd like to see more elements of the Starcraft 2 game sort of cheated along into Halo Wars 2 (which could never happen.) I also want to see a much better graphics system. I don't want to have the chance to have my friends question "Is that N64 game?" As you can see, we just need the same Halo Wars, but with further elements added AND better graphics. Lot better.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

they should put halo wars 2 on the PC if someone else makes it, RTS doesn't really work for an xbox.

RTS works fine for the xbox, only problem is xbox gamers are more into run around and shoot people than RTS. I like all types of games, (with the exception of sport games) I will play shooters, RPG, RTS,TBS, adventure, etc, etc...

I am clearly the minority though...

• Like 1

I would like to be able to build any structure anywhere, similar to games like Battle for Middle Earth 2.

For the Covenant, a type of Engineer will function as a "builder," a unit you control and order to build things.

Humans will have a builder too, perhaps some "robot."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...