Halo 2 MCC co-op bug

I swear I saw some bug-related post earlier, but... I can't find it!

Anyway, me and my friend started playing Halo 2 co-op on the MCC yesterday, and we ran into a pretty annoying bug.
It kind of felt like lag, but it wasn't. It couldn't have been because no-one have that big lags. And we're both in the same house, using the same internet.. Well.. 
What happened was that suddenly we were experiencing completely different things while still being at the same place, kindof. 
On her screen she was dead, I was being shot and running into walls. On my screen she was dead, I was alive but no one was shooting at me (there was no mobs near me, and I was hiding behind a wall), and I couldn't respawn her. This was occasion one.
Occasion two was on this moving... ship/bridge/whatever where you get attacked by flood and those flying forerunner sentinels. It worked for a while, but suddenly she died and then she went back to the bridge-thing moving towards the place where you get attacked, and I was still in the location. She saw me as running into walls, and I saw her running into walls while enemies were shooting her.. 
Pretty annoying, anyone else experienced this?  

And it's annoying that if one of you die on legendary mode, you reset to last checkpoint.. I wouldn't mind if all of the games was that way, but they aren't, its just this one and that's kind of idiotic, if you ask me.. 

It's not idiotic.  What is idiotic, is that you expected a game that did not support client/host script syncing nor had any co-op campaign, to play flawlessly once they tried to incorporate it.  Halo 2 was not meant to support co-op online at all, just like CE.  The only reason CE worked so well, was because the Blam! engine version powering it, had said client/host script and predicted resource syncing.