Halo: War Games [Roleplay]

VinWarrior

post-26953-0-57840400-1427608994.png

You must've read that title and been like, "Oh god, no way." Well, guess what? I'M DOING ROLEPLAYS AGAIN. YAYAYAYAYAY! So if you don't like it, don't sign up. But I highly encourage you do, because this is gonna be a lot of fun. Hear me out.

Halo: War Games is an interactive roleplay taking place in the Halo Universe around 2558, some time after the Second Battle of Requiem and it's destruction. The setting is a UNSC Charon-class light frigate, the UNSC Champion, where a small arena simulation has been set up training Spartan and Ex-Covenant cooperative missions for future battles, enacted by ONI out of fear of the Covenant Remnant and return of the Prometheans. In this simulation, a set of teams comprised of both Spartans and the Arbiter's forces coordinate in invasion-class assaults and stalemates to determine skill among different races and in different fields. You are one of these squad members, and today's ballot day.

Sign up below using a formula like I will provide, there are no real limits to this, just stay within the Halo universe's logic. After all have signed up, the Roleplay will start and ballots will determine who is on what team, and depending on the number of players, how many teams there are. Here is the layout for your character sheet, feel free to make changes where needed if you'd like.

Name: Johnny Bravo

Race: Human (Can choose Elite, Jackal, Grunt, etc.)

Class: Soldier (Each race has classes, will list below as well)

Weapon(s) of choice: Carbine, Scarab Gun, Frag Grenades, Bubble Shield (Generally anything is fine, primary, secondary, grenade, and equipment, one of each)

Characteristics: Blonde, muscular, gorgeous (Just describe your character in any way you can)

Backstory: Johnny lived with his 'mama for many years of his life, and after the human-covenant war he developed a hatred for elites (Character's backstory, pretty simple)

Classes: Soldier (frontline, can call in ordnance once per game)

Medic (mid-range, can bring fallen allies back into the simualtion)

Grenadier (longer ranged, can carry more than 2 grenades in a simulation)

Ranger (longer ranged, can disable enemy radar)

Ultras (frontline, can call in a deployable turret)

Zealot (mid-range, can give ammunition to teammates)

General (longer ranged, can boost teammates' health)

Spec-Ops (longer ranged, can cloak for about 15 seconds)

I will alllow you to mix and max, ergo, be a spartan with Zealot abilities, or be a covvie with Medic. Doesn't matter to me.

After a few training matches, what's really interesting is we will be having an event where the winning team will determine who scores in the RP. Pretty cool eh? SIGN UP BELOW. My character entry is in the spoiler below if you're interested, I will be RPing too.

Name: Skai 'Koram (Human nickname is Sky)

Race: Elite

Class: Ultra

Weapons of Choice: T-51 Plasma Repeater, Focus Rifle, Plasma Grenades, Bubble Shield

Characteristics: Light gray skin with slight wrinkling, chaffed mandibles, Mark of Shame embedded on arm as a symbol of his hatred toward the Covenant.

Backstory: Skai was born into an already covenant absorbed society with a Zealot father and a medical mother, however, during his lifetime he grew to serve the Covenant and the Brutes with inherent hatred. Eventually, the Arbiter rebelled and Skai and ragtag covenant rebels fought through the streets of New Mombasa holding back the brutes, by the time they had gone, the war was over, and Skai was awarded a position in the Arbiter's forces as a major. He tattooed the Mark of Shame on his arm to symbolize his inherent distaste in the Covenant.

post-26953-0-85702800-1427608981.png

• Like 2

Name: Alexander Valentine

Nickname: Valentine

Race:Human (Spartan IV Enforcer Armor)

Class: Soldier

Weapons: DMR as a primary, duel magnums as secondary (Halo 5 version) x2 Frag, Drop Sheild

Characteristics: Light tan skin, dirty blonde hair, green eyes with hints of orange in them. Muscular, six foot two, clean shaven. Sarcastic but caring. Is very food at smuggling things around the base.

Background: Grew up on a farm on Earth worked the fields with his family until the human-covenant war. His parents were recruited into the UNSC and he was left at home with his uncle who was suffering from PTSD from fighting insurrectionists. His dad went missing and his mom was killed by a squad of suicide grunts which sparked his hatred for grunts, he saw them as cowards rather than warriors. His uncle eventually killed himself and Alexander was on his own, and he couldn't work a farm by himself so he did the only other thing he knew, he joined the UNSC. His first assignment was to the INFINITY and he later fought on both Requiem campaigns. He has a knack at making friends very fast because he was often moved from squad to squad when they needed his marksman skills. Until he was recruited into the project he was just another soldier.  

• Like 1

Name: Zakl 'Komtaree (Humans just say Zakl)

Race: Elite

Class: Ranger

Weapon(s) of choice: Beam Rifle, Energy Sword, Plasma Grenade

Characteristics: Average, nothing special. Scare on left side of face

Backstory: Zakl was just a normal Elite. He was born on Sanghelios, and at his coming of age, immediatly joined the military,and was trained as a Ranger. When he heard more about the Master Chief, Spartan 117, he began to dislike to Covenant. He joined forces with the Arbitor. He bears the scar on his face from his father, the first person he told of his dislike of the covenant. His father, Alei 'Komtaree, struck him on the face, leaving a deep gash. It's a reminder of how illogical the covenant are. How they can't listen or understand.

It's cheesy, but it's a start :P. My first wack at this stuff

Any tips about what to change, let me know!

Edited by lilsilmarillion
  • Like 2

Name: Lucktuk

Race: Grunt

Weapon(s) of choice: Anything he can salvage with a nice long range scope, e.g. Beam Rifle, Sniper Rifle or sometimes possibly a DMR/Covenant Carbine and, naturally for a grunt a few plasma grenades.

Characteristics: More spiky/scaly and rough skinned than your average grunt, short, nervous, cowardly, has a portion of his left elbow spike missing.

Backstory: Lucktuk was born, like any other average grunt on the planet of Balaho and was then forced to go and work for the covenant where he witnessed thousands of his Unggoy kind get treated like dirt and put at the bottom of the hierarchy because of their size and apparent rebelliousness. It was here that he developed a hate for the covenant and started to plan his escape from the covenant. However, there was something different about this little Unggoy foot soldier, he was reportedly the luckiest and most intelligent grunt in service and he was very handy with any scoped weaponry too. He has reportedly cheated and escaped death over 28 times, once even by a few millimetres as a UNSC sniper bullet took one of his elbow spikes clean off. He has also pulled off more head-shot's against any opposing force than any other Grunt or Jackal in service, until this point. So, he did manage to pull off his escape and he did manage to get lucky yet again and he decided to surrender to the UNSC to fight with them alongside the Arbiter and his other rebel forces.

Visual Representation:

post-29848-0-73931800-1427619401.png

(Sorry about my awful editing skills XD.)

• Like 3

Name: [ONI REDACTED] 

Race: Human (Who knows?) 

Class: Spec-Ops (Maybe, this is just a guess, i've seen him use active camo in the field before, so this seems like a good fit)

Weapons: Sniper Rifle, Magnum, Plasma Grenades, and a Bubble Shield. (Pretty sure about this one) 

Background: [ONI REDACTED] 

"If I could just say a few words here." Admiral Osman looked up from her desk.

"The arrival of..."

She looks down at the dossier on her table

"What was his name again? A yes, found it. [REDACTED] was a lone wolf, preferring to sit back from the battles that inevitably found him and carefully pick the enemy off with his superior sniping skills. Says here that he was injured in a battle against a Scarab, can you believe it? A scarab! I'm impressed! It managed to tear off his armour, and permanently plastered his boots and to his legs. At least he doesn't have to worry about shaving"

She laughed, it was very distressing to hear Osman laugh. And it didn't sound natural.

"Ah I get side tracked, where was I? [REDACTED]'s armour was somewhat... unique. I believed he didn't follow regulations. Says here that some Elite Zealot ripped a large area of his helmet off using an energy sword. Field reports state that he used the same Zealot's energy sword to wield the bits of helmet back on, after murdering it in hand to hand combat. He stole its cape, which he attached to the back of his armour. Blatant disregard for regulations there" 

"Let it also be noted that he has carved bright red tears coming from what would appear to be the eye sockets on his Warmaster helmet. Something that always unnerved me"

"In terms of his personality, I have absolutely no clue, I don't think he has ever spoken to me, nor have i seen him without his armour off. A fitting nickname would be something along the lines of 'Archangel' just through the number of UNSC personal he has saved on the field with his sniper and his 'the silent hunter gets the prey attitude'" 

"I think that just about covers it, I have nothing else here on [REDACTED]. Let me know if you discover anything new in the field, I would love to update my file on him."

-Admiral Osman 

Image: [ONI REDACTED] (What we know from the reports is that he wore a Warmaster helmet with the above described carvings and the cape from the Zealot, which is now somewhat battered and only comes down to the elbows now. I believe the remanding garb that he wore was all of the Venator variety." 

Note: Do not try to remove his armour! It does not come off. How does he go to the toilet? Who knows. (Well, he would, ask him the next time you see him soldier, if you see him...) 

I hope this reaches you in time. 

-Admiral Osman, ONI. 

I have too much time on my hands lol. Any questions feel free to shoot me a PM!

• Like 1

Name: John E. Murphy

Nickname: Panzer

Race: Human, ODST (Formerly of the 23rd Shock Brigade)

Class: Grenadier

Weapon(s) of choice: MA5D with a bipod, sling and 2x optical sight. Has a urban camo paintjob with a shark face at the front of the weapon, M6D and Frag grenades. Plus a knife, obviously.

Characteristics: Tall, has a short beard and short black hair, small scar on his left cheek, blue eyes.  Sarcastic, professional, cocky, protective of his teammates to the point of risking the mission in order to keep his team alive.

Armour Appearance: ODST helmet and chest piece. No shoulder pieces, full armoured guantlets. Prefers to wear a short sleeve shirt when possible. Helmet has been field reinforced with extra metal plates, which reduce the size of the visor. Wears a full assortment of bags, bandoleers and pouches. The armour is painted in an urban grey/black camo pattern, while the cloth beneath is plain black. There's a tally count carved into the chest plate, while the phrase "Remember Earth" is carved on the left side of his helmet. The ODST emblem is displayed prominently as a tattoo on his right shoulder. The emblem of the 23rd Shock Brigade is displayed on his left shoulder.

Backstory: John joined the UNSC in order to escape a life of crime on earth. Seeing military service as the only option for a better life, he lied about his age in order to enlist. The UNSC being desperate for soldiers to fight the covenant, accepted him. After several years of service, he was offered a chance to join the ODSTs. He served for several years as an ODST, performing his duty and whatever else was expected of him, right up to the Battle of Earth. He survived to see the end of the Covenant war, but at a terrible cost. He could count the names of his friends left alive on a single hand. He had survived due to the brotherhood, courage and loyalty of his fellow ODSTs. When he was offered the chance to join the Spartan program, he declined. He could not bring himself to leave the unit and uniform that had made him the man he was. 

Edited by Ledgend1221

Name: Judgement

Race: Human

Class: Soldier (Each race has classes, will list below as well)

Weapon(s) of choice: Carbine, Scarab Gun, Frag Grenades, Bubble Shield (Generally anything is fine, primary, secondary, grenade, and equipment, one of each)

Characteristics: Blonde, muscular, gorgeous (Just describe your character in any way you can)

Backstory: Johnny lived with his 'mama for many years of his life, and after the human-covenant war he developed a hatred for elites (Character's backstory, pretty simple)

Ignore that one xD

Name: Ben D. Gourten

Class: Spec-ops

Weapon of choice: battle rifle, hand Gun, Frag Grenades, Cloak 

Characteristics: Tall,mental,muscular

Backstory: Ben Gourten lived In a war zone for most of his life, his dad was a spartan He stood by master chief Himself and he hope he also be as great as his dad.

Name: Abraham Lincoln, Nick Name is Honest Abe

Weapon(s) of choice: DMR/Sniper hybrid with Equipped Silencer and Customized High explosive rounds, Magnum with Equipped Silencer and laser site with extensive mag and customized 1200 voltage shock rounds, 1 Frag and 1 Plasma Grenades, and Thruster Pack.

Characteristics: http://media.topito.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/abe_lincoln_reloaded_by_sharpwriter-d4h9mja.jpg

Backstory: After he was shot in 1865, he was rushed to an experimental top secret lab where he was cryogenically frozen for for 693 years. After a heart transplant, he recovered quickly. But after realizing he was not in his present time, he went into shock and went into a rare paralysis, something a normal surgery could not fix. The Office of Naval Intelligence had taken him in, fixed him, and gave him Spartan Augmentations. Therefore making him the most badass president that had ever lived.

• Like 1

Name: Crossbone

Race: Human, Spartan-IV

Class: Medic

Weapon(s) of choice: Silenced SMG, DMG Battle Rifle(from Halo:Online), Incendiary  Grenades, Bubble Shield 

Characteristics: Strong silent type.

Backstory: Previously a Combat Medic then ODST during the war. In an ironic turn of events Crossbone keeps himself distant from his teammates after witnessing his entire ODST squad being slaughtered during the battle of the Ark. Nowadays he still serves to honor their memory. Also one of the few of the Spartan-IV's who excel in first aid and treating wounds mid battle. Crossbone also developed an immense curiosity for the Covenant species throughout the course of the war. He has some minor knowledge of Sanghelli and Unggoy Biology. (Although good luck getting a Sanghelli to accept medical aid during combat).  He still shares a great interest for the medical field even going as far as to complete his Astrobiology degree on Mars whenever he has time off. 

Overview of equipment and experience: Crossbone was never fit to be a ranger. He has always preferred close to medium ranged combat and cannot snipe a target to save his life. He also has a distaste for alien weaponry mainly preferring good old UNSC Firearms unless the situation forces him otherwise.  Crossbone is fully outfitted with the Scanner armor variant and prefers to stay in cover providing suppression support and calling out enemy positions. He isnt the strongest gunslinger among the Spartan-IV's but his knowledge of enemy tactics and quick thinking help him outsmart his opponents.

Visual representation 

MJOLNIR_Scanner.png

Weapons and equipment(he uses a weapon from Halo:Online so take a look)

Halo3-ODST_Silenced-SMG-02.png

PMBGUZV.jpg

I hope I didnt make him too OP

Name: Abraham Lincoln, Nick Name is Honest Abe

Weapon(s) of choice: DMR/Sniper hybrid with Equipped Silencer and Customized High explosive rounds, Magnum with Equipped Silencer and laser site with extensive mag and customized 1200 voltage shock rounds, 2 Frag and 2 Plasma Grenades, and Thruster Pack.

Characteristics: http://media.topito.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/abe_lincoln_reloaded_by_sharpwriter-d4h9mja.jpg

Backstory: After he was shot in 1865, he was rushed to an experimental top secret lab where he was cryogenically frozen for for 693 years. After a heart transplant, he recovered quickly. But after realizing he was not in his present time, he went into shock and went into a rare paralysis, something a normal surgery could not fix. The Office of Naval Intelligence had taken him in, fixed him, and gave him Spartan Augmentations. Therefore making him the most badass president that had ever lived.

I'll let you keep whatever isn't crossed out lol

Name: Dexter

Weapons of choice: Battle Rifle, Magnum, Plasma grenade, Jetpack

Characteristics: Tall, slim and rather tough

Backstory: Dexter was determined to show that he could survive unbroken by joining the army after his own father was shattered by the war with the Covenant. He signed up for the UNSC marine Corps as soon as he could and ended up as a soldier. Dexter has three rules:

1.Get in

2.Do whatever is needed

3.Get out alive

Visual Representation:

Halo4_UNSC_Marine_Infantry_2.jpg

Edited by Kakashi_Hatake

I'll let you keep whatever isn't crossed out lol

Maddelyne

Weapon(s) of choice: Sniper rifle with Equipped Silencer, Magnum with Equipped Silencer and laser site, 14" Hunting knife, 2 spike grenades, and the blue ball thingy from Halo 3 that drained your shields and emped vehicles.

Characteristics: ill think of 'em later

Back story: After the death of her family, and glassing of her planet, she joined the UNSC to take revenge. She was a regular marine, until she was later promoted to be an ODST. Years after being an ODST, her covie kill count was sky high. She joined the Spartan IV program willingly, because she had literally nothing else to lose.

Name: Katelyn (Bubbles)

Race: Human / Female

Class: Medic / Combat Medic

Weapons of choice: Sniper Rifle, Magnum, Frag grenade, Bubble Shield

Characteristics: Swift, Intelligent, Expert in Field Medics 

Armour: CQC variant armour (Ice) Light Blue) (Secondary White)

Backstory: After her father (An honourable doctor) died during a war with the covenant, she went to into the UNSC to follow her father's footsteps. Through Genetic Augmentation she was trained as an expert precision marksman as well as a trained field medic.

Edited by Melody

Maddelyne

Weapon(s) of choice: DMR/Sniper hybrid with Equipped Silencer and Customized High explosive rounds, Magnum with Equipped Silencer and laser site with extensive mag and customized 1200 voltage shock rounds, 1 Frag and 1 Plasma Grenade, and Active Camouflage.

Characteristics: ill think of 'em later

Backstory: After she was shot in the heart in 2036, she was rushed to an experimental top secret lab where she was cryonically frozen for 522 years. After a heart transplant, she recovered quickly. But after realizing she was not in her present time, she went into shock and went into a rare paralysis, something a normal surgery could not fix. The Office of Naval Intelligence had taken her in, fixed her, and gave her Spartan IV Augmentations, and aloud her to customize her own armor in anyway she wanted.

Okay, I'll go by step-by-step what's wrong with this. 

First thing's first, you're a Soldier, Active Camouflage is exclusive to Spec-Ops, so your equipment should be EQUIPMENT, such as a drop shield, armour lock, etc. Anything from Halo 3 and Reach is fine.

Your guns are far too powerful and customized. I really don't mind minor edits like ONE attachment or a new paintjob, but you are way OP.

Your backstory not only does not fit within the realm of logic but it isn't within the realm of Halo. You need to get off the unrealistic revival train, because no Spartan IV has this as a backstory, if you want a simpler one, make one that fits within this realm. Otherwise, I cannot allow you to join the RP.

Everyone else is mostly fine.

Judgement, no Spartans had children, so you need to remove that.

Lilsilmarillion, just take out that you're "one of his most respected rangers" and you're good.

Name:  Ghost (John)

Weapon(s) of choice: Sniper, Magnum, Trip Mine

Characteristics: Scout armor, intelligent, green eyes, finds spots where no others can see him... hence why he is called the ghost.

Backstory:

Ghost is a Spartan ranger who was believed to be MIA, no one knows of him being alive... he assists in times of need picking off enemies one after another, providing help to those in need. Never seen... he remains a Ghost to those he helps, and his story remains a mystery to everyone. No one knows his name, no one knows who he is... they simply refer to him as The Ghost.

Name: K "Runner" Ritter (answers to "Bats" and "Carrot" as well).

Race: Human ODST.

Class: Medic.

Weapon(s) of choice: Carbine, karambit, pistol, and spike grenades.

Characteristics: 5'10", pale, steely-eyed, lean, fast, accurate, and brutal hand-to-hand combatant. Left-handed, quiet, but unafraid to give her piece of mind (usually ends-justify-means or anger) to a situation that needs a tie-breaker or outside opinion. Gets silly for the fun of it in gruesome situations.

Backstory: After having survived the Human-Covenant war, she gained a large distrust for the Covenant races; as they slaughtered her entire team. Not that she's entirely prejudiced, but the mental scars of battling them have festered into a borderline hatred and xenophobia. Attributes to her general lack of empathy, callous approach, and broody disposition.

• Like 2

Name: Eric Magarnold

Class: Soldier (Specifically Operator)

Weapon(s) of choice: Assault Rifle, Spartan Laser, 2x Frag grenades, power drain.

Characteristics: Fast, tough, intelligent/smart, brunette, conservative.

Backstory: Raised and taught to finish the job. No complaints, no back talking. The team matters most, no one gets left behind. Eric has a soft-spot for aiding the medics in their duties and ensuring they're safe. They matter the most. Eric lost his father in the beginning of the Covenant-Human War. His fathers dog tags are laced with his own. His mother is a current commander of the UNSC. He does his best as not to disappoint her.

Name: Tyler "Ty" Mitchell MacMillan

Class: Medic (ODST, 22nd Shock Troop Battalion, Bullfrogs)

Weapon(s) of choice: M45D Tactical Shotgun, M6G, M319 Individual Grenade Launcher (Smoke Deployment Grenades), Jetpack

Characteristics: Black Hair, Thick chin goatee, Small stature (5 feet 7 inches, roughly 140 pounds), Extremely Agile.

Armor:

halo_reach__cross_by_purpledragon104-d3h

Backstory: Although he is a relatively new member of the ODSTs, MacMillan is no stranger to combat. Although he is a competent combatant, his primary role in the Bullfrogs is CASEVAC; Retrieving casualties, and removing them from danger before administering medical aid. To this degree, he wears a special harness to assist in carrying wounded soldiers, and a modified Jetpack with higher thrust to assist in moving them.

You may as well have just chosen Anvil Station an the ANVIL Initiative then. Woul hae required a lot less explanation.

Besides that, I had a look through the other thread. All of my wat.

That said, it's not my place to have a go at everyone for something they would enjoy more, it just seems very odd for an rp.