Halo Online Announced!

So Microsoft think it can take on War Thunder and World of Tanks/Warships in Russia...with Halo?

Good luck, they'll need it.

EDIT: Alright, I'll wait and see what they do with this. But I really do hope they try and go for something new and not just a reskinned clone of another game.

Edited by Ledgend1221
  • Like 1

You do know people in other countries can still play this right?

By using a VPN. I've done it before to play some Japan only Gundam games. Maybe I'll do it again for Halo Online

The only problem is awful ping and not understanding the menus. If the Halo community shows enough interest it should eventually come to the states. 

I've heard about them making a PC game. It looks like it might have graphics similar to Halo 4, in my opinion. Looks like it's multiplayer too, don't know if there's going to be some sort of campaign or something. AND SQUADS?????????? That seems interesting, it might have some local play or 2 player squad battles or something. Seems interesting, and I'm glad it's free, hope they make it available to other countries as well though. I think if they do I'll probably play it, and thanks for the translation Edward Kenway. :) :)

hahah I'm not surprised like, at all considering MS wants to have W10 be all gaming emphasized so why not have Halo for PC again? the fact this is now official is great but limiting the testing to just Russia? that is extremely odd as to why they chose Russia and not the U.S for testing. If the game is similar to Warframe in terms of having co-op and multiplayer I reckon this could end up being amazing.

Edited by Connor Kenway

This is just fanfare plain and simple. God forbid they release an actual full fledged Halo product on PC. Fact is, PC players don't want simple straight out Halo multiplayer. They want customization and full development tools to go with it.

As for the details, it CANNOT run the Halo3/4 engine. Its one or the other, or a completely new variant. That being said, im not fairly optomistic as yet again, a 3rd outside party playing with the franchise will not go well. Gearbox to date is the only oitside developer to actually get anything 75% correct when it comes to Halo on PC.

• Like 1

Twin, Saber is the company that did the HCEA remake and the larger part of the H2A campaign remake. They've got a pretty good track record on Halo. It'll be running on an evolved version of the Halo 3 engine, based on a statement by 343. It'll be quite fun to pick it apart, wouldn't you say? The engine I mean -- my hope is that the game is well balanced, fun, and overall decent.

• Like 1

Saber may be good an environment design and implimentation, but thats a far cry from core mechanics. Besides, what good is a Halo PC game that is multiplayer only? Even if it does release, their is no guarantee that it can or will be decrypcted/decompressed with any success. For all we know the game could utilize a similar network model as MMO's, meaning data for the game is stored locally in a temp directory, but is redownloaded and synced upon startup.

The bigger picture here is why? Why Russia? Of all the countries to have a closed beta, you pick one of the worst for internet reliability and cut off a large amount of the fan base. Unless we are all to believe that 90% of the PC gaming community is Russian?

They claim this game is simply "testing the waters". Testing what waters? Microsofts purpetual reoccuring mishaps and cluster *****? This is nothing more than a huge spit in the face of the pc gaming community, simply so Microsoft can later claim " they tried to support" pc gaming.

Microsoft has done nothing but sorely mismanage the brand and gaming in general. Look at their piss poor history with gaming on Windows and the twice released Game for Windows brand. Simply putz they have no idea, desire or or drive to support their biggest platform money maker. The way Microsoft handles pc gaming would be like Steam not producing any games or ports to support its service.

• Like 1

The bigger picture here is why? Why Russia? Of all the countries to have a closed beta, you pick one of the worst for internet reliability and cut off a large amount of the fan base. Unless we are all to believe that 90% of the PC gaming community is Russian?

Russia is a pretty big demographic for F2P Online games.

The success of War Thunder and World of Tanks is down to Russian players.

It does make sense, but they'd need to have something up their sleeve if they want to get it off the ground. If they're going to rely on the Halo name to carry it, we can just call it dead right now.

We should remember that countries like Russia and China have extremely high piracy rates when it comes to games. Which is why you see stuff like CoD:Online, and Borderlands:Online only in China or something.

So while I am confident if we beg enough we will get a Halo Online release in our part of the world the basic premise is that since F2P games do massively well in those countries. Why not milk money out of them first and milk money out of the rest of the world who are willing to buy games and not pirate them? (countries like US and Europe have lower piracy rates) 

Halo Online will not doubt make its way to our shores. Its a money making opportunity for those people who like that F2P stuff. Even if it isnt what the core Halo fans want it will open up the market to a new crowd(since it is a F2P Online Shooter)

Lets just see how this turns out shall we? Seeing all this loadout stuff and armor that changes your stats along with perks. Now this really sounds like Call Of Halo. 

• Like 1

We should remember that countries like Russia and China have extremely high piracy rates when it comes to games. Which is why you see stuff like CoD:Online, and Borderlands:Online only in China or something.

So while I am confident if we beg enough we will get a Halo Online release in our part of the world the basic premise is that since F2P games do massively well in those countries. Why not milk money out of them first and milk money out of the rest of the world who are willing to buy games and not pirate them? (countries like US and Europe have lower piracy rates) 

Halo Online will not doubt make its way to our shores. Its a money making opportunity for those people who like that F2P stuff. Even if it isnt what the core Halo fans want it will open up the market to a new crowd(since it is a F2P Online Shooter)

Lets just see how this turns out shall we? Seeing all this loadout stuff and armor that changes your stats along with perks. Now this really sounds like Call Of Halo. 

It probably will release worldwide eventually. I doubt 343i are that stupid

But about your last statement Bnus, I HATE when people say that any game with loadouts and perks is automatically a CoD clone. Call of Duty did not invent loadouts and perks.

• 3 weeks later...