#HuntTheTruth Episode 00 Discussion.

Buns

Remember that Hunt The Truth trailer and countdown from two days ago? Well once it finally ticked down we got something.

Something interesting.

We got an alternate reality game(in the vein of ilovebees for Halo 2 and others alike). Except this time it follows an unlikely character. A War Photographer and Journalist named Benjamin Giraud(his name sounds awfully familiar. Maybe it was mentioned in previous Halo lore? I'm thinking Escalation or one of the Kilo-Five novels. Or maybe I'm just being dumb) 

Benjamin is searching for the truth about Spartan 117. In doing so this fictional character is going to be releasing weekly audio episodes of this search and what he finds. I have a feeling him being a war photographer we might even get some photos in the mix to help.

This first episode(Episode 00 Primer) has nothing of significance so not really much to discuss. However feel free to post your theories on what might happen and what Benjamin might uncover.

Link to Episode 00 Primer
http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/post/114363776783/episode-00-primer-what-began-as-a-high-profile

Next episode is on 3/29 

EDIT:

Benjamin Giraud is on the Halowiki. He isn't a new character at all! 

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Giraud

• Like 3

69a9c2bea16c541f7150224e5849648f.jpg

Nice Blue Hair Mr. Giraud.

Since the bullet started with son, somehow I feel this is maybe where will start next week, but who knows. I remember the last Live Action teaser for Halo showed Chief on a beach before his abduction and his mother.

• Like 1

Son, abductee, victim, orphan, recruit, soldier, warrior, Ally, hero, Savior, and Traitor. 11 things Master Chief is. 11 weeks is also how much time there is between the beginning of HuntTheTruth and E3. They said it would run until E3, so it is safe to say they Benjamin will run through all of these names until he reaches Traitor, one week before E3.

• Like 1

I was honestly shocked to find out that Benjamin is voiced by Keegan Michael Key. Now if only Jordon Peele would do some of this too...

Anyway I really like where this "HuntTheTruth" thing is going. The Star Maps, when connected, presumably show a connection of Star Constellations (or even Planets) that, when put into an order, could create a message (like the first letter of the star's names being implemented into a word, like Betelgeuse having a B ). OR maybe it's not a Star Map at all, and it's an actual code.

I dunno. I don't really have much to ad right now. I need more info.

Edited by Self Destruct

This just showed up on the site:

"The Assignment:"

"Here’s the offer letter from ONI, outlining the assignment. Sounded so easy when it all started. How could I say no?"

tumblr_nlvx20WRmm1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

Thanks for the update SD. I personally don't like how informal this letter was. Knowing ONI, they'd be a lot more professional when communicating.

I just realized this. Michael Sullivan is one of the survivors from Corbulo Miltary Acadamy, and was otherwise known as "Sully" in forward unto dawn. He escaped with Lasky at the end, and he also has a new title. His dad was also in ONI.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Sullivan